McLaren takes both championship
No votes
0%
Ferrari takes one championship
27%
Ferrari takes both championships
No votes
0%
So after last year, it's once again good to be down to the end of the season with both the WCC and WDC in contention. Realistically, given the momentum the WCC is going to be between McLaren and Red Bull. The WDC is slightly more open, and although Ferrari can still pull a rabbit out of a hat, the likelihood is that it's Red Bull's one again to loose... but will they? With McLaren strong, and Red Bull having found an extra burst of speed with their double DRS, I think Ferrari's hopes dim but yet somehow through it all they're still in it and Massa has woken from his two year slumber.

So let's see what this pole tells us. You get 2 votes.
I suppose the hope is, if Massa can show pace, imagine what Alonso can do in the car.

Really though, Ferrari need magic updates or Massa needs to take out Vettel.

Vettel and Redbull for both, Alonso's done well so far, but the car just isn't fast enough, and Ferrari don't have the areo-upgrade capability.
I dont think Ferrari will win many more - but I think McLaren will - just enough to help Alonso win the title - and RB to pick up the constructors.

( i messed up my vote though, and accidentally picked Ferrari will win one, and RB will win both. Doh!)
I dont think Ferrari will win many more - but I think McLaren will - just enough to help Alonso win the title - and RB to pick up the constructors.

( i messed up my vote though, and accidentally picked Ferrari will win one, and RB will win both. Doh!)

Had Alonso not retired that would be an option, but the points gap is too small, Alonso has to actively finish in front of Vettel now, not damage limitation with the largest points scores being collected by a third party, which is pretty much the only way Alonso is in the lead in the first place, aside from great driving in the wet.

Had Alonso not retired that would be an option, but the points gap is too small, Alonso has to actively finish in front of Vettel now, not damage limitation with the largest points scores being collected by a third party, which is pretty much the only way Alonso is in the lead in the first place, aside from great driving in the wet.

And I think Alonso will still finish in front of RBs.

And I think Alonso will still finish in front of RBs.

I see, your more optimistic than I am.

Ha ha - If I was optimistic, I would believe LH was going to win every race for the rest of the season.... oh no, sorry, that's not optimistic - thats just delusional! :hehe:

I just don't want a 3 in a row WDC. I have nothing against SV winning his 3rd - just not this year.

You are probably right though, and Seb will probably be hard to beat now. But who knows - it was only a couple of races ago that a lot of us thought Alonso had it all but in the bag

Ha ha - If I was optimistic, I would believe LH was going to win every race for the rest of the season.... oh no, sorry, that's not optimistic - thats just delusional! :hehe:

I just don't want a 3 in a row WDC. I have nothing against SV winning his 3rd - just not this year.

You are probably right though, and Seb will probably be hard to beat now. But who knows - it was only a couple of races ago that a lot of us thought Alonso had it all but in the bag

I wouldn't be surprised if FA has a comeback and leads the pack swinging from Austin on... :eek:
Think Red Bull will take em both. I would have liked to see someone different take the driver's this year, Alonso or even Hamilton would have been welcome for me, just to mix things up a bit. But now, i can't see Hamilton catching Vettel and Alonso doesn't really have the car to match Vettel over all remaining races (funnily not that dissimilar to 2006 in that respect, the way things are now). I think it'll go to the wire this year though.
Redbull deserve the WCC (fastest car + least f*ckups), and Vettel has driven very well this year to get the WDC. He's had to deliver some fighting on some tracks and has done it perfectly when the occasions have called for it, so good on him I guess.

I'm hoping Ferrari overtake McLaren in the WCC as well since McLaren deserve squat from their embarrassing display this year with a great package from the outset.
Why isn't Raikonnen in contention, he's got more points than Lewis, maybe not for a double (Certainly not the WCC with Grosjean) but still!
Why isn't Raikonnen in contention, he's got more points than Lewis, maybe not for a double (Certainly not the WCC with Grosjean) but still!

If he was included in the poll would you have voted for him to win the WDC?

Cause that car cannot win races any more, it lacks the couple of tenths that make the difference. It's very disappointing really, the DRS upgrade just isn't working and has wasted a lot of development time in the process. Standard Lotus (Renault), always falling back throughout the season... But that said, i am still very happy with how this season has gone for Raikkonen. He's stuck a huge middle finger up to a lot of people who said he was completely and utterly done.

See our F1 related articles too!