Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

F1 FAIL of the Year 2012

McLaren
33%
Mercedes
33%
Ferrari
4%
HRT / Marussia / Caterham (specify below)
No votes
0%
Toro Rosso
No votes
0%
Romain Grosjean
15%
Felipe Massa
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Narain Karthikeyan
7%
Other
7%
By Hansy
Mercedes was going backwards in the races right from the get-go; China was kind of a fluke. Their performance did drop off dramatically however, specially if you look at their early qualifying pace.

McLaren do take the cake, though. Starting with the best car and keeping that status for a big part of the season, and (aside from Button's mid-season slump) with drivers performing at a good/great level, they managed to lose to both Red Bull AND Ferrari in the WDC and WCC, which considering how terrible Ferrari started the season, it's an incredible achievement.
Mercedes have been trying and failing for three years now, they're not quite up to the standards of Mclaren which are much more experienced at it.
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! what clown has just voted Mclaren over Mercedes. :spin: Ye gods and little fishes!!!
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! what clown has just voted Mclaren over Mercedes. :spin: Ye gods and little fishes!!!

:confused:

I think that was meant to be Merc over McLaren :P

I think that was meant to be Merc over McLaren :P

Yes it was :rofl::rofl:
By LRW
This surprises me.

Mercedes have been disappointing over the last 3 years, have only won one race, have ruined the legacy of one of the sports greatest legends (ok, I'm pushing it a bit now) BUT they still manage to convice one of the best drivers of on the grid to sign with them for 3 years. I would call that far from a FAIL.
By bud
This surprises me.

Mercedes have been disappointing over the last 3 years, have only won one race, have ruined the legacy of one of the sports greatest legends (ok, I'm pushing it a bit now) BUT they still manage to convice one of the best drivers of on the grid to sign with them for 3 years. I would call that far from a FAIL.

good point, where is the option of Lewis joining Mercedes as Fail of 2012?
By LRW
This surprises me.

Other...

You are not very good at these Poll things are you :wink:
By bud
This surprises me.

Other...

You are not very good at these Poll things are you :wink:

Unless I cannot read, I think other is other... not Lewis Joining Mercedes. :) Which being a "fail of the year" contender warrants its own option.
By LRW
Unless I cannot read, I think other is other... not Lewis Joining Mercedes. :) Which being a "fail of the year" contender warrants its own option.

Bud - see opening post:

Which driver or team disappointed you the most this season?

I appreciate that this is a topic of much debate. If you don't agree with what's on the list, select "other" and explain below. There's only room for 10 options!

So I think your opinion fits nicely in 'Other'...

See our F1 related articles too!