FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

How would quick Nick have fared in Sebs position?

Won 4 WDCs
36%
Won 2 or 3 WDCs
21%
Won a lucky single WDC
21%
Won 0 WDCs
21%
I don't call Jenson a poof, that's Whitmarsh

Wait, this is acceptable now? :confused:

She isnt calling Jenson a name, she isnt calling Whitmarsh a name, she is pointing out that Whitmarsh tries hard to call Jenson a name

Well , not a poof, that's not a word I use, I just repeated the phrase Bud used, but he finds young men disturbingly good looking to the point it affects his judgement. But this isn't the Jenson thread or the Whitmarsh thread, so it's not the place to discuss their sexuality( or urges or whatever), plenty of other places for that.
By bud

Well , not a poof, that's not a word I use, I just repeated the phrase Bud used, but he finds young men disturbingly good looking to the point it affects his judgement. But this isn't the Jenson thread or the Whitmarsh thread, so it's not the place to discuss their sexuality( or urges or whatever), plenty of other places for that.

Bringing someones sexuality into question is worthy of discussion? really?

Anything which affects someone's performance is worthy if discussion I would have thought........in the appropriate place, rather than hijack another thread.
By bud

Anything which affects someone's performance is worthy if discussion I would have thought........in the appropriate place, rather than hijack another thread.

Perception is king.
It's a great starting point for a debate, to make inferences and propositions about stats, not to use stats to insult and beat others round the head with if they infer differently.

Pot calling the kettle black?
By Roth
It can't be assumed that Vettel is the same person as he was in 2010, and the resulting crowns have probably altered his mental state that goes along with natural skill. His mental toughness and avarice (and ridiculously quick car) have probably delivered where his racecraft is lacking.

Same, we don't know how Heidfeld would have reacted. All the great drivers are a bit nutty for success, that lends them steal. He seemed a fragile creature, so it would have been quite a turn around. Jim Clark was very diffident out the car though, so who knows... anyway, in this age, I don't think he would have gotten 4.

The three of you cling on to this "disturbingly good-looking" thing but it was used once, in a single interview, right back at the start of the Hamilton/Button partnership. It's not an irrelevant comment to make, either, as having drivers considered to be good-looking is also good for marketing because that's what people want to see, particularly when things like after shaves, clothes etc. are being advertised to them. It does not imply anything about the sexuality of either Whitmarsh or the two drivers in question, yet it's constantly dragged up in threads. However, whenever anyone brings up things Hamilton has said in the past, they're jumped on immediately, whined at about context etc. and quite frankly, it's ridiculous.

You might take issue with the way that Whitmarsh talks about his drivers, but remember it's his job to big up his drivers and talk about the positives when they have a bad day. During Hamilton's year of crashes in 2011 (before you start, I'm not saying he was at fault for them all), Whitmarsh defended his aggressive style completely when he was criticised by fellow drivers, team principals, ex-drivers and the media. This year, when Sergio was being aggressive early on in the season, he again defended him when criticised. That's his responsibility. You can tell from most of his interviews that his focus is very much on keeping the sponsors happy with what he says.
First I would ask why you consider Heidfeld to be "the most consistent an understated F1 driver of the bunch". I only watched in 2011, but he didn't do much better (if at all) than Petrov, who no one considers to be particularly great. It also looks like he was consistently outperformed by Kubica at Sauber.

His time at Lotus alongside Petrov was odd, but at BMW Sauber he and Kubica were more or less even across the three and a half seasons.

What I'm getting at here is that he still would have had to race against Mark Webber in the same car. Would Heidfeld have beaten Webber in 2010? I'd say not. So if Webber wins in 2010, maybe he becomes the RBR golden boy and wins 4 WDC's in a row, while we sit here wondering why Heidfeld is treated like a #2 driver...

He'd been up against Webber before at Williams and until he was sidelined by injuries, they were pretty much even (Heidfeld had a slight edge: 28 points vs. 24, three podiums to Webber's one and a pole position, too). So who knows what would have happened if they'd have been together at Red Bull?

