FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What will the quali stats look like at the end of the season?

Lewis style, Button will only qualify higher if Mag has a problem
31%
Close with Button faster on average
31%
Sergio style, They will be close, with Mag edging it
19%
Other (explain)
19%
From we have seen already, its clear young Magma has is able to drive an F1 car very fast.
Its early days but I think its unlikely Button will beat him in quali often.

But how badly will he get whipped?
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 31 Jan 14, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Edit: Throughout the entire Season, Mag will need time to settle in.
Last edited by 1Lemon on 31 Jan 14, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Went with the first option. The guy is clearly quick and not afraid to take risks (taking from his spin just 10 minutes ago) since he's in the McLaren family. I think Perez felt like an outsider and contained himself very much after the Bahrain fiasco.

Kevin might be the guy to end Button's McLaren career, if not career.
First option. Fast young rookie with everything to prove against a guy who's a poor qualifier.

Lol you changed your thoughts just because of a wrong click, classic. :hehe:

Lol you changed your thoughts just because of a wrong click, classic. :hehe:

No I was supposed to hit Kevin will just edge out Jenson, cheers Cookin' for fixing that; I didn't realise you did and came back and was slightly confused :hehe:.

Yeah my Edit wasn't clear, I meant Mag will be beating Jenson by the end of the season regularly but at the start of the season I reckon it will take him a while to get used to the pressure etc. (Not so much the car) so Jenson may have an edge at the start.
I will be interested to see how the quali results pan out at the end of the season. And the actual points...very interested indeed. Because if the statistics I'm about to post are correct, button will be the third highest paid driver on the grid in 2014, third equal that is, with Vettel on 16 mil. The highest paud two being Lewis and Alonso on 20 mil. I suspect Mag will be on one mil or less. So button ought to take him to the cleaners to justify that salary discrepancy.
It is beyond my comprehension why McLaren pay Button 16 million, especially after the last two years performances. I wonder what Mr. boiler will think of it? I think Grosjean would do a better job.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... +1+News%29
... button will be the third highest paid driver on the grid in 2014... I suspect Mag will be on one mil or less. So button ought to take him to the cleaners to justify that salary discrepancy...

Between friends/teammates, ImageImageImage what's a cool mil? :P
... button will be the third highest paid driver on the grid in 2014... I suspect Mag will be on one mil or less. So button ought to take him to the cleaners to justify that salary discrepancy...

Between friends/teammates, ImageImageImage what's a cool mil? :P

It seems you haven't read rc's post properly.
No ones talking about Mag not happy on 1 mill. RC's point is that Button is paid 16 times as much, i.e 15 million MORE than Mag, and even a trainee CFO would expect Button to comprehensively outperform Mag at the very least to prevent questions of fraud arising wrt Buttons deal signed by the last guy
No ones talking about Mag not happy on 1 mill. RC's point is that Button is paid 16 times as much, i.e 15 million MORE than Mag, and even a trainee CFO would expect Button to comprehensively outperform Mag at the very least to prevent questions of fraud arising wrt Buttons deal signed by the last guy

Lighten up, will you!! It was just a joke!! :banghead:

See our F1 related articles too!