FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Why are Ferrari unable to dominate

There is nothing wrong at Ferrari, Not making the best car is acceptable, a team doesnt have to be the best to be happy
7%
Its a cyclical thing, its just that the Ferrari winning cycle is a fraction of the losing one
29%
Ferrari should have made the best car considering the regulationary reset twice in the last 5 years - something is definitely wrong
14%
Its a disaster, big changes are required, RBR should not have a better car than Ferrari in 2014
7%
This should not be discussed, its kicking the team, they should never be questioned
29%
I don't know and I don't care, F1 doesn't need any team to be happy
7%
There is simply too much politics at the team to compete with leaner meaner teams
7%
It's it just me, or do others agree that for some reason Ferrari had wielded the axe a little too low over the past few years at targets like Chris Dyer while ignoring the more obvious weaknesses like Felipe and Stefano?
No disrespect to both those gents, I feel they did their best, but honestly, Felipe is not at the top level as a driver and you couldn't compare SD to say Ross.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
I posted sometime ago that I felt that SD, Adam Parr, and Whitmarsh I did not feel seemed to be strong enough leaders to run a team. They just seemed to mildly mannered. IMHO (yes I know their is more than one way to skin a cat) They just did not seem to have a hardened edge.
By bud
I don't think dumping their TP is going to magically gain them some extra KW to the Mercs. Their problem is much more fundamentally deeper than how the team is being run.
ESPNF1 Stefano Domenicali has resigned as Ferrari team principal with immediate effect, according to unconfirmed reports in Italy.

I wanted a place to discuss the rumored (but we all know those F1 rumors don't we?) Ferrari events of today. This thread has a lot of content already on it, so no need to repeat what's already been said.

It's my opinion at this point that the first place to begin to fix a problem is to admit that a problem exist. Ferrari are not in denial at this point. Step one, taken.

I sincerely hope it's true!!

And, I agree with you, insisting that we all need to stay "calm" was getting VERY old!
Domenicali might be a great accountant (I think that's what he used to do??); but, as
a Team Principal, he doesn't seem to have the leadership skills Ferrari (or any other
team) needs to keep the team/drivers focussed and motivated!!
ESPNF1 Stefano Domenicali has resigned as Ferrari team principal with immediate effect, according to unconfirmed reports in Italy.

I wanted a place to discuss the rumored (but we all know those F1 rumors don't we?) Ferrari events of today. This thread has a lot of content already on it, so no need to repeat what's already been said.

It's my opinion at this point that the first place to begin to fix a problem is to admit that a problem exist. Ferrari are not in denial at this point. Step one, taken.

I sincerely hope it's true!!

And, I agree with you, insisting that we all need to stay "calm" was getting VERY old!
Domenicali might be a great accountant (I think that's what he used to do??); but, as
a Team Principal, he doesn't seem to have the leadership skills Ferrari (or any other
team) needs to keep the team/drivers focussed and motivated!!

Confirmed as true my friend. Yeah I am not fussed if Stefano was getting the shoe. I mean, I didn't think of him as a great Team Principle. Maybe a return for Rossy ;) Naa doubt Ross will be in a rush to return to Ferrari
I don't think dumping their TP is going to magically gain them some extra KW to the Mercs. Their problem is much more fundamentally deeper than how the team is being run.

You're right, bud, it won't be a magical cure! But, they need to start somewhere and,
personally, I'm relieved they are willing to make "any" change necessary!!
They started with not re-signing Massa, getting Kimi back and now Domenicali is gone.

Is it just me, or did they right the wrongs of the past few years? :whip:
... Naa doubt Ross will be in a rush to return to Ferrari

Stranger things have happened, eh?
Kimi came back!! :thumbup:
... Naa doubt Ross will be in a rush to return to Ferrari

Stranger things have happened, eh?
Kimi came back!! :thumbup:

True :D It depends if Ross wants to return from his hiatus

Or if Ferrari "today" isn't enough of a challenge for him to resist? :twisted:
A couple of interesting articles one from Autosport and the other from GrandPrix247. Autosport takes the view that Marco Mattiacci is a long term leader, whilst GP247 is firmly of the view that he is simply in a holding pattern until Ross Brawn arrives.

>>Autosport article here<< and >>GrandPrix247 article here<<.
Cuple of bits from Maurice Hamilton regarding the Ferrari situation. They're not for the feint of heart.
ESPNF1 "Anyone know where Ross Brawn is?" You imagine that was a regular conversation in the Maranello workshops when news of Stefano Domenicali offering himself (it says here) as sacrificial lamb became public. The next question (muttered beyond management earshot) should have been:"Anyway, what bloody good is blaming Stefano going to do?"

Ferrari are in the clag, and no mistake. The trouble is, the top man doesn't like walking in it with his posh loafers. Luca di Montezemolo would prefer to pout and pose when a camera comes within range. For the Ferrari chairman, it's all about having the public share his moment of personal anguish when the red cars are being comprehensively stuffed. For Luca, it's about flicking back the hair in the manner of a miffed Marilyn Monroe rather than jutting his chin like Paul Newman when surrounded by baddies. Having Domenicali take the wrap for the current mess is not worthy of a B-movie.

Even rougher...
ESPNF1 Di Montezemolo really ought to take a look in the mirror (I mean that, of course, in the metaphorical sense rather than the practical, with which he is well acquainted). Was it the Ferrari boss who pushed for the 2014 regulations to be changed from the proposed four-cylinder engine to the current V6? I do believe it was. And is it Montezemolo who, having signed up for the new package, is currently rubbishing F1 because his team can't hack it? I do believe it is.

It underscores what's been the underlying issue for a few years now, they're looking for problems in all the wrong places. It's not Massa, it's not SD, it's not changing the tires mid season, it's Ferrari being on the back foot and not putting the best car on the grid. In this I agree with Alonso.

IMO what we've seen with the perennial heavyweights has been the backdrop setting for the Red Bull run of success. McLaren snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and Ferrari not putting the rug under their driver's feet.

See our F1 related articles too!