FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which team has the best driver line-up for 2013?

Red Bull, Vettel & Webber
45%
Ferrari, Alonso & Massa
12%
McLaren, Button & Perez
6%
Lotus, Raikkonen & Grosjean
9%
Mercedes, Rosberg & Hamilton
27%
Sauber, Hulkenberg & Gutierrez
No votes
0%
Williams, Maldonado & Bottas
No votes
0%
Toro Rosso, Riccardo & Vergne
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Most of next year's grid has taken shape now, including all the top teams. Testing isn't far away, and I was just wondering what forum members thought of the driver line-ups for each team next season?

In short, which team do you think has the strongest line up?

BRING ON TESTING!
At first I thought RBR before I remembered Massa was strong in the late stages of 2012 and Alonso was over the moon,I should have voted Ferrari not RBR,but RBR have a better chance anyway
Hands down, Mercedes. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg...it can't get better than that! :drink:

The other teams have weak links, Redbull with Webber (strong for half the season, then starts crashing/spinning), McLaren have Button (I have NoGrip) and we still don't know what Perez is all about, Ferrari have Massa...who is actually quite strong but they want him as a weak link. :hehe: Oh and Lotus has Crashjean, if he starts driving like Kimi, they could start troubling Merc's undisputed position. :)
Last edited by Hammer278 on 30 Dec 12, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
McLaren have taken a step back with losing Lewis they had there chance this year and failed RBR or Ferrari have a better chance even Lotus,I don't get why u voted for McLaren even if they have a fast car
McLaren have taken a step back with losing Lewis they had there chance this year and failed RBR or Ferrari have a better chance even Lotus,I don't get why u voted for McLaren even if they have a fast car

No one in their right mind would vote for McLaren. :hehe:
RBR: MW is always good for a couple wins per season and then mostly places in the points, often high points. By now, he's also become an experienced veteran.
Mercedes: we all know LH is a pretty good driver, fast, but with some flaws. However, NR is still kinda uncharted land in my book: he's never been in a fight for the F1 title, ever, so we don't know how he'd fair under that kind of pressure.
Ferrari: FA is as constant a performer as FM is not, so really depends on what shape sweet little FM shows up in.
McLaren: JB seems to become the FM of McLaren: sometimes blistering fast and capable of winning anything, more often than not however, lost in mid- to back-field battles. SP has potential like a raw diamond - in the words of KR: let's wait and see...

So in conclusion, the above order is probably how I'd put the driver lineups.
If Massa carries his form into next season, then it's Ferrari by miles - they have (i think?) the most wins and experience between the two drivers there. I don't really see why Massa can't keep this level of performance up from this point onwards, but he has managed to do some confusingly bad driving in recent seasons with no apparent explaination, so let's see... :scratchchin:

Mercedes perhaps have the strongest based on general public reputation, but i really don't rate Rosberg all that highly myself, as i have said quite often in other threads over the past few years.

Red Bull, don't need to say much there. Vettel is obvious, and Webber is solid, although perhaps lacking an edge that i think a lot of other drivers have.

McLaren... god knows. Button is too unpredictable, and Perez still seems a little inconsistent.

If Grosjean can just get things under control a bit then Lotus potentially have a really, really strong lineup too. Perhaps not the outright best but it'll be comparable to any other team. But that's a big if.

In terms of future prospects, i am so excited about the lineups at Williams and Sauber.
Voted for Mercedes i have a feeling they might resake the order next season , they had most time for next seasons car, and the driver line-up is more than decent!
Mclaren got rid of Lewis and brought it Perez who is like Jenson soft on tyres that could play out well for them pending on how mature Perez is at this stage.
Ferrari can suprisse me but i doubt they will do better things are not in sync imo, without Alonso they would look lost.
Red Bull are obviously the team to beat, webber is rock solid and Vettel is just special (lol), however will they keep dominating? last year they didnt have the best car!

Looking forward to what Williams can do next season Bottas hes always been very fast and should push Maldonado altho not sure if last named can handle that :o
I voted for McLaren 'cos someone has to. I'm starting to feel sorry for them what with all the hating and wotnot.

Me and bud are still there to cheer them on :)

A lot of Lewis Hamilton fans jumped onboard his train when he started in F1 now that he has left its back to the way it was before his time for McLaren fans. :drink:

As for the vote i picked Mercedes, Hamilton and Rosberg. Followed closely by Redbull.

McLaren's reminds me of when Mika retired and we had DC with a second year Kimi who was at the time an unknown as Perez is now. Perez may just surprise a few people as will Button going by what Pirelli will be bringing next season.
I voted RBR because webber is consistently in the points and vettel consistently wins. However, if massa continues his current trend then he and alonso may be the best pair next season. There's no guesswork with vettel and webber tho so they are (historically) the best lineup.

See our F1 related articles too!