FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will this pairing be as compelling as Senna vs Prost?

Yes, it already is
13%
No, Senna and Prost were mythical beings in a duel that can never be bettered
6%
It is the biggest actual duel we have had since and could develop that way
75%
I would rather have 1 driver in the best car without competition from his teammate
6%
I am only interested if there is a lead driver from each team with near spec cars all challenging every week for the win (this has never happened before)
No votes
0%
One has to remember that last year Lewis was new to the team, not happy with his seating position, steering wheel or brakes( the latter being the place he gains his edge). And he also had his fair share of mechanical gremlins. The British he'd have won. Italy slow puncture and no radio contact to manage the situation. Japan retired puncture. And didn't they also discover after a couple of poor races a cracked chassis?Not making excuses for Lewis, just a few facts that may have contributed to less than perfect performances. Lewis himself wasn't happy as could be seen by his downcast demeanour after some race and comments like "I drove like an idiot". He's clearly more comfortable in the car now.

Agree with you WB, Nico is his strongest partner since Alonso. I feel for Nico. He finally gets his hands on a championship winning car and who does he find alongside him, Lewis Hamilton. I hope he doesn't let his head go down, I don't think he will. He could still win the championship if Lady Luck rides with him. In the meantime they bring the best out in each other.

See our F1 related articles too!