FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will win the F1 Constructors Championship?

Red Bull
12%
Mercedes
47%
Ferrari
35%
Mclaren
6%
...any other. Probably not.
No votes
0%
Well, it's looking very much like Mercedes are in a good position at the moment. I'm going with them.

I hope it's not a complete domination, but a WCC & WDC for Brackley would be good for the sport.

Nonetheless, I'll still be rooting for dear old McLaren! :P:wink:
If Mercedes run off with the title, as we're expecting, the reaction will be interesting depending on which type of domination people see this as.

Having seen them before, most notably Vettel, Schumacher and the late '80s McLaren of the (relatively) modern era, in their own way were made of different values. The fortunate one, the orchestrated one, and the holistic one. I'm hoping this is more like McLaren, two evenly matched drivers in superior machinery; but inevitably will be seen as cloning the RBR/Vettel success because of its proximity. I can see a lot of hate and a lot of hypocrisy feeding reactions in the near future.
There's no "It's too early to tell" option.

What I am sure of, is that whoever wins this year is well placed to have a 4 to 5 year string of titles. The fixed rules and restrictions will ensure that. The engines will soon all be the same. The differentiator will be the things that can be changed and that is the aeros. The aeros are smaller so, for the next 4-5 years there will be less opportunity to make up ground, so we will probably have 1 dominant team for 4 or so years and 1 or 2 other teams that from time to time might compete.
I'm not so sure about that. I do see whomever get a good run this year following that up in 2015 as well, but because of the lack of changes I do see quite a bit of compacting in the year or two after that.
I'm not so sure about that. I do see whomever get a good run this year following that up in 2015 as well, but because of the lack of changes I do see quite a bit of compacting in the year or two after that.

The engine differences will compact mostly by Europe I believe. Engine map must be chosen for the whole year at the Australian GP (unlike previously these also cannot change now). With only the monkey seat to blow with the exhaust, it only leaves small aeros, driver and reliability to provide the differences.
I dont have a one and only favourite drink. Thats childish. I can appreciate different things about many different drinks and my favourite drink at any moment would be that which were available and the best choice at the time :whistling:
Basically, you're easy!! :nono:

((You set that one up beautifully!! :rofl: ))

The engine differences will compact mostly by Europe I believe. Engine map must be chosen for the whole year at the Australian GP (unlike previously these also cannot change now). With only the monkey seat to blow with the exhaust, it only leaves small aeros, driver and reliability to provide the differences.

Even if the regulations don't change "much", why does that mean that teams can't continue to develop what they have??

p.s. "compacting"? Qu'est-ce que c'est? :confused:

Even if the regulations don't change "much", why does that mean that teams can't continue to develop what they have??

p.s. "compacting"? Qu'est-ce que c'est? :confused:

The "compacting" refers to the powertains and their homologation. It means all the engines, no matter how different or better one is than the other on Feb 28, will be made the same by the FiA allowing the ones behind to change and catch up while not allowing the ones ahead to change.

Team can continue to develop, but there is so little they can develop and the little they can develop is so heavily regulated (because of the push from most for more rules, limits and caps) that it will be almost impossible to make a quantum leap ahead and thereby leapfrog other teams.
The "compacting" refers to the powertains and their homologation. It means all the engines, no matter how different or better one is than the other on Feb 28, will be made the same by the FiA allowing the ones behind to change and catch up while not allowing the ones ahead to change...

Right... then, it's no wonder the Renault-powered engine teams are not panicking!!

So... remind me... what's the point of having different engine manufacturers?
Who'd have thunk it...the team which has won 4 consecutive WCCs in a row ends up with 0 votes. :scratchchin:
So... remind me... what's the point of having different engine manufacturers?

Competition and diversity.

Where?
From a "competition" perspective they will all have the same power, that's why they are using homologation.
From a "diversity" perspective I guess we can compare the different logos :hehe:
Whoever wins it I just hope it's a close fought battle.

And that Williams win it.
Whoever wins it I just hope it's a close fought battle.

And that Williams win it.

See our F1 related articles too!