FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

How would quick Nick have fared in Sebs position?

Won 4 WDCs
36%
Won 2 or 3 WDCs
21%
Won a lucky single WDC
21%
Won 0 WDCs
21%
I appreciate and commend the detail you have gone into to make your point.

However the bottom line (pardon the pun) is that Whitmarsh favoured Button above Lewis and lost the better prospect and the team suffered as a result. This is a fact. His management of the 2 resulted in a weakening of the team. Proof of favouring includes removing Lewis' race engineer

Whitmarsh messed up as we can see by the current state of the team, all we are doing is suggesting why he kept the weaker driver and pushed out the stronger - who said he would rather take a sabbatical than continue at the team for another year.

His management weakened the team and its common knowledge that he finds Button personally and disturbingly attractive
Hold the presses!!! I thought McLaren was held up on a pedestal by so many because they don't favour either of their drivers??
Are we to understand that McLaren does have a "favoured" driver?? :eek:

The same McLaren who didn't have favourites when Alonso partnered Hamilton??
WoW! Will wonders never cease?? :eek:

(( :wink: ))
McLaren don't favour the better driver like Ferrari or RBR :nono:

Sometimes the boss favours the driver he finds more attractive but this is never for performance reasons or as a strategy for winning a title

Big difference
Ohhh!! So, when they favoured Hamilton, it wasn't because they thought he was the better driver;
but, because someone fancied the pants off of him??

( ( I'm really sorry; but, you set that one up for me!! :rofl: ))
I said sometimes :wavey:

Also there's no evidence that Lewis was favoured the year he caused the 2x reigning WDC to implode mentally from the pressure of competition leading to the Spaniards attempts to blackmail the team to sabotage the rookie

At Ferrari things were done the way Alonso wanted although with less success as he is yet to win a title
When the rookie Lewis spanked the Spaniard there was no favouritism so that wasn't one of the sometimes

Now sagi, you are not gonna be difficult about this are you? :hehe:
When the rookie Lewis spanked the Spaniard there was no favouritism so that wasn't one of the sometimes

Now sagi, you are not gonna be difficult about this are you? :hehe:

Damned straight I am!! What kind of Tifosa would I be if I wasn't?? :P

Besides, from what I've seen of F1 and read from fans, it's ALL VERY subjective!! :wavey:
All you need to keep in mind is that Ayrton Sennas sister said Lewis was the driver closest to the man himself for her.

Alonsos claim to greatness is that he although beaten he scored the same points as Lewis in his rookie year

:rofl:
Ok. I think we've seen enough of what happens when Lewis gets dragged unnecessarily into threads. So let's draw a line under Lewis, Whitmarsh and button in this thread. I'm sure a more appropriate thread will raise its head in a day or two for that discussion.

In the meantime, can we continue with the discussion about whether or not Heidfeld would equal Vettel's achievements in a Red Bull, it's looking very close on the poll.
So far 4/5ths reckon Heidfeld would win WDCs in Sebs place

Shows what a sorry state F1 is in when a guy who is not even considered worthy of a seat on the present grid would likely be hailed a true great had he ended up in a Newey car at the start of 2009
Webber doesnt have the position Seb has. He doesnt have the same Newey car. We have heard and seen this (frontwing gate and exhaust sound gate) We have to assume that only one driver in the RBR team is in a position to win the WDC, at least since the Red Bull civil war in the middle of 2010.
Webber was the RBR driver more likely to win the WDC right up till the last race when he had problems at the start.

And since then in over 50 races RBR with its ruthless technical efficiency have been unable to solve his clutch/bite point/traction of the line problem. Thats the only problem they cant seem to resolve. even the top speed issue on certain tracks have been solved.

just saying....
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 10 Nov 13, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
So far 4/5ths reckon Heidfeld would win WDCs in Sebs place

Shows what a sorry state F1 is in when a guy who is not even considered worthy of a seat on the present grid would likely be hailed a true great had he ended up in a Newey car at the start of 2009

Maybe things are weighted a bit too much in favour of luck and a bit too little in favour of talent?? That said, we all have a pretty good idea who the best three or four drivers on the grid are. Or are they? And how can we stop it being about luck? We can't really. I think it's a shame talent plays such a relatively small part in the overall scheme of things. But the differences between these guys are fractions of seconds; years and years and years of training, buckets load of natural talent and fractions of a second gain. And then there's the car. ........
I wonder how many titles Webber would have had in a Newey car by now? :P

Now that would be interesting to find out!

Oh, 'in a Newey car', I thought at first glance you said 'in Vettel's car' :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!