FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will win the F1 Constructors Championship?

Red Bull
12%
Mercedes
47%
Ferrari
35%
Mclaren
6%
...any other. Probably not.
No votes
0%
I don't like it... too much confidence.

Anywhere else I would agree with you, but in F1 no, we have seen domination from teams before and we have seen Merc set about it in the most precise and determined fashion. Luck has only a small part now
They spent the money like Ferrari and RBR did before.
If anything they are even better prepared and staffed than the Ferrari MS dominant period.

Sometimes when it rains people do get wet. This is a well planned no money spared assault turning Merc into a silver arrow inspired marketing dream for their sportscars etc

Ofcourse things can go wrong here and there, but for the next 5 to 10 years? No chance they've done it in other motor sports. And Porsche Audi and BMW are not around so no risk of being beaten, apologies to Ferrari
I will laugh if Merc doesn't win the championship after all this hype and confidence.
I will laugh if Merc doesn't win the championship after all this hype and confidence.

Of course you would, this forum is your real entertainment not F1.

@Cookin, agreed but I think the closest threat from 2015 will be the McLaren Honda partnership. Maybe we're looking at the start of a Merc Vs McLaren era. Assuming Kevin is all that he's propped up to be and they bring in a real driver to take over the other seat.

@Cookin, agreed but I think the closest threat from 2015 will be the McLaren Honda partnership. Maybe we're looking at the start of a Merc Vs McLaren era. Assuming Kevin is all that he's propped up to be and they bring in a real driver to take over the other seat.

I would say that statement applies more to those posters who dive into the threads of competing drivers and teams for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, as well as attacking other posters. Wouldn't you?

I would say that statement applies more to those posters who dive into the threads of competing drivers and teams for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, as well as attacking other posters. Wouldn't you?

Totally agree, but who are we referring to here? Give me the names in your mind..and direct me to 1 or 2 of these posts you speak of?

It's easy to get confused, since some of us (me included) go into threads of rival teams and drivers since they compete in F1 and what you see as 'stirring up trouble' might be these "trouble makers" simply putting in their thoughts to the ongoing debates. This is a forum and not a fan club website, so there's no rule that you're not allowed to go into competing drivers/teams threads to participate in them.
I think there are way too many wannabe mods around.Its like a childrens playground sometimes, those who are very happy to 'play' around and banter when it suits them are always the ones to start calling for the teacher when they get out of their depth.

Why not leave the moderation to the moderators? report rule breaking and concentrate on discussing F1 and not harboring and exercising little grudges from meaningless long forgotten encounters.

Just like in any playground there will always be the types who are too loud or boisterous for some, normally the 2 types have little in common and rarely interact anyway. Why is it that on here we have those who enjoy a bit of banter but when they get roughed up a little go to the teacher and say

'miss, miss, little Billy is out of order, he is being very sarcastic and dry again, and I am sure I saw him swigging a few cans of extra strong lager behind the bikesheds this morning'

:rolleyes:
Sagi, you're acting like the bully since the victims aren't the ones who follow the bully around trying to make waves. Ever thought about that.
Sagi, you're acting like the bully since the victims aren't the ones who follow the bully around trying to make waves. Ever thought about that.

:rofl: So... going to different threads to share your opinion is ok;
but, when I do it, I'm the bully? :rofl:
Thanks... that was my first "belly laugh" today!!
You really are funny!! :thumbup:
Last edited by sagi58 on 23 Feb 14, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
I thin he means that sometimes you jump in to take an opposing side just because of who or what the member says about your team. And sometimes you do not actually understand what or why you are putting up the mandatory resistance.

Its like following the kid around that you believe wronged you in the past and attacking everything he says without even understanding or meaning to

Its like being back at school sometimes explaiing everything to people whos feelings get hurt over some robust adult banter

But you tend to be good fun Sagi because overall you give as good as you get and within the rules, :thumbup: unlike some
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 23 Feb 14, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

See our F1 related articles too!