FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

How many finishes will Redbull register in 3 races?

7%
13%
20%
13%
7%
7%
NONE..hahahahahahahhaha
13%
H278, get a freakin LIFE.
20%
....In the first 3 races? Count 1 as 1 car finishing....so voting 6 will be saying both cars finishing all three races. Poll runs till Melbourne GP commences aka 21 days.

Rumours that Newey Dewey might be working on a B-spec machine to debut on the 6th or 7th race. Just rumours, but no smoke without fire and he's no stranger to that eh COUGHMP4/18COUGH. Their longest stint so far in testing has been........12 laps. :yikes:

You have 2 options...in case you also want to vent. :thumbup:
I voted 0, simply because it would make sense to retire their cars at those first races rather than blow the engines just to finish out of the points, so I don't think either car will complete each if the first 3 races. It will be more like testing with his flow all over the place and Rocky screaming at Seb to keep his finger away from the steering wheel searching for the ERS button ( which isn't there)
Maybe his finger will just be lost because it cannot do its number one air jab. I think they Daniel might finish one race.i vote one, I think they'll use that race as a test run.
You're crazy if you think that Red Bull doesn't already have a safe but slow package on the drawing board ready for Melbourne just in case they can't get there with the current "are beaten" design.
Since the poll's question is about how many times in the first three races Redbull will finish, I voted 4 and 5.
Even if they don't win and even if they are not competitive, considering the lack of testing, I really can't see
them "choosing" to retire instead of finishing the races and gathering data/testing parts.
A smart TP who had hopes for later in the season, should retire his car a few laps from the end of the first 3 races so save parts for later when he expects to be competitive. There's no point finishing out of the points when you can get free parts
What's the trade off between? A few extra laps at the back or an extra power unit later in the season? How many times do we see teams retiring out if points drivers to gain a gearbox etc
I think we will see strategic retirements from RBR if out of the points and a few laps from the end
And you dont think that after 50 laps testing the new part, the smartest tradeoff would not be to stop 2 laps early and so get a free engine change?

I'm not a TP, I was just speculating... as are you!!
Hey!! Are you a TP in cognito??Image
Just informational Sagi, after five failed components you start. Racking five grid penalties so to risk burning up a part just to finish out of the points given the reliability issues we've seen with Renault powered units I think the answer may be clear even to us non team principals.
If they're still having engine issues when the races start I imagine there will be some deliberate retirements. If they're on limited engines and they keep blowing up , it would be foolish to not retire them before they blow if they're out of the points. Teams already do this in some circumstances. And they'll have the excuse, my engine got too hot so I retired it on safety grounds.
Just informational Sagi, after five failed components you start. Racking five grid penalties so to risk burning up a part just to finish out of the points given the reliability issues we've seen with Renault powered units I think the answer may be clear even to us non team principals.

It's been a long day and I'm battling a migraine, so I'm not sure I understand what that means.
Please humour me: Does a team rack up grid penalties after they've had five failures? :confused:

Edit: Don't worry, found the article detailing what a failure is: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules ... 9/fia.html

See our F1 related articles too!