As you've brought up Kubica, I'd also have been very, very interested to see what he could do in a front-running team (even the Lotus for the past two years). :(

Indeed - see this thread that I made four years ago, where I pointed out the fact that over the course of their three years or so at BMW / Sauber that Nick actually outscored Kubica - yet everybody viewed Kubica as a future star, whilst Nick was largely ignored in spite of the clear evidence that Nick was very bit Kubica's equal (or more) over the course of a season: http://www.forumula1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7438 It's strange, the perception people have that Heidfeld isn't / wasn't a potential WDC given the clear evidence to the contrary.
The three of you cling on to this "disturbingly good-looking" thing but it was used once, in a single interview, right back at the start of the Hamilton/Button partnership. It's not an irrelevant comment to make, either, as having drivers considered to be good-looking is also good for marketing because that's what people want to see, particularly when things like after shaves, clothes etc. are being advertised to them. It does not imply anything about the sexuality of either Whitmarsh or the two drivers in question, yet it's constantly dragged up in threads. However, whenever anyone brings up things Hamilton has said in the past, they're jumped on immediately, whined at about context etc. and quite frankly, it's ridiculous.

You might take issue with the way that Whitmarsh talks about his drivers, but remember it's his job to big up his drivers and talk about the positives when they have a bad day. During Hamilton's year of crashes in 2011 (before you start, I'm not saying he was at fault for them all), Whitmarsh defended his aggressive style completely when he was criticised by fellow drivers, team principals, ex-drivers and the media. This year, when Sergio was being aggressive early on in the season, he again defended him when criticised. That's his responsibility. You can tell from most of his interviews that his focus is very much on keeping the sponsors happy with what he says.

Nicely put, Denthul :)
First I would ask why you consider Heidfeld to be "the most consistent an understated F1 driver of the bunch". I only watched in 2011, but he didn't do much better (if at all) than Petrov, who no one considers to be particularly great. It also looks like he was consistently outperformed by Kubica at Sauber.

His time at Lotus alongside Petrov was odd, but at BMW Sauber he and Kubica were more or less even across the three and a half seasons.

What I'm getting at here is that he still would have had to race against Mark Webber in the same car. Would Heidfeld have beaten Webber in 2010? I'd say not. So if Webber wins in 2010, maybe he becomes the RBR golden boy and wins 4 WDC's in a row, while we sit here wondering why Heidfeld is treated like a #2 driver...

He'd been up against Webber before at Williams and until he was sidelined by injuries, they were pretty much even (Heidfeld had a slight edge: 28 points vs. 24, three podiums to Webber's one and a pole position, too). So who knows what would have happened if they'd have been together at Red Bull?

As you've brought up Kubica, I'd also have been very, very interested to see what he could do in a front-running team (even the Lotus for the past two years). :(

Indeed - see this thread that I made four years ago, where I pointed out the fact that over the course of their three years or so at BMW / Sauber that Nick actually outscored Kubica - yet everybody viewed Kubica as a future star, whilst Nick was largely ignored in spite of the clear evidence that Nick was very bit Kubica's equal (or more) over the course of a season: http://www.forumula1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7438 It's strange, the perception people have that Heidfeld isn't / wasn't a potential WDC given the clear evidence to the contrary.

Over the course of those three years, Heidfeld did indeed outscore Kubica. But it's also important to keep in mind that by 2006, Heidfeld had been racing in F1 for 6 years, and one year already with BMW Sauber, whereas 2006 was Kubica's rookie year. If you break down each season individually:

2006:
Heidfeld: 23 (79.3% of team's total points)
Kubica: 6 (20.7%)

2007:
Heidfeld: 61 (61%)
Kubica: 39 (39%)

2008:
Heidfeld: 60 (44.4%)
Kubica: 75 (55.6%)

I think it's fairly easy to see that Kubica gradually developed his skills over his first few years in F1 to eventually outperform Heidfeld in 2008. Heidfeld seems pretty stagnant (or consistent, depending on how you look at it) by comparison. It's true they were more even in 2009, by Heidfeld winning by two points, but I think the general trend stands.

There is a difference in calling his drivers good looking, or markeatable, or appealing to saying they are disturbingly good looking. The disturbing bit is border line sexual harrasment and completely unprofessional because the only meaningful context is a personal sexual prefference.

If any boss described a female employee as sluttily attractive hed be banged up in no time. Or called a girl horny or vampish or even said she was a 'turn on'. Why should he be exused because its a guy?
No one is complaining about his sexual preferences, just the fact that he is unprofessional enough to bring it into the equation and obviously allowed it to ruin his judgement and ruin a great team.

