FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Axe or Save Practice

Axe Practice One
10%
Save Practice One
90%
By myownalias
I can see why they would be for it. If you're a team that's engine supplier is Renault, it would save your engines a bit more but overall, it is a stupid choice and it is wasting more money for the fans

Teams don't have to run in FP1 or any free practice session if they wish to save money and/or engines; why should the teams that wish to run two practice sessions on a Friday be penalized?
I can see why they would be for it. If you're a team that's engine supplier is Renault, it would save your engines a bit more but overall, it is a stupid choice and it is wasting more money for the fans

Teams don't have to run in FP1 or any free practice session if they wish to save money and/or engines; why should the teams that wish to run two practice sessions on a Friday be penalized?

It doesn't make sense to me. Like you are wasting great time you can gain information from. I hope this doesn't get passed and we still have P1 and 2
By NHcheese
I like fp1, means I can watch f1 earlier in the week. Gives me something to look forward to.
By spankyham
I don't think what fans want will be a consideration. This decision will go the way others have in the recent past.
What makes F1 profitable for production car companies.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
By CookinFlat6
It wont be that much of a cost save, as they are already at the track. If they cut the day then it would not make sense to introduce extra days during or between seasons.

Its very telling when ferrari want unlimited testing yet are unable to use their veto and overcome the other teams wishes on friday testing. This must mean that it is very very important to the other teams. Unlike ferrari using their veto to get V6 turbos introduced instead of the more attractive 4 litre turbo originally agreed. Normally though when teams get their own way its for their benefit. Apart from demanding the V6 turbo which didnt benefit ferrari in the end
By Frontrunner
Terrible idea, takes on track action away from the fans, and also really wouldn't save much $$$ IMO as others have already said.

What next, No Quali and the grid is decided by picking drivers names out of a hat and having a 5 lap grand prix, now theres a idea. :rolleyes:
By 1Lemon
...just televise the sessions in the simulator.

You're welcome.

What's Burning?

What's Bernie?

Bernie?

What are your thoughts on track based sprinklers?
By geetface9
...just televise the sessions in the simulator.

You're welcome.

What's Burning?

What's Bernie?

Bernie?

What are your thoughts on track based sprinklers?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Terrible idea, takes on track action away from the fans, and also really wouldn't save much $$$ IMO as others have already said.

What next, No Quali and the grid is decided by picking drivers names out of a hat and having a 5 lap grand prix, now theres a idea. :rolleyes:

If this happens, I'll report you :nono:

See our F1 related articles too!