Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

F1 FAIL of the Year 2012

McLaren
33%
Mercedes
33%
Ferrari
4%
HRT / Marussia / Caterham (specify below)
No votes
0%
Toro Rosso
No votes
0%
Romain Grosjean
15%
Felipe Massa
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Narain Karthikeyan
7%
Other
7%
By andrew
I never realised that Espn was the F1 Bible.

It would be interesting to see how many votes for McLaren were from fans of one of their drivers. We knows who they roll. :wink:

Fact is McLaren didn't really go forwards but they didn't go backwards. how that is a fail is beyond all reasonable comprehension. A team that states at the start of each year that they'll challenge the big 3 and then just finishes the season 5th is definately a total and utter fail.
By Hansy

It would be interesting to see how many votes for McLaren were from fans of one of their drivers. We knows who they roll. :wink:

Fact is McLaren didn't really go forwards but they didn't go backwards. how that is a fail is beyond all reasonable comprehension. A team that states at the start of each year that they'll challenge the big 3 and then just finishes the season 5th is definately a total and utter fail.

The thing is Mercedes were screwed by their design. Much like Renault in 2011, their key innovation was the wrong basket to put your eggs on. McLaren failed because they SHOULD have won both championships, having the best car and their main driver in a great form, but instead lost out badly, and part of it due to amateurish mistakes. So yes, that accounts for a fail.

Answering your question, I'm not a fan of McLaren; I like Jenson, but in that regard it was mostly his own performance letting him down, Lewis suffered the most.
By andrew
Did McLaren have the best car? Maybe early in the season but certainly not later on. I'd say that the Ferrari and Red Bull were better.

There is no way that you can convince me that McLaren are more of a fail than Mercedes.
I think the 1st half of the season when Mclaren had the better car, just like everyone else they did not understand the tyres. By the time things become stabilized they had lost the edge

Problem is you think you are the F1 Bible. :rofl:

And we know how you roll. Declaring and hating on Mercedes just because the driver you dislike in McLaren has just signed for them.
By bud

And we know how you roll. Declaring and hating on Mercedes just because the driver you dislike in McLaren has just signed for them.

Could flip that, we know why you hate on McLaren... Same reason. You're both the same which is probably why you love each other so much.
I think the 1st half of the season when Mclaren had the better car, just like everyone else they did not understand the tyres. By the time things become stabilized they had lost the edge

Oh they had the edge alright. Even till the end. Problem is they just screw it up themselves and don't make use of the edge. This was the first time they had a car which was best from the outset and the 'so-called fastest team in development' managed to fall behind this time, mainly through team screw ups and mismanagement.

Could flip that, we know why you hate on McLaren... Same reason. You're both the same which is probably why you love each other so much.

I voted for Romain Grosjean on this poll. So maybe you need to take a step back and eat your words buddyboy.
By andrew

I don't think I do. I just like to state my opinion and couldn't give a crap if it's contrary to the the majority.

Since when have I hated on Mercedes? Never! You convieniently overlook the fact that I am a fan of both Rosberg and Schumacher and have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Ros Brawn. Right from day 1 I have wanted Mercedes to succeed however (as previously stated elsewhaere) I have grown disappointed with their underperformance. Given the stability in the rules for 2013 and without any major changes on the design team I don't see their fortunes changing too much in the short term. If this is hating then we have varying definitions of the term.

So go ahead and claim that I am hating or whatever wild theories you care to invent but do so in the knowledge that you could not be more wrong in your accusation.

Happy trails. :wavey:

You're both the same which is probably why you love each other so much.

Hows that psych 101 evenng course going? :rofl:

I don't think I do. I just like to state my opinion and couldn't give a crap if it's contrary to the the majority.

Since when have I hated on Mercedes? Never! You convieniently overlook the fact that I am a fan of both Rosberg and Schumacher and have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Ros Brawn. Right from day 1 I have wanted Mercedes to succeed however (as previously stated elsewhaere) I have grown disappointed with their underperformance. Given the stability in the rules for 2013 and without any major changes on the design team I don't see their fortunes changing too much in the short term. If this is hating then we have varying definitions of the term.

So go ahead and claim that I am hating or whatever wild theories you care to invent but do so in the knowledge that you could not be more wrong in your accusation.

Happy trails. :wavey:

What in the world makes you think that your opinion has more credibility than anyone else, let alone majority?
By andrew
I never said that it has any more credibility than anyone elses. I said that I state what I think irrespective of if it goes against the grain. That's all.
That's fair enough when you put it that way. Problem is sometimes it looks to me as if you try and push your thoughts through as if they have certain credibility.
By bud

I voted for Romain Grosjean on this poll. So maybe you need to take a step back and eat your words buddyboy.

Oh my mistake, must be some other poster continually hating on McLaren... What was your Christmas present again? :P

See our F1 related articles too!