FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Whats the story behind Buttons moaning?

Sandbagging
No votes
0%
Unique honesty (apart from Kobi, the only driver to acknoledge where his teams stands in the pecking order and to be negative about their progress)
13%
Typical moaning we have come to expect
25%
Preparing the excuses for his approaching inability to get the best from the car
63%
By racechick
Button has a silky tongue and uses it to good effect ( not that I've personally been the recipient of it :P )
He can talk a good talk. He's Mr. Nice guy, everyone's friend. But one senses always an insincerity, a calculation behind his words rather than spontaneity. He gets his excuses in beforehand...it's not my fault. He smooches, he gets himself in a good position and it all appears so natural.
So what? If he talks the talk rather than walks the walk, if that's a skill set of his then why shouldn't he use it. That's a very good point. He's not the only ruthless driver out there. I suspect Alonso would be equally capable of making the silky tongue work for him........my cars not fast enough.......but Alonso does walk the walk as well.

The clincher for me regarding button is that he not only uses the silky tongue to his advantage but also to disadvantage a team mate. So for me that sealed Buttons fate.
Button comes in for some stick, perhaps some if it unfairly. He isn't the worst driver out there but he talks himself way above his station. It galls.
Well, that's where I'm coming from. :shrug:
By 1Lemon
These poll questions are more one-sided than a government survey.
By Hammer278
Cheers for the contribution Lemonade.....fantastic as usual. :)
By 1Lemon
As opposed to this entire poll which is an obvious pre-text to continue the button moaning as that's no longer allowed in the Button thread. It's all PR crap to get you talking about him, is it working? I'd say so.
By Hammer278
It's called free speech, to see if people really think McLaren are on the back foot according to their "lead driver" or is it just more moaning from their "lead driver". Totally legit.

Alternatively, if the poll disturbs you, you could choose not to "contribute" in this thread or click on it...no one's got a gun to your head.

Or...you could read through and just

By CookinFlat6
One question lemon, have you actually voted? Have you contributed to this scientific sentiment indicator thats been thoughtfully provided following Buttons latest departure from what other drivers project during testing - which as we know is only testing

What would that say about you, if, instead of vote in favour of Button, you have instead only moaned about the right of other members to express or solicit opinions from others :thumbdown:
By CookinFlat6
Button has a silky tongue and uses it to good effect ( not that I've personally been the recipient of it :P )

He would quit, moaning about things stuck in his teeth before he got very far :hehe:
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 04 Mar 14, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
By 1Lemon
I have not voted, partly because all of the answers are anti-button agenda spin; but mostly because I don't think it's any of those reasons.

I'm not claiming anyone shouldn't have freedom of speech.

Button is a complainer, always has been, always will be; he likes a car set up exactly how he likes it, and it seems the only way he know of getting that is by complaining (He does far more than Di Resta ever did, so why they got rid of him grrr).

Button complains a lot, but there is constant repetition of how he complains on the Button thread and now this one about how he complains, so why does it have to be brought up all the time, can't you just
By Hammer278
I have not voted, partly because all of the answers are anti-button agenda spin; but mostly because I don't think it's any of those reasons.

I'm not claiming anyone shouldn't have freedom of speech.

Button is a complainer, always has been, always will be; he likes a car set up exactly how he likes it, and it seems the only way he know of getting that is by complaining (He does far more than Di Resta ever did, so why they got rid of him grrr).

Button complains a lot, but there is constant repetition of how he complains on the Button thread and now this one about how he complains, so why does it have to be brought up all the time, can't you just

Lemonade, the difference is we're debating about Button's constant whinging and started a poll (it's 2 sided, did you read ALL the options before moaning?) while you're moaning about the debate. I don't get it, none of us here are complaining about Button in anyway are we? On the other hand, you're complaining about this poll, about our discussion, (And also about why didn't Di Resta get retained now)....the moaning has to stop. :hehe:
By CookinFlat6
Could it be Buttons feedback at fault? Williams have gone from a worse car last year to a car that seems up there. McLaren with the same engine started off brightly and have slipped back against Williams. The only reason I can think of for the delayed updates etc is that the feedback and input from the lead driver has again gone towards a very limited window of comfort.

It would make sense that Mags feedback has been less than the lead drivers

Its not as if this pattern would be a surprise for anyone who saw the BAR, Honda, and second half of 2009. And ofcourse lets not forget the middle of 2012 and the resultant direction of the car in 2013.

What else would stop McLaren out developing Williams and Force India over winter testing?
By LRW
What else would stop McLaren out developing Williams and Force India over winter testing?

They employ a lower class of engineers?
By CookinFlat6
Surely not. I know Mac have lost a few top guys, but they are still twice as strong resource wise and technically than Williams.

Williams have Symonds who is without doubt better than they had, but has he been around long enough to make the difference?
By LRW
Well I dont know. Who knows how competent they all actually are (not just on an individual level, but working as a team on a single design)? We dont actually get to see what they deliver.

You never know - Buttons feedback could be 1st rate - its just the engineers cant deliver to thar feedback?

Its a thought.
By CookinFlat6
I am just saying its odd that a team can stagnate during winter testing like that, most teams go forward. When you also realise that its happened before at the team - Going from the fast 27 to the crap 28, and then looking at how BAR and Honda and Brawn all went backwards

The only common denominator?

See our F1 related articles too!