Also there was the time he actually told the press that he had promised to kiss Jenson not just on the cheeks but inbetween if he won a race. Imagine telling the press that about your married female secretary, the same one you already said was 'trouser stirringly attractive'
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 09 Nov 13, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
It wasn't one occasion. He made similar references when Checo joined. I couldn't card less then though because Lewis was out of it. Yes, it's great for a boss to talk up his drivers, I absolutely agree, but not at the expense of the other driver, as Whitmarsh consistently did to the detriment of Lewis and is doing to the detriment of Checo.
Not to mention breaking out in tears when the driver won a race.

Anyway its common knowledge that he mismanaged his male staff at McLaren to the point of losing the 2 main stars. Everyone agrees something went wrong in his approach so why should he be excused scrutiny of his unprofessional personal bias

Over the course of those three years, Heidfeld did indeed outscore Kubica. But it's also important to keep in mind that by 2006, Heidfeld had been racing in F1 for 6 years, and one year already with BMW Sauber, whereas 2006 was Kubica's rookie year. If you break down each season individually:

2006:
Heidfeld: 23 (79.3% of team's total points)
Kubica: 6 (20.7%)

2007:
Heidfeld: 61 (61%)
Kubica: 39 (39%)

2008:
Heidfeld: 60 (44.4%)
Kubica: 75 (55.6%)

I think it's fairly easy to see that Kubica gradually developed his skills over his first few years in F1 to eventually outperform Heidfeld in 2008. Heidfeld seems pretty stagnant (or consistent, depending on how you look at it) by comparison. It's true they were more even in 2009, by Heidfeld winning by two points, but I think the general trend stands.

Did you ignore 2009 intentionally?

There is a difference in calling his drivers good looking, or markeatable, or appealing to saying they are disturbingly good looking. The disturbing bit is border line sexual harrasment and completely unprofessional because the only meaningful context is a personal sexual prefference.

Erm, no, it isn't. It's on-par with saying someone is 'insanely attractive'. He was pointing out that the team had two very good-looking drivers, nothing more.

If any boss described a female employee as sluttily attractive hed be banged up in no time. Or called a girl horny or vampish or even said she was a 'turn on'. Why should he be exused because its a guy?

You're being ridiculous; none of those are the same as what Whitmarsh said, but it's completely unsurprising that you tried to make the comparison.

No one is complaining about his sexual preferences, just the fact that he is unprofessional enough to bring it into the equation and obviously allowed it to ruin his judgement and ruin a great team.

Prove it.

Also there was the time he actually told the press that he had promised to kiss Jenson not just on the cheeks but inbetween if he won a race. Imagine telling the press that about your married female secretary, the same one you already said was 'trouser stirringly attractive'

It isn't ideal, but nor is it what you're trying to make out.

It wasn't one occasion. He made similar references when Checo joined. I couldn't card less then though because Lewis was out of it. Yes, it's great for a boss to talk up his drivers, I absolutely agree, but not at the expense of the other driver, as Whitmarsh consistently did to the detriment of Lewis and is doing to the detriment of Checo.

You mean here?

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "What can I say? Lewis was perfect in qualifying, and perfect in the race, and the result was perfect too.

"He made a brilliant start from the front row, storming past Mark [Webber] into the lead, and then nailed the first few laps.

"After that, the team made all the right strategy calls, and the pitcrew executed the pitstops faultlessly, under extreme pressure.

"It was a gripping race, real edge-of-the-seat stuff, with all three teams involved operating at the top of their form. When that happens, the victory is particularly hard-won – and mighty satisfying too.

"Believe me, this success will be celebrated loud and long in Nürburgring and Woking tonight – and in Brixworth and Stuttgart too, homes of Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines, whose home Grand Prix this is. As always, their engine was superb today.

"Jenson had a difficult weekend, however, and his race ended prematurely today as a result of a hydraulic failure. He'll be disappointed, inevitably, but he's a magnificent team player, and a fabulous driver, and I'm sure he'll bounce back in Budapest next weekend.

"As for Lewis, well, I reckon his 16th Grand Prix victory was one of his very best: a scintillatingly authoritative performance that all too clearly underlines what a fearsomely competitive individual he is."

Or here?

Martin Whitmarsh, Team principal: "What a way for Jenson to celebrate his 200th Grand Prix! Just brilliant! Fantastic!

"Those were very, very difficult conditions this afternoon, and it was easy to get it wrong, but Jenson drove a great race. His measured yet combative drive was a testament to how naturally smooth and smart he is on the racetrack, and he really deserved this win.

