40%
Renault
No votes
0%
Ferrari
40%
Cosworth
20%
Cosworth is out for me since I never even heard what they sound like by itself..Renault has a flat sound which I don't enjoy, and nothing special about Ferrari. Mercedes has a more piercing sound which I like, almost like an engine about to blow up but never does.

Plus, I'm a biased d!ckhead so I choose Mercedes.
I'll let you know after silverstone.

TV doesn't do it justice, there's a lot of the sound that doesn't come through. Like from the Ferrari 3L V10 there was a low hum from it too that I only noticed when at the race. And there was this wierd low honking noise from the Jordans (not sure if it was the cosworth or toyota) engine when exiting corners but that might've been something to do with the TC. More recently the noise of the engine overrun is far more evident than on TV with the RBs being by far the worst.
Who started this topic! Like seriously have you guys just ran out of ideas.

Next thing you know... "who has the best front wing endplate" or "who has the best dog" or "who has the best pit garage" or "who makes the worst polls on here" :banghead::banghead::banghead:
By LRW

Next thing you know... "who has the best front wing endplate" or "who has the best dog" or "who has the best pit garage" or "who makes the worst polls on here" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe we can have a pole on who posts the most pointless and random posts just to up their post count poll. Or who is the biggest dumbass on here who can't create a signature properly....?

Or maybe if you don't like a thread you can just keep the f*ck out of it and let the guys who do want to discuss it, discuss it......?

This is no place for posts like that. :nono:
So basically I am fired. from this.
By andrew

Why? He's only expressing an opinion!
By LRW

Of course. A troll backed up by a troll. You know perfectly well he isn't just expressing an opinion Andrew he is giving s*** for no reason. The only opinion that he needed to express on this thread is what engine sound he preferred, if he didn't have one he should of shut the hell up.

I'm sick and tired of the duck on this site being arseholes for no reason.
By andrew

Of course. A troll backed up by a troll. You know perfectly well he isn't just expressing an opinion Andrew he is giving s*** for no reason. The only opinion that he needed to express on this thread is what engine sound he preferred, if he didn't have one he should of shut the hell up.

See, this is why people leave. Lack of respect for others opinions. I maybe don't agree with what NHcheese as I think it is a valid topic for an F1 forum, but as a forum user he's entiled to an opinion. That is is blatently obvious point I was making, which you managed to miss.

Anyway, to the topic, I can't vote for any of the offered choices as I think the engines sounded a lot sweeter in the mid-90's. Less screechy and more throaty. Plus, I don't think the TV coverage does justice to the sounds of the engines as it is very rare for the commentators to shut-up for long enough to properly hear the engines.

Now how about you give us your opinion on the topic LRW rather than lambasting others for having the sheer audacity to hold an opinion that doesn't meet with your own.
By LRW

See, this is why people leave. Lack of respect for others opinions. I maybe don't agree with what NHcheese as I think it is a valid topic for an F1 forum, but as a forum user he's entiled to an opinion. That is is blatently obvious point I was making, which you managed to miss.

Anyway, to the topic, I can't vote for any of the offered choices as I think the engines sounded a lot sweeter in the mid-90's. Less screechy and more throaty. Plus, I don't think the TV coverage does justice to the sounds of the engines as it is very rare for the commentators to shut-up for long enough to properly hear the engines.

Now how about you give us your opinion on the topic LRW rather than lambasting others for having the sheer audacity to hold an opinion that doesn't meet with your own.

Andrew you are so annoying. NHcheese doesn't have an opinion. He simply bitched about the topic subject. But of course you ignore this just to try and make yourself look so superior. It doesn't work.

I've already voted.
By andrew
For crying out loud man! Live and let live! The guy offered an opinion that's not really worth having a hissy fit over. How am I trying to make myself look superior by pointing out the obvious? Interesting......
By LRW
For crying out loud man! Live and let live! The guy offered an opinion that's not really worth having a hissy fit over. How am I trying to make myself look superior by pointing out the obvious? Interesting......

Oh my dear lord. You are so f***ing obtuse.

See our F1 related articles too!