FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What are your views on the Ferrari veto

Ferrari should have it because of their history in motor racing.
No votes
0%
Their passionate fans deserve it
No votes
0%
F1 needs Ferrari and the veto will ensure they stay
8%
Ferrari are special and as such should have the veto
8%
Ferrari need the veto to control the excesses of the FIA
No votes
0%
Ferrari would never actually use the veto
8%
No competitor should veto the rules under which it competes
77%
By What's Burning?
And I thought religious folk were crazy, Tifosi are just as bad! :hehe:

It is a religion. :hehe:
By myownalias
00AA00

What century you living in Grandad?

;)

He's got you there WB... it is indeed #00AA00; or #0A0 in modern coding!

Anyway back to talking about #FF0000... :P
By spankyham

Not often someone can stereotype and insult two groups of people in one sentence. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
By What's Burning?
00AA00

What century you living in Grandad?

;)

He's got you there WB... it is indeed #00AA00; or #0A0 in modern coding!

Anyway back to talking about #FF0000... :P

:gonnagetit: I'm not smart enough to be a coder, I'm not old enough to be a grandad!
By sagi58
If you own a gun, chances are you shoot with it, if you own a car chances are you drive with it, if you have a pack of cigarettes chances are you smoke. Ferrari have veto power.

Let's just stop, I mean it's crazy. If you want to bury your head in the sand, I guess it's your right to do so. It does go a long way towards explaining why you and Sagi keep picking a Ferrari 1-2 in the pool though. I guess I'll never get it, I guess that's why I lack the "passion" to be a tifosi. Horses for courses.

Of course you don't get it!! :rolleyes: You seem to think that "winning" is the be all and end all of success!!
Ferrari fans stick with them through thick and thin, just like a family. And, just like in most families
there is dissention, there are arguments, there is anger, etc; but, family is family and blood is thicker
than water, so loyalty wins out in the end.

Speaking of "not getting it": What I find fascinating is that, as competitive as you seem to be and as much
as you seem to value winning, when it comes to Schumi and his success at Ferrari, in the form of statistics,
titles, etc., there always seems to be a ""valid"" reason as to why he shouldn't be seen as "the" measuring
stick for driver success in F1!
:confused:
By spankyham
why do Ferrari fans think everyone else hates them?

More people hate RedBull.

Remove the chip. Its not a good look.

Speaking as one Tifoso I don't think everyone else hates my team. Actually, in my experience, especially from attending races, I'd say the opposite. Most love Ferrari. It's an extremely small number, relatively speaking, that aggressively dislike Ferrari. They generally identify themselves immediately and just repeat their mantra over and over at every opportunity. I'm confident that as soon as anyone reads that previous sentence, a handful of people will immediately spring to mind :yes: The important thing is they are very small in numbers and their bias is obvious.
Especially when you go out for a few sherbets after a race (I go to 3 or 4 races most years) most non aligned people absolutely love Ferrari and want to take pics with us etc.
I've also noticed that late in the session, I get so much better at singing and dancing.

By sagi58
I've also noticed that late in the session, I get so much better at singing and dancing.

:rofl:

Look familiar:
:bellydance::sickman::bellydance-brunette:
By What's Burning?
If you own a gun, chances are you shoot with it, if you own a car chances are you drive with it, if you have a pack of cigarettes chances are you smoke. Ferrari have veto power.

Let's just stop, I mean it's crazy. If you want to bury your head in the sand, I guess it's your right to do so. It does go a long way towards explaining why you and Sagi keep picking a Ferrari 1-2 in the pool though. I guess I'll never get it, I guess that's why I lack the "passion" to be a tifosi. Horses for courses.

Of course you don't get it!! :rolleyes: You seem to think that "winning" is the be all and end all of success!!
Ferrari fans stick with them through thick and thin, just like a family. And, just like in most families
there is dissention, there are arguments, there is anger, etc; but, family is family and blood is thicker

Speaking of "not getting it": What I find fascinating is that, as competitive as you seem to be and as much
as you seem to value winning, when it comes to Schumi and his success at Ferrari, in the form of statistics,
titles, etc., there always seems to be a ""valid"" reason as to why he shouldn't be seen as "the" measuring

You're confused indeed. Me commenting on Shumaker being or not being the yardstick for greatness? Yes confused indeed.
On the topic of "winning" Ferrari are the trubadores of winning is the only thing. It's late on Friday and I'm sure you've been drinking. You're forgiven. :headpat:
By bud

Not often someone can stereotype and insult two groups of people in one sentence. :rolleyes:

Actually as WB pointed out, only one group!
By racechick

How do you arrive at that? That it's all about winning? Winning at all costs is absolutely not what I want which is why I had little respect for how Schumacher went about his business.
For me it's about being the best and not needing favours like vetos to achieve success. Surly having a veto is about winning at all costs?
And I stick by my driver through thick and thin, I'm loyal, it isn't only Tifosi who can show loyalty and be passionate about the support they give. I celebrate the success and agonise over the hard times, the wins and the 17 th places.
By What's Burning?
I thought it was a joke one of our self imposed exiled members were playing. However the one "Ferrari are special and as such, should have veto power" vote seems a very genuine response given the rationale from the Ferrari supporters we've been presented with.
By spankyham
Wow, does it get any more brutal than that from WB and bud. I guess the Tifosi know where they stand with you guys

See our F1 related articles too!