"Lewis was in the pits six times this afternoon and he got his drive-through penalty for putting Paul on the grass. He'll be disappointed because he'd like to have been standing on the top step of the podium alongside Lewis, but he accepted his penalty well. He kept his cool and overtook another couple of cars as a result. His resulting fourth place gave him - and us – 12 valuable world championship points.

"This was McLaren's 10th win in Hungary – a record – and it comes on the back of Lewis's win in Germany last weekend. We've won three of the past five Grands Prix, and have scored 119 world championship points over the same period.

"The team can now take a well-deserved break before attacking the second half of the season."

How about here?

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "Today we witnessed a great drive from Jenson. It was a fast and tough race from the very start, and Jenson, Fernando [Alonso] and Sebastian all did a fantastic job today.

"Obviously, those last few laps were extremely tense. We've been in the position of hunting for victory, but it's even more nerve-wracking when you're the car in front! It was a very tense but fantastic spectacle and Jenson didn't put a foot wrong. He drove with extraordinary calm, so today's victory is incredibly well deserved.

"Lewis had a more difficult afternoon. We weren't immediately aware that Lewis appeared to suffer a slow puncture to the right-rear in the first stint. That created a growing pressure differential across the rear axle, and potentially led us to add too much front wing to compensate for the lack of balance at the rear.

"In hindsight, that may have led to Lewis fighting to find a satisfactory balance for the next two stints as we attempted to restore the set-up he'd enjoyed during the previous two days. It was a challenging afternoon for Lewis, but he never gave up, kept pushing and scored some strong points for the team. He had the pace this weekend, so I'm sure he'll be as tough as ever in Korea next weekend.

"Finally, I would like to pass on congratulations to Sebastian from myself and the whole of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team. He has driven a consistent and error-free season, and I only wish we could have delayed tonight's party for a little while longer! But big congratulations to him nonetheless.

"For all of us at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, our ambition is undimmed: we'll be aiming to win all the remaining races, starting with Korea next weekend."

This one, perhaps?

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "I think Lewis' drive today was utterly inspirational. He may be downplaying it, because he's a perfectionist and he wanted to win, but to withstand such enormous pressure, for lap after lap, from a faster car, was a drive absolutely worthy of the great champions.

"His finishing position may only go down in the history books as another second place, but, make no mistake, this was a fantastic drive; beautifully assured and perfectly judged.

"To cap it all, the data showed that he was losing a significant amount of downforce from his front wing. After the race, we inspected Lewis's front-wing and discovered that the left-hand slot-gap had become filled with congealed tyre rubber, doubtless a result of the marbles on the track.

"As a result, he was suffering with masses of understeer, which further hurts the tyres. In the circumstances, his was an absolutely fantastic drive because it would have been all too easy to have gone backwards when faced with such massive, and constant, pressure.

"Equally, Jenson posted another brilliant, measured drive. On Jenson's car, too, we discovered after the race that he was also hurting from damage to his car – caused by a rock hitting the front-win. The resulting understeer doubtless also impaired Jenson's ability to close down Mark in the track's final sector, and therefore meant he was unable to mount a sustained attack in the DRS zone and secure third.

"Nevertheless, today showed that we have a very good racing car. But, more importantly, it showed that we have two brilliant racing drivers, who will fight from the start of the race to the end and who will never give up.

"Their spirited drives today are a just reward for the whole Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team, who have spent the last fortnight away from their homes, families and friends. While we must all acknowledge the great achievement of Red Bull Racing in securing the Constructors' Championship today, I also want to pay tribute to the efforts and sacrifices made by our whole team over these past two weeks. They enabled us to score 65 world championship points in the last two races – a total that now consolidates our position in the Constructors' Championship. So, after two fantastic races in Japan and Korea, I want to say a heartfelt 'thank-you' to the whole team. There are three races remaining in 2011 – and I know I speak for everyone when I say we want to win all three."

Hmm, nope. What about this?

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "Jenson was utterly immaculate today. He made a brilliant start, slipping past Lewis who got bogged down momentarily, and after that he controlled the race with consummate authority.

"Lewis, too, drove extremely well, but was unfortunately deprived of second place when the Safety Car was deployed late in the race. A Vodafone McLaren Mercedes one-two had been there for the taking; but I guess it's a very good sign when you feel a little disappointed by a one-three, so we'll settle for that!

"We never under-estimate our opposition, and undoubtedly there's a long hard road ahead of us between now and the end of the season. But we've started well, and in a few days' time we'll roll into Sepang, Malaysia, hungry to score a repeat victory.

