Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

F1 FAIL of the Year 2012

McLaren
33%
Mercedes
33%
Ferrari
4%
HRT / Marussia / Caterham (specify below)
No votes
0%
Toro Rosso
No votes
0%
Romain Grosjean
15%
Felipe Massa
No votes
0%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Narain Karthikeyan
7%
Other
7%
Which driver or team disappointed you the most this season?

I appreciate that this is a topic of much debate. If you don't agree with what's on the list, select "other" and explain below. There's only room for 10 options!
Mercedes without a shadow of a doubt; I expected much more from Brackley after winning the Chinese Grand Prix.
Grosjean showed speed. Mercedes won their first race.

HRT still pants.
By scotty
Which driver or team disappointed you the most this season?

Because of the wording on your actual question, i therefore voted Mercedes. If you'd asked this question at the halfway point the McLaren pitcrew would surely have won this. But Mercedes, a real wtf season. The car looked amazing at the start of the year, literally amazing as it flew around in Melbourne. The direction change on that car was brilliant. And of course they won convincingly in China. But what the hell happened? It became the blind leading the blind, almost every weekend, with no one seeming to know why the car was caning its tyres, with setup excuses constantly being made mid season, but no real solution ever apparently being found. Considering their resources that is just a ridiculous thing to happen. They failed to get a grip on the Pirelli's where generally the other teams in the front half of the field did.
McLaren. Threw away both championship and a top line driver. :thumbdown:

No, they didn't, Jenson is still there... :P

Sorry, couldn't resist!

:hehe:
I was going to put Red Bull for Abu dhabi quali but it didnt exist so I went for mclaren for this
[youtube]ZEW9dZeGMHU&feature=g-all[/youtube]

which got excluded :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: it was a great lap

No, they didn't, Jenson is still there... :P

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Yeah, that's what I mean... :P

neither could I
This is going to be close between McLaren and Mercedes... with Grosjean in hot pursuit! :scratchchin:
By Ichabod
I've voted Mclaren because I feel that they threw away 2 championships this year where as Mercedes only threw away having a top three finish at best
I've voted Mclaren because I feel that they threw away 2 championships this year where as Mercedes only threw away having a top three finish at best

Same sentiment...Mercedes probably over performed at the start which makes their 2nd half stint look pathetic, but maybe its a combination of going completely the wrong route with the DDRS. Apparently their front wing style F-duct severely limited front end developments since the front wing provided little basis to work with without hurting their DDRS system.

See our F1 related articles too!