FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Why are Ferrari unable to dominate

There is nothing wrong at Ferrari, Not making the best car is acceptable, a team doesnt have to be the best to be happy
7%
Its a cyclical thing, its just that the Ferrari winning cycle is a fraction of the losing one
29%
Ferrari should have made the best car considering the regulationary reset twice in the last 5 years - something is definitely wrong
14%
Its a disaster, big changes are required, RBR should not have a better car than Ferrari in 2014
7%
This should not be discussed, its kicking the team, they should never be questioned
29%
I don't know and I don't care, F1 doesn't need any team to be happy
7%
There is simply too much politics at the team to compete with leaner meaner teams
7%
sagi, you really think the big gambling syndicates are gonne pile in on how you voted in a Ferrari poll???? :yikes:

I think you are having one of those debates with yourself again, hint - go back and see who first suggested betting, and work out who that person would be betting against :thumbup:

Nope... I don't have an inflated sense of self, like some people do. :thumbup:

As for who first suggested betting, since you were so keen on getting geet to bet with you and since you made the following comment:
...particularly interesting to note that the option with highest number of votes was "Ferrari should never be questioned, everything is ok, nothings wrong" :yikes:

I figured I'd take a page out of your book and ask you to put your money where your mouth is.
But, I guess a straight "yes" or "no" answer from you is too much to ask for!

No problem... Carry on... :D
I'm sure our resident deity ((a.k.a. DD)) can verify my choice!!

Let's wait for a response and then you can decide if you want to bet, ok?

I dont wanna feel even more guilty by betting with you about an outcome that can be manipulated beyond my control

Put it this way if I offered to bet you $100 that I would give you $200 if I was lying about it, would you take the bet?

I thought we were waiting for you to decide :confused:

I've decided that, IF you even care about being right, I can take a screen shot of my vote and will send it to DD, in a pm.
Then you can guess which option I chose. NO money involved, NO signatures involved. Just a friendly "bet"!

Of course, you'll now come up with a new caveat whereby I've already changed my vote, for whatever reason, so you'll not be responding to this.

Again... no problem...

p.s. DD, I apologize for not having asked you first!! :blush:
Sagi, you are in a debate with yourself again

Who asked which option you voted for????? Not me. Please read through again - you decided that I would be surprised at your choice and have since been trying to prove you didnt pick the choice you think I thought you did.( :rolleyes: did you ever drive someone to excess drink?) I even gave you a gentle hint by suggesting that 'sagis choice' might not be of much interest to a betting man, so i dont see anyone who cares about your choice - thats the whole idea of a poll, it doesnt matter who voted for what only how many voted for what - votes are all (apparently) equal in a single choice vote

So you are so eager to surprise us all with your sudden objectiveness/common sense when it comes to admitting the red team are a pile of sh!t given their history resources and years of underachievement and gross incompetence

Maybe it would be better if you did that with the substance of your posts from now, e.g. someone says 'Ferrari are crap given their history' - you say 'yes its true, but they are good at passion' instead of saying 'please support them, dont kick them when they are down, there is nothing wrong with my team' etc etc, and maybe try avoid the inevitable mea culpa ending by realising that sports and F1 in particular is about having a lot of stuff and details to consider and thats why many like it, the fun is in dissecting not in blind worship for some - they are not there to kick your team, they are there to kick every nut and bolt in every team :thumbup:
I figured I'd take a page out of your book and ask you to put your money where your mouth is.
But, I guess a straight "yes" or "no" answer ...

"Yes or No" versus the usual "War and Peace"?
You'd have a better chance of finding rocking-horse p00 :hehe:
But, I guess a straight "yes" or "no" answer ...