"I want to thank everyone at not only Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, but also at Mercedes AMG HighPerformancePowertrains, for a fantastic effort over the past few weeks and months. We've all worked incredibly hard – and, today, in dappled late-afternoon sunshine in Melbourne's Albert Park, all that hard work paid off."

Or...

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "Before I say anything else, I want to offer my very hearty congratulations to Williams, to Pastor and particularly to Sir Frank for a stunning victory here today.

"For Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, following our disappointments yesterday, today was always going to be about recovery. Even so, Jenson will be disappointed: he struggled with balance and grip all afternoon, and won't be satisfied with the brace of world championship points that his ninth place delivered him.

"Lewis, having started in 24th and last place following his qualifying penalty yesterday, drove an absolutely storming race to eighth place at the chequered flag, all but catching and passing Nico [Rosberg] for seventh place on the final lap. Like Jenson, he won't be content with the four world championship points he earned this afternoon, but in truth he should be immensely proud of his performance here.

"Lewis was the only driver to make a two-stop strategy work today – and that, given that his race strategy called for him to drive exceptionally hard and extremely fast in heavy traffic all afternoon, pulling off some sensational passing manoeuvres on a circuit on which overtaking is notoriously difficult, was a truly magnificent feat.

"Make no mistake about it, the 2012 Santander Spanish Grand Prix was one of the most impressive races that Lewis has ever driven. His performance combined fabulous verve with commendable caution – and I'd go so far as to say that, rising above the frustration he inevitably felt yesterday evening, he's inspired each and every one of us at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes with his stirring drive today.

"He's only eight points behind the leader in the Drivers' World Championship, and he loves the Monaco Grand Prix, the next stop on the World Championship calendar.

"Jenson, too, is a past winner at Monte-Carlo, and, like Lewis, he'll approach the dauntingly tortuous streets of the famous Principality with the forceful precision that marks out both our drivers as the superb World Champions that they are.

"They'll both be aiming to win, of that you may be sure."

Well, s***, I bet Jenson felt neglected after that one!

Martin Whitmarsh, Team principal: "A hat-trick of Canadian Grand Prix wins for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes [2010, 2011, 2012]! Five wins out of the past seven Canadian Grands Prix for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes [2005, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012]! The 13th Canadian Grand Prix win in our history – more than any other team! A third Canadian Grand Prix win for Lewis [2007, 2010, 2012]! And Lewis is now leading the Drivers' World Championship! And all of that in the historic 300th Grand Prix of the McLaren-Mobil1-Mercedes-Enkei partnership!

"So, yes, today was a very good day. Lewis drove brilliantly. He shadowed Seb for the first dozen-or-so laps, then closed right up on him as the first pitstop window approached. When Seb took on fresh rubber on lap 16, Lewis really got the hammer down, made his stop on lap 17, and rejoined the race just ahead of Seb. Then, when Fernando [Alonso] made his pitstop, and re-emerged just ahead of Lewis, he [Lewis] showed his innate racer's instinct by passing him [Fernando] in short order and then steadily pulling away. It was a majestic performance by a master of his craft at the peak of his form.

"For Jenson, by contrast, today was another day on which we, his team, failed to provide him with the tools with which to do the brilliant job we all know he's capable of, and which he did so superbly here last year. He lost track time on Friday through no fault of his own, was unable to qualify as well as he would have done had he not lost that track time, and may have been further troubled today by a suspension set-up, different from Lewis's, that left him with excessive rear tyre wear. We'll have to check that out.

"Lastly, I want to pay tribute to Akebono, whose brake callipers coped brilliantly on the circuit that by some margin poses the biggest braking challenge of the Formula 1 year."

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: "Lewis drove with tremendous composure all afternoon, and the result was a meticulously judged victory, wrought under intense pressure throughout.

"He made a superb start from pole position, then controlled the race with masterful authority, all the while balancing the necessity to execute rapid laps against the equally pressing requirement to conserve his tyres.

"The 25 points he annexed today have taken his season-so-far total to 117. Although he's still a little way behind the Drivers' World Championship leader, he's now very well placed to mount an assault on the Drivers' World Championship crown over the remaining nine races of the season. Believe me, it's still all up for grabs.

"Jenson had a frustrating race but nonetheless managed to score a useful eight points as a result of finishing in sixth place. Like Lewis, he'll come back from the mid-season break ready to attack the second half of the season with energy and enthusiasm. And, again, also like Lewis, he'll be aiming to score plenty of points, at Spa-Francorchamps and Interlagos and everywhere in between.

