11%
Eric Boullier
No votes
0%
Monisha Kaltenborn
21%
Other
21%
There's been plenty of talk of race winners and star designers (Newey) but who else do you feel deserves a mention?
I was going to vote for the US GP organizers, but they are far from "unsung" they had quite a bit of praise and they delivered a mighty tasty GP, (sold out I might add).

Monisha takes this one by far.
:thumbup:
Nobody ever talks about Bernd Maylander, so in my book, by definition, he's the true unsung hero here. Does a fine job at almost every race (meaning he does a fine job whenever he's coming out in the safety car, which is almost every race :wink: ), but nobody acknowledges his performance really.
Nobody ever talks about Bernd Maylander, so in my book, by definition, he's the true unsung hero here. Does a fine job at almost every race (meaning he does a fine job whenever he's coming out in the safety car, which is almost every race :wink: ), but nobody acknowledges his performance really.

Not strictly true. I'm pretty sure a number of us here see him as the true winner of the 2009 Australian Grand Prix ... :hehe:

Not strictly true. I'm pretty sure a number of us here see him as the true winner of the 2009 Australian Grand Prix ... :hehe:

And he pretty much won this time out at Interlagos! :hehe:
None of these people made much of an impression on me this year. Sid obviously did a lot of great things in his life, but just died this year. Don't feel that warrants him a hero status for 2012. Maybe if this was a "lifetime unsung hero" thread...
Vitaly Petrov...saved the team at the brink of the season which fired his bottom.
I voted for Paul Hembery because he always answers my silly questions about tyres on Twitter.

However I think all the non Williams team members that jumped in to help in the garage fire should get a mention.
However I think all the non Williams team members that jumped in to help in the garage fire should get a mention.

Damn - thats a good one - and if I hadn't already voted, Id have backed you up.

See our F1 related articles too!