FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

How would quick Nick have fared in Sebs position?

Won 4 WDCs
36%
Won 2 or 3 WDCs
21%
Won a lucky single WDC
21%
Won 0 WDCs
21%
I am curious to know what others think about this

Button won 6 races in a row while the Brawn had a massive advantage, We don't call him great just good enough to bring the car home. Seb has won 4 WDCs in a car with a massive advantage, we call him great because he brought the car home consistently and despite some poor race craft and questionable temperament some of the times he actually faced pressure

Now super nick Heidfeld is the most consistent and understated F1 driver of the bunch and is unlucky to be without a seat when he could easily be in Buttons place had he signed for Honda before 2009. Without ever having a top 3 car he has these stat
Heidfeld currently holds three other records; he is the driver who has scored the highest number of world championship points without a Grand Prix win, holds the record for the most podium finishes without a Grand Prix win (13),[1] and has the most second place finishes without a win, with 8. He also holds the record for the most consecutive race classifications with a tally of 41.

My question is this, if Heidfeld had been in Sebs car for the last 4 years would he have 4 WDCs? Or would he have none?
Would he have 2011 and 2013 and say he lost 2010 and 2012
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 11 Nov 13, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.
I'd say he'd definitely have 2011 and 2013 Possibly the other two, so difficult to call the two marginal ones. Would he have had as much support? Would other drivers have had the same amount of misfortune? That said Vettel made a lot of errors in 2010, perhaps Heidfeld wouldn't have done. Maybe he'd have won 2010 by a bigger margin.
By bud
Could nick have handled pressure to perform when all odds were in Alonso's favour?

All things considered Seb has won 4 titles, that is no fluke especially when there are two Red Bulls on track.
Nick was struggling to beat Petrov in 2011, and struggled in the Sauber at the end of 2010.
First I would ask why you consider Heidfeld to be "the most consistent an understated F1 driver of the bunch". I only watched in 2011, but he didn't do much better (if at all) than Petrov, who no one considers to be particularly great. It also looks like he was consistently outperformed by Kubica at Sauber.

What I'm getting at here is that he still would have had to race against Mark Webber in the same car. Would Heidfeld have beaten Webber in 2010? I'd say not. So if Webber wins in 2010, maybe he becomes the RBR golden boy and wins 4 WDC's in a row, while we sit here wondering why Heidfeld is treated like a #2 driver...
Nick Heidfeld was alright. There isn't much else to say really. I don't particularly miss him that much, and he was around for quite a while...
And he weed in his car.
And he weed in his car.

I thought everyone had at some point

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Surely not!

See our F1 related articles too!