0%
Sauber
17%
Williams
4%
Toro Rosso
No votes
0%
Caterham / Marussia / HRT (specify below)
4%
Red Bull are certainly on a roll, but did any other team impress you this season?
By scotty
Probably a little bias from me here but i thought Sauber were utterly remarkable, the car was very, very quick at some tracks, which is a great job by them when you consider the size of the teams they were fighting against. Their best ever season in F1, and four fully deserved podiums - they were unlucky not to get more (see Spa).
Sauber finished 4th in 2001, 5th in 2002 and have finished 6th in 2012, 2004, 2003 and 1998.

Different times. :)

I think I agree with scotty, although I have to say that Red Bull's development following the summer break was definitely impressive.
HRT they did so much and made a good showing with so little. I respect them for having a go on a shoe string. Plus I find it sad that a team has folded an no one seems to care.
Red Bull; after a shaky start, came back strong to take both championships... maybe Adrian Newey should have been an option!
HRT they did so much and made a good showing with so little. I respect them for having a go on a shoe string. Plus I find it sad that a team has folded an no one seems to care.

Agree with you there, Jabbers :yes:
Sauber were pretty impressive, though Red Bull development clearly the best.
By scotty
Sauber finished 4th in 2001, 5th in 2002 and have finished 6th in 2012, 2004, 2003 and 1998.

This season i am fairly sure they got more podiums than all the other seasons you have listed there, combined. In fact from 1998 to 2011 (inclusive) as Sauber, they only scored 3 podiums. Says it all. :wink: I think in their entire history in F1 they only got about 6/7 podiums before this season. The pace was geniunely there at times this year, like i mentioned, Spa, 2nd and 5th on the grid was very good and completely on merit.
Certainly between Red Bull and Sauber, I think with Sauber, their car really suited some circuits, especially the more high speed lower down force ones, so a personal best for them indeed. However it's hard to argue with a three time consecutive WCC and Red Bull is the team to beat, period.
I'm really torn between Sauber and Red Bull. Red bull won both championships, they're way ahead of the field, so I feel I should vote them.....but, it would be nicer to vote Sauber, because I like the Sauber lady and I was sad that time they were on the front row and got taken out. I'll have to sleep on this one.
it would be nicer to vote Sauber, because I like the Sauber lady

You can vote for her directly in the "unsung hero" poll.
it would be nicer to vote Sauber, because I like the Sauber lady

You can vote for her directly in the "unsung hero" poll.

Oh great! I've not been in that one yet! I'm off there now :gone:

See our F1 related articles too!