0%
Daniel Ricciardo
5%
Sergio Perez
30%
Romain Grosjean
No votes
0%
The thing about "rookie" of the year, is that 2012 was the debut season for only TWO drivers... Jean Eric Vergne and Charles Pic.

To make the poll more interesting, I've included all drivers who're relatively recent, in that they haven't completed more than 2 seasons in F1.

They're still on a learning curve, after all!
I think everyone underestimated Pic but he did quite well i thought, and fully deserves to stay in F1 for another season. And save for Raikkonen, has the most proven team mate of any driver on that list, and he stacked up pretty well against Glock. I purposefully ignored voting for the non true rookies cause it's an unfair comparison.
I'm going for Charles Pic; impressed much more than Vergne in my view, beyond that, I'd say it's between Perez and Hulkenberg.
Of the two proper rookies, I have to say Pic. He's done a good job this season.

From that entire list, it's a bit tougher. Hülkenberg has definitely driven more like a driver who has been around for many years, but the raw pace that Grosjean has shown has been nothing short of incredible, he's just let himself down with so many incidents. Pérez had a good season too, although he was pretty shaky towards the end. So I'd go for Hülkenberg overall from the list.
The thing about "rookie" of the year, is that 2012 was the debut season for only TWO drivers... Jean Eric Vergne and Charles Pic.

To make the poll more interesting, I've included all drivers who're relatively recent, in that they haven't completed more than 2 seasons in F1.

They're still on a learning curve, after all!

Out of them 2 it is Pic. Vergne didn't do anything the previous sacked Toro Rosso drivers didn't.
I had to keep it to the rookies, it's an incredibly unfair to compare drivers that have had two seasons under their belt.
I'm picking Pic, cos he's a real rookie And he's cute. Oh and I think he did well :P
Ricciardo also counts as a proper rookie, because this was his first full season in F1...

But Pic did incredibly this year.... Incredible could sound a bit over the top, but consider, he actually survived void that is Virgin/Marussia racing, and has been promoted to a (slightly) better team...
Ricciardo also counts as a proper rookie, because this was his first full season in F1...

But Pic did incredibly this year.... Incredible could sound a bit over the top, but consider, he actually survived void that is Virgin/Marussia racing, and has been promoted to a (slightly) better team...

Indeed, I think it's a massive achievement. He did what Lucas Di Grassi and Jerome D'Ambrosio failed to do... spend a year in F1 with a team which gives you next to no chance of exposure... and progress!

Well done that boy! :clap:

Well done that boy! :clap:

I reserve judgment on 'that boy' until I see scientific evidence of the presence of a y-chromosome in its DNA profile :eek:
:D:whip:

See our F1 related articles too!