Hermann Tilke - His finest circuit?

Which circuit designed by Hermann Tilke is your favourite?

Sepang, Malaysia
39%
Shanghai International Circuit, China
No votes
Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
6%
Marina Bay Circuit, Singapore
No votes
Korea International Circuit, Yeongam
No votes
Buddh International Circuit, India
No votes
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
No votes
Circuit of the Americas, Texas
33%
Istanbul Park Circuit, Turkey
22%
Hockenheim Ring, Germany
No votes

Total votes: 18

What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Re: Hermann Tilke - His finest circuit?

Post by What's Burning? »

The tracks the drivers like to race in tend not to be the tracks that make for good spectating.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

racechick wrote:Austin. Not really a fan of many of his tracks but thought Austin was excellent. Followed by Istanbul Park. That's a great track too.

I agree they're probably the best. And that there is much less freedom available when designing street circuits. but I still think he designs too many corners to be technical tests.

What's Burning? wrote:see my comment up there ^^ in the Grand-Am race, there was lots and lots and lots of passing, a lot also in places where F1 cars dare not pass so it's not the circuit.

Wasn't that also spiced up a bit by the tyre selection for the race?
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

Sepang hands down. Nothing else comes close.
What's Burning?
Banned

According to this pool, two other circuits come close. :D
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

Some people have no good taste whatsoever. :hehe:
What's Burning?
Banned

andrew wrote:Some people have no good taste whatsoever. :hehe:

:headpat: don't be so hard on yourself.
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

What's Burning? wrote:
andrew wrote:Some people have no good taste whatsoever. :hehe:

:headpat: don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm not.
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Post by scotty »

In terms of track layout, driving it on a computer game or whatever, Bahrain is my favourite personally. So i voted that. But it depends on your criteria.

I despise the first corner complexes at Malaysia and China so couldn't vote for them, although Sepang has some awesome corners around the rest of the lap.

China has generally provided the best racing in real life F1 races as a viewer i think. 2006/7/9, 2010/11, all very entertaining races.

All things considered though, my favourite Tilke Track is (surprisingly) not on that list - the A1 Ring!
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

Whaaaaat....the first couple of corners of China are the best! Especially in games, I love the fact you get to just go into it flat out and then brake, brake, brake and the corner is tightening up all the time, it feels awesome when you get it right!
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

scotty wrote:All things considered though, my favourite Tilke Track is (surprisingly) not on that list - the A1 Ring!

:yes:
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Post by scotty »

Hammer278 wrote:Whaaaaat....the first couple of corners of China are the best! Especially in games, I love the fact you get to just go into it flat out and then brake, brake, brake and the corner is tightening up all the time, it feels awesome when you get it right!

I just don't like how it's basically the same as Sepang. I don't personally find very slow technical corners like that fun myself. Rewarding when you get it right yes, but never as fun as a dab of brakes and throw it in at high speed, for me.
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

I'd agree about the first corners in Msia, but China seems to be just that, dab of brakes and you're turning at a very high speed and rapidly braking through the corner...okay, slow exit in the end but you can lose or gain a lot of time there since it's too easy to go wide or stay too close to the inside and lose time. Anyway, it's a unique corner I enjoy in Shanghai.
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

If you're talking of driving them in the games, there's a rhythm or something to the more traditional circuits that the newer ones just seem to lack that lets you get right into them. You can drive the circuits almost subconciously and concentrate more on the racing.
A strange thing happened when I was doing a full GP on Monaco once, when I was finishing I realised I'd been totally unaware of the track for a large part of the race and how I'd been driving round it and the only thing I was concious of was dealing with the other cars, it was quite hypnotic.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
Nin-Chin
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by Nin-Chin »

I love Texas,Malaysia,Turkey.China and Singapore less so,I picked Malaysia
A fan of many forms of motorsport. Also made the first post in 2014 on this forum.
geetface9
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by geetface9 »

sepang 1st for me with china a close 2nd! both are always very entertaining races and i love driving them on xbox360
Not bad for a #2 driver