FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Ferrari or Merc for 2nd in the WCC 2013?

Ferrari
25%
Mercedes
63%
Lotus
13%
It is a difficult one.

Merc on a good day both drivers will score well. As long as the tyres last

Ferrari, seem to only have enough talent for one driver at a time. Last week Massa had it.

Lotus, a team of 2 halfs, Kimi was on fire at the start of the season. Now his ice cream has melted. Romain has come alive now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Lotus are in better form. It could be them if Kimi starts taking it seriously.

More seriously than finishing on the podium 50% of the time??
Only Vettel has done better!!

More seriously than being third in the WDC??
Only Alonso stands between him and first!!

I'd say he's been pretty serious all season!!
But at this latter part he hasn't been. That's where the fight is for second. It's NOW.

Latter part? He has had 2 podium finishes in the last 4 races, which is nothing to sneeze at!
I'm sure most of the other drivers on the grid would agree with that!

However, IF you are comparing him to Grosjean and his last three races where he has placed
third, my comment would be a "revival" late in the season, doesn't mean you're the winner.
with 129 maximum points on the table for the next three races, mathematically speaking all three teams are still very much in Play. It's likely though that what's really on the table is only 99 points as one of the Red Bulls will likely be getting the top step on the podium given their pace of late.

I believe Mercedes may have their best shot at a win in Austin but I think the WCC won't be decided until the Brazil with all three teams still in contention.
MERCEDES all the way!!!!! Lewis' hunting ground, Abu Dhabi and Austin coming up.....2nd place is up for grabs at both venues.
No problems overtaking in Abu Dhabi but I think Austin may be a more Merc friendly track. Also, Austin will have Medium and Hard instead of the Soft and Medium compounds, so less will be dictated by the tires in Austin. I still think this will come to the final race final 15 laps! :cloud9:
I believe that sauber are gonna get 6 7 and 8th place in the races to ome. I also believe force india(if sauber still perform how they do) will finish out of the points.
I believe that sauber are gonna get 6 7 and 8th place in the races to ome. I also believe force india(if sauber still perform how they do) will finish out of the points.

*facepalm!* :hehe:

I think the signs were there in India that Force India had begun to get their heads around the tyres again.

There is NO chance that Sauber are going to overhaul Force India before the end of the season.

See our F1 related articles too!