FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What are your views on the Ferrari veto

Ferrari should have it because of their history in motor racing.
No votes
0%
Their passionate fans deserve it
No votes
0%
F1 needs Ferrari and the veto will ensure they stay
8%
Ferrari are special and as such should have the veto
8%
Ferrari need the veto to control the excesses of the FIA
No votes
0%
Ferrari would never actually use the veto
8%
No competitor should veto the rules under which it competes
77%
By spankyham
....People go to jail based on circumstantial evidence all the time.

I've suggested a couple of times that someone put down even one piece of circumstantial evidence, a line from the contract, a paragraph, something that would classify as the equivalent of a fingerprint from the contract. Nada so far :yes:

Sometimes the evidence has to be dug for .....

..... so in the meantime, while we've found nothing, not one shred of direct or circumstantial evidence, lets just go ahead and say or claim anything. Never let the complete lack of facts get in the way of a good story :wink:
By racechick
Spanky why are you pretending there's no veto? There is a veto.
By NHcheese
Let Ferrari become a mid field team!!! :twisted::twisted:
By racechick
Without the veto, the extra 100mil dollars just for being Ferrari and a say in who gets hired at the FIA, they might be.
By 1Lemon
Any team having a veto is a stupid idea. As is having one tax dodging billionaire octogenarian who can't remember what multi million deals he's signing running the world's third largest sporting events.

F1 makes literally zero sense and that's why we love it.

But no Ferrari shouldn't have a veto but I'm surprised this shocked people when it came out, they've had all the pull they want since the early 00's
By bud
Ferrari get more money, more say, truck loads of tobacco sponsorship money when its band, not to mention more political power.
The fact they still fail to win every year is embarrassing!
By LRW
Ferrari get more money, more say, truck loads of tobacco sponsorship money when its band, not to mention more political power.

:rofl:
By What's Burning?

Ferrari hasn't won anything since 2007, that's true, the rest is all hearsay.
By sagi58
I found this anonymous note in my mailbox. I checked for fingerprints; but, wasn't successful!!
Thought I'd share it with you! :angel:

By What's Burning?
That's funny because I found this one in my mailbox! Someone's been having a bit of fun I say.
By sagi58
My account shut down when I tried to download this one:

Can't wait for it to finish, as I have to get to work!
Have a great day, everyone!! :wavey:
By racechick
A little more evidence

Out of the mouth of Monte himself......

In the same interview, Montezemolo confirmed for the very first time long-standing paddock reports that Ferrari has the unique ability to “veto” proposed changes by Ecclestone and the governing FIA.

“We are the only team with the right of veto,” he said. “More political weight than that is impossible! We are aware of our strength in Formula 1, which without us, would be completely different.”

Read more http://grandprix247.com/2013/12/05/ferr ... op-f1-job/
By What's Burning?
Yeah but since we don't know every minutia of what they can actually veto it's a moot point and shouldn't be discussed... let's ignore the core of the issue, Ferrari having veto power over what other teams may want as a collective.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
By racechick
So...even though Ferrari head honcho boasts about how much more power Ferrari wield than all the other teams because of their veto, this is not proof that they have a veto? :confused:

Ok , how's this for some actual wording? This from Bernie when discussing the possibility of Horner for his successor.....

"Firstly CVC would never agree and secondly Ferrari would have a say," added Ecclestone.
Ecclestone revealed that Ferrari needs to give consent to his successor, a detail that is written in the prospectus for the stalled flotation of F1 on the Singapore stock exchange.
The prospectus states: "We must obtain the written consent of Ferrari prior to the appointment of any person as our chief executive officer if, within the past five years, he or she has held a senior executive office or an ownership interest of 5% or more in any Team or automobile manufacturer which either owns more than a 5% interest in a Team or is a supplier of engines to a Team."
Ferrari's president Luca di Montezemolo also sits on F1's nomination committee, whose responsibility is to "review and recommend candidates for appointments to the Board ..." according to the prospectus.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/05/sport ... successor/

See our F1 related articles too!