FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Sam installed as TP at the launch of the MP4-29?

No way
33%
Yes, as interim or caretaker TP
33%
Yes as new TP
8%
Yes, in principle but not in title
8%
Oh, here go hell come
17%
Some scurrilous rumour that Ron has asked Twitmarsh to step down and Sam Michael will be announced TP at the launch on Friday

https://twitter.com/KomivesP

I started off thinking it was a total joke, but upon further reflection, could it be a good move from Rons perspective? if SM was appointed as a Domenically style mouth piece and gofer, Ron would be able to macro manage him to within an inch of his life, he would have no chance of rebelling against ron or attempting a coup to gain more power.
He could be the perfect lap dog and hatchet man for Ron. And it would rub some sand into Whitmarsh's wounds for good measure

So a 1 day winner takes all poll. Who thinks Ron would install SM at the launch on Friday?
The traditional concept of the TP role has changed completely. its more like Monte/Domenically and Marko/Horner and FW/His daughter, Peter Sauber/Monisha
I love that 'Here go hell come' is an option :rofl:
Well I want to say....NO WAY...... But McLaren are being so stupid it might be right. What were the other options? I'll chose the last one, all hell breaks loose. If I could chose an option it would be

WTF McLaren?????? I thought you'd hit your lowest??
Doesn't seem like a good idea after Sam Micheal's tenure at Williams and the depths the team fell to...

I'm not one of the people that think that Whitmarsh has done a bad job, McLaren have been there or thereabouts with the exception of 2013; which can not be leveled at Whitmarsh individually, he's a team principle, not an engineer.
Rumors are Eric Boulieer to take TP role now
Eric has been terminated from lotus today!
I think he's a very on the ball chap, he really brought lotus into the front, a future Brawn?
Eric Boiler for Mclaren, would be a real result

:yes: so much better than Sam Michael! I hope that's correct.
You can see the Ron effect already at the team, things are buzzing, bold moves are in the air. Its not a stagnant 'play it by the book' or 'go through the motions'. The lights were on, but finally someone is at home

No matter what happens, Boiler or SM, at least we know Ron is doing his thing, decisive bold moves. :clap:

See our F1 related articles too!