FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

How would quick Nick have fared in Sebs position?

Won 4 WDCs
36%
Won 2 or 3 WDCs
21%
Won a lucky single WDC
21%
Won 0 WDCs
21%

And theoretically Sauber shouldn't have won that race but a certain British racing god couldn't even understand the traffic lights at the end of the pit lane and crashed into the back of a helpless Raikkonen stopped in the pit lane...

Why did you have to do that? Lewis made a catastrophic error. It was nothing to do with not understanding the lights. He expected them to be green and wasn't informed differently by the team. At the time he was adjusting things in the cockpit and didn't look up and see the red light. Same happened to Rosberg. A costly error. Why the British god talk?
Sure. Likewise some have argued that even Narain Karthikeyan and Yuji Ide would be world champions right now had they been driving for Red Bull...

The thing is - Vettel also contributed to the design of that car and the development of new parts. Whose to say that Heidfeld would be able to provide the same amount of feedback and consistency for Newey to design off?

I think people don't give enough credit to drivers for aiding in the development of race parts based around their feedback and data gathered from THEIR driving....
What I've done is brought some stats out and tried to generate some inferences from them. Stats are not the end all and be all and are there to be used as one pleases.

To not accept the inferences is not to be immoral and filthy etc etc

It's a great starting point for a debate, to make inferences and propositions about stats, not to use stats to insult and beat others round the head with if they infer differently.

There is no right or wrong here and it's been an interesting yet civil discussion

Would be good though to turn this into a real poll and see how people vote on the original premise- how many WDCs would Heidfeld have won given Sebs position, so far the only ones who have actually answered have all said he would win at least two

If you go to your first post and hit 'edit' you will see near the bottom an option to add a poll to the thread.

And theoretically Sauber shouldn't have won that race but a certain British racing god couldn't even understand the traffic lights at the end of the pit lane and crashed into the back of a helpless Raikkonen stopped in the pit lane...

Why did you have to do that? Lewis made a catastrophic error. It was nothing to do with not understanding the lights. He expected them to be green and wasn't informed differently by the team. At the time he was adjusting things in the cockpit and didn't look up and see the red light. Same happened to Rosberg. A costly error. Why the British god talk?

I'm being deliberately sarcastic to highlight another point raised in another thread. I know Hamilton made an honest mistake, as Vettel also has plenty of times. We're all human.

Sorry if it oversteps a line. I actually do not really feel that way about Hamilton.
Would be good though to turn this into a real poll and see how people vote on the original premise-

note to mods; can we turn the options into a Poll as I couldnt work out how

:rofl::rofl: You really want to turn this into a poll don't you :hehe:

You don't miss much do you Mr Crawford :lol:
Yes although it should be mentioned that the race was Canada 2008, where Heidfeld was leading Kubica but had to give the position to Kubica because he was slower than Kubica for some reason...

The team had put him on a one-stop strategy, so his car was much heavier at that point in the race.
Ok so Nick would not have won 4 WDCs in Sebs car because he didn't seize the chance to win in a Newey designed midfield car in the wet. So this singular bit of skill from Seb makes all the difference over Nick who is better at bringing home any car he is given in the points

And I'm guessing Maldo wouldn't do the same in Sebs car because although he won in a midfield car in his second year he is not a consistent finisher?

:clap:

So a wdc for Chilton look certain then

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Chilterns done well to bring the car home each race, however he is nowhere near bringing the car home in second or the podium most without having the best car

He would need to see him in a better car to see if he can not just be consistent but beat his teammates and come second in the 4th or 5th best car
By bud

Why is it not okay for someone to bag Lewis when it's okay to call Jenson a poof or Vettel a fluke? Maybe there lies the answer to why the British god talk... Even in your defence "the team didn't tell him the lights were red" like he needs his hand held to cross the road at a set of traffic lights.
Alonso or Lewis would have won 5. :hehe:

With you on that.

Why is it not okay for someone to bag Lewis when it's okay to call Jenson a poof or Vettel a fluke? Maybe there lies the answer to why the British god talk... Even in your defence "the team didn't tell him the lights were red" like he needs his hand held to cross the road at a set of traffic lights.

Because he's God! Didn't you know?! :eek:
Alonso or Lewis would have won 5. :hehe:

With you on that.

Definately :yes:

I don't call Jenson a poof, that's Whitmarsh, Jenson just plays it to his advantage like he does everything. And I've not said Vetel is a fluke, just not as good as he's made out to be. And I wasn't defending Lewis I said he made a catastrophic error. How is saying someone made a catastrophic error defending them? :rolleyes:
This thread is nothing to do with Lewis , it's about whether Heidfeld would have done as well as Vettel. What's China 2008 got to do with that?

See our F1 related articles too!