FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Whats the story behind Buttons moaning?

Sandbagging
No votes
0%
Unique honesty (apart from Kobi, the only driver to acknoledge where his teams stands in the pecking order and to be negative about their progress)
13%
Typical moaning we have come to expect
25%
Preparing the excuses for his approaching inability to get the best from the car
63%
By CookinFlat6
McLaren are widely thought to be behind Merc, their programme has gone well, lots of miles, little unreliability and the fastest one lap time behind Merc. So its a bit of a surprise when Button declares they are behind and uncompetitive compared with maybe several teams

Button said McLaren was still running its car in "launch specification" and would need to find more speed during the final two days of testing in order to challenge at the front in Melbourne.

"We've got a lot of work to do still," said Button. "I think the basic car is good but we're still waiting for our upgrades.

"The first race package will hopefully move us a bit closer to some of the other cars because we are behind quite a few teams at the moment, probably more than we expected, but I'm not worried.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112714
Some thing similar happened last year, one minute the car is great, next minute it has problems and is lacking something etc etc, Mag has not moaned about anything, so whats the real story here?
By What's Burning?
Whitmarsh is gone and I suspect after this year, Button will be as well.
By racechick
Button must feel lost without Whitmarsh's protection. A lot will depend on how he goes against mag this year. If he can't beat him fairly conclusively I can't see him staying, especially on his huge salary. And I'm not sure his ' call him off guys' will go down too well with the new TP.
The car is looking good this year, I don't think excuses will now be tolerated.
By CookinFlat6
I thibnk he is running scared of Mags speed already and we know what happens when Button cant match someone in speed, he starts moaning and sends the team on a wild goose chase.
Why cant Eric Boiler swap him for RoGro right now. Button would have lots to moan about and lots of excuses at Lotus.

And it would be real comedy to hear him squealing when Maldonado starts on him
By Hammer278
Situation at McLaren has turned from my avatar to;

:duckie:...........................Image

Hopefully this is the beginning of the comeback of McLaren.
By CookinFlat6
At least with Mags, they have a way of gauging Buttons lame feedback. and theres noone around to say 'but lets listen to :duckie:
By racechick
It's starting. Autosport tweeted this........

08:09 McLaren started the winter strongly but of late other teams seem to be overhauling it. That's certainly Button's suspicion, as BEN ANDERSON found out last night:

Cause for concern at McLaren

.........I can't read the whole article because it's subs only, but I can guess the gist of it.
By CookinFlat6
Its strange how, recently everything at McLaren seemed to be gelling, and now it feels like last years testing again. How come Mags is not complaining? The Mclaren has good reliability, good race pace and good 1 lap pace, maybe behind Williams and Merc but surely no need to panic
I think its that so far Mags times have been faster than Buttons and he is inventing issues to provide excuses as usual

This team has to clear out the staff and drivers from the disaster era before it can move on.

Mag or Lewis would be hungry to drive the car and try make up the difference but :duckie: just gives up and waits till the car is perfect for driving miss daisy
:banghead::banghead:
By Hammer278
I'm pretty confident Ron will smell a duck if he hasn't by now, at least by midway through the season when Kevin is beating up the most experienced driver on the grid with far less excuses to boot. McLaren's challenge starts in 2015 with Honda, so they still have a couple more months or so to completely waste with :duckie:
By Nin-Chin
Button says McLaren need to find more speed. I don't get how this is moaning. Kimi says Lotus need to improve, Vettel says it and Webber did too and yet when Button says it it's moaning...yes sure Button can be moaning at times but lay off him, he's just answering a question. What do you want him to say, McLaren suck and we can't improve? Yes McLaren messed up in the last 2 years but they are still a world class team and you can't write them off...it's been a year since all then sabotage allegations and you guys are still at it :rolleyes: and to think of it you guys used to be McLaren fans :thumbdown:

Button is obviously trying to drive at his best all the time, why would be cruising in a race...I just don't get it.
By Hammer278
What sabotage allegations? :confused:

I thought we're all on the same page now...I mean how much evidence do you actually need before understanding a mediocre driver's modus operandi is making his mouth work harder than his skill in order to keep his job? The guy has been on the grid since the stone age and after hearing his songs all this freakin time some people still think he's the real deal lol.
By CookinFlat6
The bottom line is that 83% of people think Button is moaning according to a poll on a top F1 site

So I dont understand why mr Chin is moaning that Button doesnt moan that much
By Nin-Chin
I did say Button is moaning most of the time but then again is that a bad thing, bearing in mind this is a interview and he says what he thinks for a reason. JB is still a Brit for me and I'll still support him even if I'm a diehard LH fan. Besides Mags said they need more rear downforce so they are behind but not by much.
By Hammer278
JB is still a Brit for me and I'll still support him even if I'm a diehard LH fan. Besides Mags said they need more rear downforce so they are behind but not by much.

Impressive....when Alex Yoong was driving it was the most painful time for me watching F1 and praying every race weekend that his a$$ gets booted out asap. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!