57%
McLaren are a pretty creative team....so this time my guess would be:

If Lewis rocks it in P1:
Sudden loss of setup and crap pace in P2

If P3 is good:
Gearbox failure

If Lewis is still ahead of JB in qualifying:
Option of 'modifying' the front suspension/another pull rod issue

If Lewis is still ahead of JB in the race (unlikely since NoGrip has found some grip since Lewis signed for Merc):
Pitstop problem. (how's that for creative!) :P
more like what new far fetched excuse will Lewis fans make in India. I mean ffs fans of motorsport should be above this, claiming reliability issues as a deliberate act by a team to hinder one of their own is just utter nonsense. Fans know this about motorsport, fanboys don't seem to.

Very true.

Very true indeed.

Should there be a thread for Schumacher seeing as he's leaving Merc and suffered terrible luck this season or how about one for Perez about how he won't be given a chance next year at McLaren? I think your thread the other day was in vain Lew.

Oh but seeing as it's meant as a joke.......
oh Andrew!!! you didn't even vote :( . You disappoint me.
I have been thinking about that and maybe (pulling on flame suit) Lewis has been pushing the car more because he wants that championship and has not been as caring with it as he would normally be and this is causing the failures. I believe it is something that Sir Moss did as well.

Win or blow the car up trying.
I have been thinking about that and maybe (pulling on flame suit) Lewis has been pushing the car more because he wants that championship and has not been as caring with it as he would normally be and this is causing the failures. I believe it is something that Sir Moss did as well.

Win or blow the car up trying.

This reminds me of the 2005 "Kimi is blowing his engines", 1998/1999 "Mika is blowing his engines", our latest edition is "Hamilton is breaking his suspensions".

Funny how McLaren have such fragile cars which the drivers need to nurse all the time.
I mean things like taking a bit more kerb, putting a bit more load on the tires etc etc...

the 1998 McLaren was the 1st Newey car, and they are always fragile until the team catches up with his needs. Think how unreliable the 2007 Red Bull was.
well if yo usaid you had voted and the number of votes has not changed then you have not voted.

I said I hadn't voted after it was assumed that I hadn't, not before. :wink:

I thought Racechick was maybe able to view IP addresses being a mod and could tell who had voted and who hadn't.

There wasn't an option that appealed to me like "nothing".

How do you know who votes? Kind of defeats the reason of an anonymous poll.

No conspiracy Andrew, like Jab says, if votes stay the same, you've not voted :P

No conspiracy Andrew, like Jab says, if votes stay the same, you've not voted :P

There you go on about conspiracies again!
I mean things like taking a bit more kerb, putting a bit more load on the tires etc etc...

the 1998 McLaren was the 1st Newey car, and they are always fragile until the team catches up with his needs. Think how unreliable the 2007 Red Bull was.

These cars are designed to absorb those impacts. If they get damaged in the process of using the full extent of the race track, the car is simply not good enough.

There you go on about conspiracies again!

no, I was discounting them before you started. conspiracies are your department.

See our F1 related articles too!