FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who wins in the Lewis/McLaren shakeup.

Lewis Hamilton won because he got what he wanted.
9%
McLaren won because they'll be a better team after the Lewis era.
13%
Merceces GP wins for luring Lewis to their cause.
20%
Ferrari wins because their biggest WDC competition is weakened.
13%
Red Bull wins because their biggest WCC competition is weakened.
4%
Sergio Perez is the big winner really.
33%
Button wins, because he's now the leader of McLaren.
7%
I think Perez and Button are winners.

I think that McLaren are an overall loser though when it comes to the teams. Button and Perez are the most strategic racers out there. Tbh I liked their driver lineup before... You had Mr. Speedy-but-focuses-too-much-on-the-car-in-front-of-him and Mr. Slow-but-calculative-and-focuses-on-the-overall-big-picture-of-the-race.

It was like McLaren had a two-fold race plan... If plan A didn't work out, chances are plan B with driver 2 would be in for the win.

I think that Perez and Button are too much alike and McLaren seem to lose that speedy edge and two pronged attack. I think this will work well for Button though, now that he has a driver who is a bit more similar to him, I think the car will be more suited to him and Button will be more of a force for the next couple of years...
but at least Mclaren can build a car around the calculating approach to racing. Need 100% reliable and better on tires etc

But they've built next years around Lewis being in the team. oops.
with Perez in a high flying team, he might bring his 'never change tires' attitude and easily win races because he's in the fastest car doing less pit stops than everyone else.
but at least Mclaren can build a car around the calculating approach to racing. Need 100% reliable and better on tires etc

But they've built next years around Lewis being in the team. oops.

Whilst this may be the case, they have a few extra months to adapt the design, whereas it may have caused them a little more trouble if this announcement had come in September (and even then, the 2010 car probably wasn't designed much with Button in mind and he still had a good season, so...). I don't see this being a major issue for them.
Perez wins. By large. I voted for only 1 option.

Mclaren gets some money to spare, plus money in. A low maintenance driver. They can design their car in one direction.

Lewis gets more money. A fresh start. More opportunity for sponsors. I think he's looking fwd to being the David Beckham of F1.

Mercedes wins some attention. I don't think they'll remain being that big team to which everyone is indifferent to......

The rest of the teams don't win much. Ferrari's competition for WDC has been Vettel for a couple yrs now and it seems this yr as well. As a team, Mclaren usually do pretty good, and I think when Massa is putting up decent numbers they're be closer. So this is more up to Ferrari/Massa to improve. Switch Massa for Webber and the same applies to RBull.

See our F1 related articles too!