FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will RBR end the season top of the Renault teams?

Yes, of course, Newey is a magician
36%
It could happen, but is far from a certainty
36%
Nope, tight packaging leading to ERS failures are his Achilles heel, and this year demands a different set of priorities
29%
Bud it's fair enough you think Redbull are going to dominate again or whatever, but there are good reasons to think otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't say RB are out of winning races this year but I think if they can come back and with the championships again it would be a minor miracle. In the end we're all speculators, if it's stupid to speculate might as well shut the forum down and tune into the last race to catch the final showdown and save a heap of time.

There is nothing wrong with speculating, since we do it on a daily basis, pretty well in all areas of our lives, to some extent.
What I have a problem with is kicking someone when they're "down", regardless of how long that may be.
There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!
In fact, it smacks of irrational fandom, no?
And, yes, as a Tifosa, I do "question" the validity/sincerity of some wins/races/drivers, etc... But, I believe I do it
without relishing or laughing at another team/driver's woes!!

I do not see any glee from anyone here. Perhaps you're seeing things in people's posts which aren't actually there?
There is nothing wrong with speculating, since we do it on a daily basis, pretty well in all areas of our lives, to some extent.
What I have a problem with is kicking someone when they're "down", regardless of how long that may be.

So nothing wrong with speculating but only when the team are winning everything
There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!

Irrational fandom is to question the competitiveness of rival teams
And, yes, as a Tifosa, I do "question" the validity/sincerity of some wins/races/drivers, etc... But, I believe I do it

Yes as a rationally objective fan but as an irrationally biased toward one team tifosa I question competitiveness of other teams, but nicely so no irrational fandom there

Too funny

Yes as a rationally objective fan but as an irrationally biased toward one team tifosa I question competitiveness of other teams, but nicely so no irrational fandom there

Too funny

This is rich coming from you, who can't even keep the teams' names straight, who can't be respectful of other drivers,
who ridicules the opinions, suggestions or comments of others when they don't coincide with yours.

Having said that, I do not feel the need to defend myself from yet another "attack"!!
It's obvious you and I will never see eye to eye, so... Back off, already!!
...There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!

I do not see any glee from anyone here. Perhaps you're seeing things in people's posts which aren't actually there?

It might be the rose-tinted glasses Image, as you seem to echo everything he says!
By the way, he really does not need you to defend him from me, I don't bite!! :thumbup:
...There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!

It might be the rose-tinted glasses Image, as you seem to echo everything he says!
By the way, he really does not need you to defend him from me, I don't bite!! :thumbup:

Who's 'him'? I was responding to you responding to my post to bud. (if you can follow this). Are you referring to bud?

I'm not defending any other poster here since everyone's a grown up and can voice their own opinions. I'm just curious as to where you see 'glee' in other teams' misfortunes because I don't see it. Instead of talking about him and her, please point out this 'glee' bit?

Btw admin, do I get a reward for hitting 10k? I'd like an invisible arrow pls.:D

That's funny coming from one who agrees automatically with others without even understanding their point. Then you say back off after challenging a post and floundering
If you are gonna challenge the views of others be prepared to have a reason. Instead of just irrationally throw objections you can't back up. You never have any answers and just quit after a lot of time wasting

Forums are like life in that there are an array of different people, if you don't like statements or digs about drivers or teams, challenge them if they are wrong , if they are factually correct or you are not bright enough to discredit them learn to let it go

I recommend you don't challenge any more posts without considering the consequences of being ignored or analysed. Let's all stay friendly :thumbup:
I'm just curious as to where you see 'glee' in other teams' misfortunes because I don't see it. Instead of talking about him and her, please point out this 'glee' bit?

Maybe in your neck it's not "gleeful" to poke fun at drivers by calling them ducks when they don't perform as expected.
Maybe it's not ridiculing a team principal for comments he makes regarding his drivers and then having a good laugh at
their expense when said driver doesn't have a good season, thanks in part to a car that's not performing up to standards.
Maybe it's not kicking an experienced driver when he's down by wondering if he'll his salary if the rookie outperforms him?
Maybe it's just a "cultural" thing, eh? :wink:
Forums are like life in that there are an array of different people, if you don't like statements or digs about drivers or teams, challenge them if they are wrong , if they are factually correct or you are not bright enough to discredit them learn to let it go

I couldn't care less who you do or don't support.
Do it respectfully, instead of with arrogance!
Simple, eh?
Once again the argument is derailed. It was in this thread that glee was found about RBR a minute ago, when challenged to show where it shamelessly becomes glee in general, about other drivers and tps

It's not even funny anymore tbf
I'm just curious as to where you see 'glee' in other teams' misfortunes because I don't see it. Instead of talking about him and her, please point out this 'glee' bit?

Maybe in your neck it's not "gleeful" to poke fun at drivers by calling them ducks when they don't perform as expected.

