FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Why are Ferrari unable to dominate

There is nothing wrong at Ferrari, Not making the best car is acceptable, a team doesnt have to be the best to be happy
7%
Its a cyclical thing, its just that the Ferrari winning cycle is a fraction of the losing one
29%
Ferrari should have made the best car considering the regulationary reset twice in the last 5 years - something is definitely wrong
14%
Its a disaster, big changes are required, RBR should not have a better car than Ferrari in 2014
7%
This should not be discussed, its kicking the team, they should never be questioned
29%
I don't know and I don't care, F1 doesn't need any team to be happy
7%
There is simply too much politics at the team to compete with leaner meaner teams
7%
Well, well, well, what a tumultuous two weeks for Ferrari since Cookie started this thread! We were debating the issues of 'what is wrong at Ferrari' , and since then the TP has resigned, and the general F1 community have woken up with a 'oh my god, there's something wrong at Ferrari!!' Should have come to forumula1! We reported it first, as we did the ' there's something wrong at McLaren' years before it was generally recognised.
But Ferrari have not wasted time, in with a new TP, the m&m man. ( I'm not name calling or being negative, just can't remember his name.....it's two M's, and m&m's are nice. ) Maybe we should call him the miracle magician. Because since his appointment Ferrari have topped the time sheets, the only car other than a Merc to do so, so far this season! :wink: but seriously, it would be great to see Alonso getting that Ferrari up into the mix in quali and the race.......though as was mentioned elsewhere, the Mercs may have something in hand. Still it's a positive for Ferrari, a movement in the right direction.
By bud
di Montezemolo looks like he's the one sniffing petrol!!
:whip:

with what he says all the time, i would have thought he would be on something a bit harder than petrol sniffing.
...Maybe we should call him the miracle magician. Because since his appointment Ferrari have topped the time sheets, the only car other than a Merc to do so, so far this season! :wink: but seriously, it would be great to see Alonso getting that Ferrari up into the mix in quali and the race.......though as was mentioned elsewhere, the Mercs may have something in hand. Still it's a positive for Ferrari, a movement in the right direction.

Yeah, it would great to call Marco Mattiaci a magician; but, we all know that he can't
be given credit for any improvement in the car. Here's hoping we've turned a corner
and are now on a straight... towards the podium and the top step, no less!! :thumbup:
di Montezemolo looks like he's the one sniffing petrol!!
:whip:

with what he says all the time, i would have thought he would be on something a bit harder than petrol sniffing.

Some people's faces are more expressive than others; but, that doesn't mean he's the only disgruntled human being at the racesll.
I've often thought a number of others, especially on the pit wall were either duckling lemons or just perennially constipated! :wink:
After a period of apparent consolidation for Ferrari, this is the time to revive this thread in light of Allinsons latest appraisal.

Ferrari Technical Director James Allison believes Scuderia's short term view in the past is to blame for their lack of strong results this season.

The Maranello side looks destined to finish 2014 without a victory - for the first time since 1993 - having scored only two podiums so far this season.

Allison admits that Ferrari have all the ingredients to be a successful Formula One but that organizational problems behind the scenes have prevented them from fulfilling their potential in recent times.

"I don't think Ferrari's ever lacked for resource, it's never lacked for quality of people, quality of drivers, so we have many of the key parts of being a successful team," Allison told crash.net.

Interestingly enough everything he talks about we already raised in this thread (before it was locked for predicting Allinson future words :rolleyes: ) hereby stifling the debate flowing in the thread even though it was then unlocked by the key of reason.

As we wait for Ferrari to play act to the Tifosi at Monza this weekend its a good read going back over this thread and looking at where they are now
What is the difference between RBR and Ferrari? There must be something wrong if Merc and RBR, 2 different firms can both come out ahead of Ferrari in 2014. Its not staff, or drivers, or technology as RBR have much less resources in that direction.

If Aldo Costa is better than all the engineers they have at Maranello then the problem MUST lie with why and who sacked him

Maybe what Ferrari need is to find a Ron who can come in and ruthlessly cull the useless

This is exactly what Ferrari need, someone who can take control and lead from trackside and stand up to the 'romantic' wishes of the board. How can Domenically still be at Ferrari when they could have snapped up Boiler?

Bit of a shame that Ferrari supporters have no opinions on this when they have so many on everything else

particularly interesting to note that the option with highest number of votes was "Ferrari should never be questioned, everything is ok, nothings wrong" :yikes:
Considering how unscientific our polls actually are, I'm surprised that anyone would take this particular poll seriously.Image
I already have a bet with another member and have been feeling all day like I am about to steal a babys bottle and use it to drink whisky discretely :twisted:

I dont wanna feel even more guilty by betting with you about an outcome that can be manipulated beyond my control

Put it this way if I offered to bet you $100 that I would give you $200 if I was lying about it, would you take the bet?
I'm sure our resident deity ((a.k.a. DD)) can verify my choice!!

Let's wait for a response and then you can decide if you want to bet, ok?
I'm sure our resident deity ((a.k.a. DD)) can verify my choice!!

Let's wait for a response and then you can decide if you want to bet, ok?

I dont wanna feel even more guilty by betting with you about an outcome that can be manipulated beyond my control

Put it this way if I offered to bet you $100 that I would give you $200 if I was lying about it, would you take the bet?

I thought we were waiting for you to decide :confused:
I don't know what your betting practices are; but, when I place a bet, I do so with integrity.
Again, I'm sure that if anyone can, DD can determine what my choice is, that way you don't
have to feel like you're being duped.
sagi, you really think the big gambling syndicates are gonne pile in on how you voted in a Ferrari poll???? :yikes:

I think you are having one of those debates with yourself again, hint - go back and see who first suggested betting, and work out who that person would be betting against :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!