FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Ferrari or Merc for 2nd in the WCC 2013?

Ferrari
25%
Mercedes
63%
Lotus
13%
I believe that sauber are gonna get 6 7 and 8th place in the races to ome. I also believe force india(if sauber still perform how they do) will finish out of the points.

*facepalm!* :hehe:

I think the signs were there in India that Force India had begun to get their heads around the tyres again.

There is NO chance that Sauber are going to overhaul Force India before the end of the season.

Agreed, there is more chance of FI overhauling McLaren than getting overhauled by Sauber

Looks like Button is in his mandatory hapless stage of the season, and FI look to have adapted to the tyres
Why isn't Vettel on this list?

Because he isnt a team...?

That's debatable at this stage. :hehe:
I believe that sauber are gonna get 6 7 and 8th place in the races to ome. I also believe force india(if sauber still perform how they do) will finish out of the points.

I think the signs were there in India that Force India had begun to get their heads around the tyres again.

There is NO chance that Sauber are going to overhaul Force India before the end of the season.

Agreed, there is more chance of FI overhauling McLaren than getting overhauled by Sauber

Looks like Button is in his mandatory hapless stage of the season, and FI look to have adapted to the tyres

Who can blame JB...just few races to go before the beach and yachts become his day job.

Who can blame JB...just few races to go before the beach and yachts become his day job.

JB on twitter just now....

Jenson Button ‏@JensonButton
the performance is there I just need a little luck on my side. I've got a good feeling about Austin and São Paolo ;)
So doin' some math. Lotus are 37 points in the rears. 43 maximum points available per GP for a constructor. The likelihood of a 1-2 finish for any of the three are slim to none as long as there's a Red Bull car on the grid. So where does that leave us?

33 points maximum likely for a team, meaning that Lotus, although mathematically in it, is not looking very likely at the moment unless something tragic happens to Mercedes. Ferrari is only 11 points behind, but the way their car is looking, having to resort to strategy rather than speed, it's not likely that they can best Mercedes like for like but they've got the fighting chance. Massa is looking better and Alonso is always a thread to podium.

Seven point gap to Lotus in Austin and they're done. Ferrari will be mathematically in it regardless until Brazil.

See our F1 related articles too!