"Yesterday Lewis scored the 150th pole position in McLaren's history – and today he notched up our 178th Grand Prix victory. It was his 101st Grand Prix – and it's difficult to imagine a better way for him to have begun his second century of Grand Prix appearances, isn't it?

"In the Constructors' World Championship, the 33 points that Lewis and Jenson scored today have lifted Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to second place overall. Again, as with the Drivers' World Championship, we're in a good position from which to work as hard as is humanly possible to close the gap on the leaders and wrest the Constructors' laurels by season's end.

"Talking of hard work, I want to pay tribute to the massively impressive levels of dogged application and sheer graft that everyone at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes in Woking [Surrey, UK] and at Mercedes-Benz AMG HighPerformancePowertrains in Brixworth [Northamptonshire, UK] has brought to bear on the 2012 Formula 1 World Championship campaign so far. And, in fact, I want to say an especially big 'thank you' to our friends from Stuttgart [Germany] as well as from Brixworth, actually, because today's win was the 75th victory of the McLaren/Mercedes-Benz partnership: a pretty impressive stat!

"We'll now take our holidays, we'll recharge our batteries, and we'll return at Spa-Francorchamps in a month's time, fighting fit and ready to do battle once again.

"Bring it on!"

Getting bored yet?

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal: "Lewis drove a perfect race here at Monza today, and duly took a well-deserved victory – his 20th grand prix win and McLaren's 180th.

"In truth, he was in total control throughout all 53 laps, and was never really threatened.

"We should have scored a one-two finish, but Jenson was deprived of an easy second place by a fuel system problem. That's frustrating for him and frustrating for us, but the important thing is that our car is a winner. We've now won three grands prix in a row, and both our drivers are on top form.

"Lewis has now closed up to second place in the drivers' world championship, with seven grands prix still to run. It was his third victory of the season, and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' fifth. The momentum is with us, and the drivers' world championship crown is well within Lewis's grasp. In the constructors' championship, too, we're in good shape.

"Winning is what Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is all about. In Singapore in two weeks' time, we're planning to do some more of it."

And just one more...

Martin Whitmarsh - Team principal: "Lewis drove a perfect race here at Monza today, and duly took a well-deserved victory – his 20th grand prix win and McLaren's 180th.

"In truth, he was in total control throughout all 53 laps, and was never really threatened.

"We should have scored a one-two finish, but Jenson was deprived of an easy second place by a fuel system problem. That's frustrating for him and frustrating for us, but the important thing is that our car is a winner. We've now won three grands prix in a row, and both our drivers are on top form.

"Lewis has now closed up to second place in the drivers' world championship, with seven grands prix still to run. It was his third victory of the season, and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' fifth. The momentum is with us, and the drivers' world championship crown is well within Lewis's grasp. In the constructors' championship, too, we're in good shape.

"Winning is what Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is all about. In Singapore in two weeks' time, we're planning to do some more of it."

I had planned to go through more of his post-race interviews, but sadly I have no more free views left this month for Autosport, so these will have to do. You're welcome to provide evidence to the contrary, I'll happily read through it. But from a neutral perspective, I never found that any of his post-race interviews were to the detriment of either driver. In fact, to be honest, they're quite boring! He's always given them praise for their efforts and he always throws in the relevant mentions for suppliers and investors. Heck, even after Lewis tweeted the telemetry stuff, he handled it far more positively than most team bosses would have done. But, no. Whitmarsh hates Lewis and Sergio, and loves Jenson. Of course. :rolleyes:

Not to mention breaking out in tears when the driver won a race.

And the problem with this is what, exactly?

Anyway its common knowledge that he mismanaged his male staff at McLaren to the point of losing the 2 main stars. Everyone agrees something went wrong in his approach so why should he be excused scrutiny of his unprofessional personal bias

Is it? Undeniably, McLaren have had some problems operationally and this year have had a car that's not up to their usual standard, but I find your claims to be ridiculous. Even if he did have unprofessional personal bias towards Jenson (not something you have been able to prove so far), I fail to see how that would have caused the level (or type) of issues that McLaren have had, outside of Hamilton leaving (and I'm pretty sure his reasons for leaving were related to said operational issues, not ridiculous claims made on the internet by a handful of people). Do McLaren have a problem? Yes. Is it this alleged bias from the team principal? Doubtful.

See our F1 related articles too!