FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What do you guys think of the longevity of this pairing?

End miserably.
75%
Live happily ever after.
25%
Looking at Alonso's track record when he had a worthy teammate...

Renault;
Trulli kicking his a**e comfortablyuntil some internal feud (who knows what) breaks down his rship completely with Flavio and scores 0 points in the next 6-7 races.

Fisi on the od occasion putting up a fight, and Alonso screams on the radio asking to be let through.

McLaren;
Hamilton the rookie puts up a fight and....lol

Renault Version 2;
Nelson Piquet is ordered to crash so that Alonso gets victory, and apparently only the Flav and Symonds knew about it all....although we had a certain member X in the team who issued a gag order for 'cooperating fully' despite contributing to the fiasco. We don't know who X is to this day.

Ferrari;
Massa on the od occasion putting up a fight, Alonso screams on the radio asking to be let through.

When speculations begin about Massa's future, Alonso goes on record saying "Massa is an incredibly strong competitor and it looks easy from the outside but actually Massa is an incredibly strong competitor and Massa is his preferred teammate".

Ferrari finally ignores Alonso's PR talk and employs another No.1 driver for next year.

It's clear to me what the outcome's going to be, and I look forward to Alonso proving me right again by middle of 2014 (if the car is competitive).
Not directly a Kimi/ Alonso thing. But the fun is already starting. Luca has banned Alonso from twittering about Ferrari. Details in the Ferrari thread.
Good!! I can't believe that we "need" to read about everything everyone does all the time!!
Comments from various drivers have been taken out of context and blown out of proportion!!

Here's someone's take on social media:

[youtube]5P_0s1TYpJU[/youtube]
Looking at Alonso's track record when he had a worthy teammate...

Renault;
Trulli kicking his a**e comfortablyuntil some internal feud (who knows what) breaks down his rship completely with Flavio and scores 0 points in the next 6-7 races.

Fisi on the od occasion putting up a fight, and Alonso screams on the radio asking to be let through.

McLaren;
Hamilton the rookie puts up a fight and....lol

Renault Version 2;
Nelson Piquet is ordered to crash so that Alonso gets victory, and apparently only the Flav and Symonds knew about it all....although we had a certain member X in the team who issued a gag order for 'cooperating fully' despite contributing to the fiasco. We don't know who X is to this day.

Ferrari;
Massa on the od occasion putting up a fight, Alonso screams on the radio asking to be let through.

When speculations begin about Massa's future, Alonso goes on record saying "Massa is an incredibly strong competitor and it looks easy from the outside but actually Massa is an incredibly strong competitor and Massa is his preferred teammate".

Ferrari finally ignores Alonso's PR talk and employs another No.1 driver for next year.

It's clear to me what the outcome's going to be, and I look forward to Alonso proving me right again by middle of 2014 (if the car is competitive).

But he's got a team mate with strong driving performance, and who has displayed signs of emotional professionalism this year - a combination none of the others have had, and a team who have willingly gone with two top drivers - Ferrari know Alonso, and they know Kimi.

I still think its the strongest driver pairing Ferrari could have got, and a pretty damn strong pairing overall, simply because of the record of both their drivers. Look at Vettel and Webber, those guys hated each other - Webber is a weaker driver than either Alonso or Kimi, but it didn't stop them winning all those titles. Nor, in fact did it stop McLaren winning on points the constructors in 2007.

Alonso might be more public in asking to be let through, or more dramatic, but the intent has been the same from Kimi, Lewis, Vettel etc. at times - asking for team mates to be moved out of the way.

Also, both drivers are looking mainly for a competitive car, it doesn't really matter if they get on I think, if the car is good, chances are at least one of them will come up with the goods. Not too fussed if it is Alonso or Kimi, I don't think Ferrari are either actually.

See our F1 related articles too!