There's no harm calling a driver a duck when he himself fancies himself as a duck and literally quacks around in social media. Would you say the driver is a retard, insulting himself in public? I don't think so.

Maybe it's not ridiculing a team principal for comments he makes regarding his drivers and then having a good laugh at
their expense when said driver doesn't have a good season, thanks in part to a car that's not performing up to standards.

HUH? We can laugh and cry how we want, we watch a sport as well as a drama unfolding in front of us...these guys are paid tons to bear the brunt of public criticism. And if you're referring to Whitmarsh, he pretty much got SACKED by his team, it's not because of a "car not performing", its because of sh!t management.

Maybe it's not kicking an experienced driver when he's down by wondering if he'll his salary if the rookie outperforms him?

We can kick whomever we want if we think they deserve it. I'm sure no driver will be losing any sleep over what we write in forums, it's our right to voice our opinions of every single element in the sport we follow. You're sounding highly hypocritical here, please tell me you've never criticized Lewis (when he's down) in these forums?

Maybe it's just a "cultural" thing, eh? :wink:

No, it's a bloody "hypocritical" thing.

Now that some members will allow us to speculate about RBRs bad start and chances of recovery and now other members will not turn up to moan about others here is a funny article from PF1 to get the thread back on topic and away from the lock

Comedic Adrian Newey diary from PF1

Deary deary me (and almost double crikey), I have never been to such a depressing test, with so little achieved. Even when McLaren decided to fit aero parts on their car upside down last year they got more done than we did. And the ironic thing is that when they set their car up incorrectly it went faster, unlike ours which just sat in the garage flashing warning lights and refusing to cooperate.

In a rare moment of levity afterwards I said to Jana that perhaps we should nickname it 'the sulky teenager' but as she logically pointed out. It's only ten.

It doesn't help when Renault haven't got their act together and are busy passing 'le buck' to the teams. I seem to be taking most blame for the kerfuffle, along with my love for neat aero packaging. The press seem to have latched onto this as a central foible of mine - as though no other designer on the grid even thinks about it, which is most irksomely irritating.

Autosport even ran a feature this week, 'When Newey Got It Wrong' listing the handful of cars that I've designed that haven't turned out satisfactorily. The title was unnecessarily dramatic, almost on the lines of 'When Good Cats Go Bad'. In amongst the list of my woeful designs was the Williams FW16 which picked up a constructors championship. The feature really got my dander up. Quite frankly I don't need to be reminded by some donut-munching keyboard jockeys about the cars I've designed that have been slightly below par. All three of them.
You're sounding highly hypocritical here, please tell me you've never criticized Lewis (when he's down) in these forums?

I challenge you to find any post where I did, because I can assure you, you won't find one.
I have NEVER criticized Hamilton WHEN HE WAS DOWN!!
I willingly admit that I questioned his behaviour in a number of different situations; but,
I did not laugh at his misfortune.

Though this may be a forum where we can say what we want about whomever we want,
thanks to the anonymity the internet provides; I behave on these forums as if I was sitting
across the table from someone and speaking directly to them.

Again, it's all about respect.
I challenge you to find any post where I did, because I can assure you, you won't find one.
I have NEVER criticized Hamilton WHEN HE WAS DOWN!!
I willingly admit that I questioned his behaviour in a number of different situations; but,
I did not laugh at his misfortune.

Though this may be a forum where we can say what we want about whomever we want,
thanks to the anonymity the internet provides; I behave on these forums as if I was sitting
across the table from someone and speaking directly to them.

Again, it's all about respect.

Was that a trick question :confused:
But, allow me to humour you: You'll remember that race/season was NOT Hamilton's finest!! It wasn't inconceivable that
he would make a desperate attempt, as he had previously, and crash out, altogether. There was no guarantee that he
wouldn't take some sort of unnecessary risk, in Brazil. The title was his to lose that day, luckily everything fell into place
for him and he did win it. But, really? Winning the title by one point, without even winning the race?

That 5th place finish was NOT his greatest accomplishment, I'm sure even you could agree with that!
You construed that as disrespectful??

AT THE TIME, I did NOT kick Hamilton when he was down
Years later, in revisiting said ""down time"", I did share my
opinion of his season!!

THAT is NOT disrespectfully kick him WHEN he's down.
You construed that as disrespectful??

AT THE TIME, I did NOT kick Hamilton when he was down
Years later, in revisiting said ""down time"", I did share my
opinion of his season!!

THAT is NOT disrespectfully kick him WHEN he's down.

I'm curious, how do you determine when a driver has "got back up"? Years? Months?

So let's say Button spins on the first corner of the first lap in Melbourne due to not being able to handle turbo, when can I point at him and laugh (since I have a right to)....do I wait 1 month? Maybe a year? Since I wouldn't want to be "disrespectful". :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!