FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What do you feel is best for the sport?

Two marquee name drivers in one team.
46%
One Marquee name driver and one good enough back up.
54%
Two top over ego'd drivers in one team is far more interesting and topic enhancing but it's not exactly the way to win championships unless the car is so good it can still win when the two drivers are screwing each other over.

What he said.
Two top over ego'd drivers in one team is far more interesting and topic enhancing but it's not exactly the way to win championships unless the car is so good it can still win when the two drivers are screwing each other over.

What he said.

Agree too. Had McLaren used a number 1 and number 2 in 2007 they would have won the WDC (and likely wouldve won the WCC). Same with Ferrari in 2008 when Kimi and Massa took points off each other for the 1st half of the season.

2010 Alonso almost nicked it from RB in exactly the same way.

Two number ones might help you win the constructors but you can easily lose the drivers even with the fastest car.
The trouble is when the number 1 is put out of commission. I am thinking schumacher in 99

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2

Considering you had to go back 14 years to find the trouble with the idea, I don't think its much of a trouble.
I voted for 2 equally treated drivers. I never liked the idea of team orders except when it made the absolute difference in that particular race for the WDC. If there was still the slightest mathematical possibility that beneficiary of the team orders could still lose the championship, IMO they should not be given.
I'm guessing most people who voted for having a clear number 1 and number 2 are Ferrari fans?
I'm guessing most people who voted for having a clear number 1 and number 2 are Ferrari fans?

Why? Do you honestly believe there aren't "clear number 1 and number 2" drivers elsewhere?
Hint: :whistling:Image, :whistling:Image, :whistling:
and the list goes on and on, on and on... :spin:
I never said other teams don't do it. Just that Ferrari fans just accept a clear 1/2 driver situation whereas fans for other teams tend to lean the other way.

Ferrari have had Prost & Mansell together and it is increasingly beginning to look like Raikkonen will join Alonso. If they do team-up, the thinking will be WCC primarily, especially with the untried Ricciardo at Red Bull. WDC will be tougher because the two are likely to take points off each other, but you never know.

See our F1 related articles too!