FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who wins in the Lewis/McLaren shakeup.

Lewis Hamilton won because he got what he wanted.
9%
McLaren won because they'll be a better team after the Lewis era.
13%
Merceces GP wins for luring Lewis to their cause.
20%
Ferrari wins because their biggest WDC competition is weakened.
13%
Red Bull wins because their biggest WCC competition is weakened.
4%
Sergio Perez is the big winner really.
33%
Button wins, because he's now the leader of McLaren.
7%
So... now that we've said almost all there was to say. Here's a little Sunday poll to see where it all stacks up. You gt THREE choices, use them wisely. Please, feel free to elaborate your answers, and let's keep this as simply an opinion based thread, no one is right or wrong, simply an opinion and let's not chastise anyone por favor.
So... now that we've said almost all there was to say. Here's a little Sunday poll to see where it all stacks up. You gt THREE choices, use them wisely. Please, feel free to elaborate your answers, and let's keep this as simply an opinion based thread, no one is right or wrong, simply an opinion and let's not chastise anyone por favor.

You're EEEvillll! :hehe:
McLaren win because they have 2 drivers with a similar driving style which should be better for developing the 2013 car.
Button wins 'cos he has a driver that will be singing on the same hymm page to him.
Based on Mercedes past and current form Hamilton loses but I'm sure the extra cash makes up for it.
Perez wins 'cos he's in what should be a front running team.
I think Mercedes and Ferrari win as well, I'm not saying Mercedes will do well now, but they got a good driver suitable for marketing too. Ferrari because I think as Hamilton's pace was fast and damaging Alonso's WDC, whereas to some extent it helps Vettel to have Hamilton ahead of Alonso.

Perez obviously.
The number of threads relating to Lewis is insane. Just shows his marketability at present. :thumbup:

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that we can't tell if Lewis has won or lost yet, but McLaren have certainly lost. NoGrip as their lead driver and Perez who has some brilliance behind the wheel but still an unknown quantity compared to Hamilton.
Well, the jury is out on Mclaren and Lewis' success will depend largely on what Merceres does. My votes were cast for Ferrari, Red Bull and Perez, which short term are the only clear winners, the Magic 8 ball is hazy on the other choices.
Well, the jury is out on Mclaren and Lewis' success will depend largely on what Merceres does. My votes were cast for Ferrari, Red Bull and Perez, which short term are the only clear winners, the Magic 8 ball is hazy on the other choices.

Wow, we're in agreement - I picked the exact same 3...
I believe that Sergio Perez is the biggest winner, moving from a midfield team to one of; if not the fastest cars on the grid. I also believe that McLaren are also winners because I believe Button and Perez to be similar drivers and McLaren won't miss all the controversy that cames along with Lewis Hamiliton, who I believe will be disappointed with Mercedes in the end, especially if the engine changes are scrapped.
You could really tick every option. None are mutually exclusive. Hamilton gets a payrise, Alonso and Red Bull now face a less than focused opposition, Perez gets his dream seat, McLaren have a driver pairing for next year which seems to suit their management style and Mercedes get a better replacement for Schumacher.

EDIT: Forgot Button who I don't really think cares too much about whether or not he's team leader.
I think Button cares about it quite a lot and has been angling for it since he joined McLaren, But is he a winner? Not necessarily, Perez may be unable to set the car up well and he can no longer copy Hamilton.

Alonso is a winner, clearly. Top driver out of top car.

Mercedes is a winner, top driver into its car.

Perez is a winner, into a top car.

I guess thats my three, if I could choose a fourth Id say Hamilton is a winner becuase he becomes his own person and will feel happier. He may help Mercedes to victories, thats a gamble, but he will have tried. At Mclaren he was getting nowhere.

See our F1 related articles too!