McLaren takes both championship
No votes
0%
Ferrari takes one championship
27%
Ferrari takes both championships
No votes
0%
Why isn't Raikonnen in contention, he's got more points than Lewis, maybe not for a double (Certainly not the WCC with Grosjean) but still!

Cause that car cannot win races any more, it lacks the couple of tenths that make the difference. It's very disappointing really, the DRS upgrade just isn't working and has wasted a lot of development time in the process. Standard Lotus (Renault), always falling back throughout the season... But that said, i am still very happy with how this season has gone for Raikkonen. He's stuck a huge middle finger up to a lot of people who said he was completely and utterly done.

The DRS upgrade isn't a complete waste... it's the only type of DRS enhancement that will be allowed under next year's regulations.
Why isn't Raikonnen in contention, he's got more points than Lewis, maybe not for a double (Certainly not the WCC with Grosjean) but still!

Cause that car cannot win races any more, it lacks the couple of tenths that make the difference. It's very disappointing really, the DRS upgrade just isn't working and has wasted a lot of development time in the process. Standard Lotus (Renault), always falling back throughout the season... But that said, i am still very happy with how this season has gone for Raikkonen. He's stuck a huge middle finger up to a lot of people who said he was completely and utterly done.

The DRS upgrade isn't a complete waste... it's the only type of DRS enhancement that will be allowed under next year's regulations.

I must be fuzzy on the details cause i was sure that such systems will be banned?

I must be fuzzy on the details cause i was sure that such systems will be banned?

Only double DRS deployments that use the primary DRS function to serve a secondary (even if passive) drag reducing device is banned. The Lotus device is completely passive and doesn't rely on the primary DRS.
Interesting. I really must read up on this, kinda out of the loop. Cause Red Bull now have a Mercedes style system, correct? And they suddenly found a lot of speed in the last 2 races having been kinda nowhere before.

This is encouraging looking towards next season though, if Lotus have a trick system that will still be legal.
Interesting. I really must read up on this, kinda out of the loop. Cause Red Bull now have a Mercedes style system, correct? And they suddenly found a lot of speed in the last 2 races having been kinda nowhere before.

This is encouraging looking towards next season though, if Lotus have a trick system that will still be legal.

Yeah, that's the reason. I'm not sure if Scarbs has a write up on it, but I've just picked up bits of news about it here and there and it explains why they've continued working on it for so much time. You know everyone will show up to the grid with one though, it's just that the one on the Lotus will be much more refined. Or at least IT BETTER BE! :hehe:
Go back prior to Spa, and I would've said McLaren looked good for the WCC. But there's been a series of unfortunate events, and that is looking less likely. Unless McLaren's dwindling fortunes get a boost, then there's no other way than RBR for both.

Ferrari are completely out of it now. I think...
Redbull deserve the WCC (fastest car + least f*ckups), and Vettel has driven very well this year to get the WDC. He's had to deliver some fighting on some tracks and has done it perfectly when the occasions have called for it, so good on him I guess.

I'm hoping Ferrari overtake McLaren in the WCC as well since McLaren deserve squat from their embarrassing display this year with a great package from the outset.

A bit harsh :D

Yeah, that's the reason. I'm not sure if Scarbs has a write up on it, but I've just picked up bits of news about it here and there and it explains why they've continued working on it for so much time. You know everyone will show up to the grid with one though, it's just that the one on the Lotus will be much more refined. Or at least IT BETTER BE! :hehe:

And Steve Matchett also mentioned it being legal next year because it's completely passive.
So far the poll tells us tat most think another double is in the cards for Red Bull and the Tifosi are clearly more optimistic about their chances with Alonso for a championship than the McLaren fans are about their chances of Lewis and Button outscoring Vettel and Webber.
So far the poll tells us tat most think another double is in the cards for Red Bull and the Tifosi are clearly more optimistic about their chances with Alonso for a championship than the McLaren fans are about their chances of Lewis and Button outscoring Vettel and Webber.

To be fair though, Alonso is currently leading the WDC with Vettel second but Redbull are leading the WCC with McLaren second.
I feel Alonso's chances have been dealt a massive blow at Suzuka. Let's face it, he needs the points advantage, because his car isn't great. Having said that, it always seems to end up on the podium.... even in the hands of Massa. Hmmmm.
I feel Alonso's chances have been dealt a massive blow at Suzuka. Let's face it, he needs the points advantage, because his car isn't great. Having said that, it always seems to end up on the podium.... even in the hands of Massa. Hmmmm.

That's because Alonso makes it a point to try and convince everyone the car is crap and he's a Demi God, when in reality, it's been a podium contender since Barcelona.

They keep saying they have wind tunnel problems but it hasn't stopped them from being a contender for most of the season.

That's because Alonso makes it a point to try and convince everyone the car is crap and he's a Demi God, when in reality, it's been a podium contender since Barcelona.

It's hardly a winner though, and I feel Suzuka's loss of points could be crucial in the championship. Alonso's going to struggle now, if Vettel remains consistent.

See our F1 related articles too!