No votes
0%
Timo Glock
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
And Lewis had six...........plus a load of crap that hampered his position in other races.. He's easily the best this year.
And Lewis had six...........plus a load of crap that hampered his position in other races.. He's easily the best this year.

Lewis also had the fastest car of the field for much of the year, I would have liked to see Lewis in a Ferrari this season against Alonso, to see if Alonso/Hamilton are still equal six years on!

Lewis also had the fastest car of the field for much of the year, I would have liked to see Lewis in a Ferrari this season against Alonso, to see if Alonso/Hamilton are still equal six years on!

So did Jenson.

We all agree that Alonso drove fantastically, but RC shouldn't take heat for her contention on this one, I'm looking forward to mnmracer's what if thread, because no one lost a bigger points haul or retired from races while in the lead that Lewis.

He took a shitload of criticism last year for his wreckless driving, and with the exception of the Maldonado incident,(and even that's debatable) there was not a single other incident that was questionable or that lead to a retirement like last year. He drove a flawless season, often making his tires last just as long or more as his conservationist team mate, but he drove that flawless season in a flawed car. Even when McLaren had their mid year slump, Lewis was still putting the car on the podium or coming in high in the points while Jenson was often outside of the points. Does that sound similar to what Alonso was doing with the car when Massa was struggling?

Before Austin, Lewis went out on Sunday with a mechanically defective car for FIVE races in a row! The thread asks about the best racing drivers, not the guy that was sitting int he fastest car. I voted for Alonso because of that.
I think Alonso takes the win for this one...simply for his Lap 1 starts.
I feel we have an obligation to DQ Maldonado, win or not. Dude caused way too many crashes this season.

He did learn a lot tho. By the 2nd half of the season he was off the radar as far as wrecks go, and grosjean wasn't :rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!