"Yes or No" versus the usual "War and Peace"?
You'd have a better chance of finding rocking-horse p00:hehe:

Theres definitely a lot of that at the Maranello Stables this year :hehe:

you might even want to start off looking in your private Ferrari stable/lounge :whip:

or just track the 'safe to burn' fossil fuels used by rocking horse INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES :yikes:
You'd have a better chance of finding rocking-horse p00:hehe:

Theres definitely a lot of that at the Maranello Stables this year :hehe:

So you've opened your mouth there as well :rofl:
Wasnt it you that went there on a test drive :scratchchin:

Dont lie cos mrs spanky is around :hehe:

Indeed, but I don't remember the road-kill or its associated p00 I left in my wake, Hope you accept by belated apology :hehe:
...Who asked which option you voted for????? Not me. Please read through again - you decided that I would be surprised at your choice and have since been trying to prove you didnt pick the choice you think I thought you did...
True, you didn't ask directly; but, then again, so many of your comments are indirect and so bendy/twisty that you confuse poor, little, old me!! :twisted:

Your comment:
...particularly interesting to note that the option with highest number of votes was "Ferrari should never be questioned, everything is ok, nothings wrong" :yikes:
seemed to be directed at the Tifosi, to which I replied that you'd probably be surprised at which option I chose.
Your response to that, namely:
Yes, I am sure you voted randomly sagi :thumbup:
seemed to insinuate that you knew how I voted. See how easy it is to confuse poor, little, old me?? :twisted:

And, that would be why I thought a bet was in order. But, not to worry, I understand, you'd just feel guilty taking advantage of poor, little, old me!! :thumbup:
seemed to be directed at the Tifosi, to which I replied that you'd probably be surprised at which option I chose.
Your response to that, namely:
seemed to insinuate that you knew how I voted. See how easy it is to confuse poor, little, old me??

Nope, I asked you if you voted randomly because you made this sweeping statement
Considering how unscientific our polls actually are, I'm surprised that anyone would take this particular poll seriously.Image

So you claim the poll is unscientific - i.e. not reliable - implying even your own participation was meaningless -

Then you proceed to insisting its important and significant that the whole world bet which option you picked :yikes: therefore occupying both sides of the imaginary debate
[youtube]98Y2Vh5Qk1Q[/youtube]
...So you claim the poll is unscientific - i.e. not reliable - implying even your own participation was meaningless...

Of course, you're sure that my "blind worshipping" nature dictates that I participate and based on that assumption,

Hence, my suggestion to bet!

By the way, that was NOT posed as a question, rather, it was a statement! :wink:
...So you claim the poll is unscientific - i.e. not reliable - implying even your own participation was meaningless...

Of course, you're sure that my "blind worshipping" nature dictates that I participate and based on that assumption,

:sigh: sagi why couldnt you leave it at the usual mea culpa stage instead of having to cross the line into disingenuity - there seems to be a virus in the Ferrari thread that makes a poster think that outright lying and twisting the truth and then running away is a lalaland version of witty banter. I have assumed you have more pride and integrity than that.

So, you now say the suggestion you voted randomly has some relevance to 'blind worshipping'

You said the poll was meaningless
that would have to include your vote
as you voted you would know if your vote was meaningless (unless ofcourse if you lie to yourself :yikes: )
therefore random
therefore the ironic suggestion(obviously over your head) that you voted randomly
then you decided your vote had meaning (otherwise you wouldnt need anyone to know what it was)
and by begging DD to get involved you confirmed that the poll had meaning for the public afterall
which would make it successful as an indicator
then you are now appearing to want to argue the other side again - that no one can possibly guess your vote
because the poll is unreliable

So you have contradicted your own argument, then abandoned one side and then contradicted yourself again and now are changing sides back, or maybe take it the opposite way round the circle by telling us you didnt actually vote but thought you did

I am happy to translate for you however I'd politely suggest that next time the mea culpa would be fine :thumbup:
...I am happy to translate for you...

:rofl: No, please, don't bother! :rofl:

But, since you're usually in a philosophical state of mind:
If a post is made on a forum and no one reads it, does it still have meaningl?Image
So we have had a couple of big names get smeared off the sidewalk at Maranello. :hehe:

Any other big names left? Except the drivers of course. I'm not so familiar with the inner workings at that place, are there any good engineers/tech who are famous in the paddock? I don't believe Rory Bryne is 100% engaged in the chassis, he's only an advisor as far as I understand.

See our F1 related articles too!