15%
I am a Merc fan, and don't want Hamilton
No votes
0%
I am a Merc fan, and want Hamilton
2%
I am not a fanboy/girl
29%
I just love the way that Lewis delivered the only title McLaren have won in the last 13 years... so he must have designed, built and setup the 2008 car while all the engineers and mechanics sat back drinking tea! :rolleyes:

:hehe:
I just love the way that Lewis delivered the only title McLaren have won in the last 13 years... so he must have designed, built and setup the 2008 car while all the engineers and mechanics sat back drinking tea! :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No. He was damn lucky there!! they dont let him get involved in anything technical....that said they were pretty keen to get hold of his set up data this year when Mr. Button was all at sea.

No. He was damn lucky there!! they dont let him get involved in anything technical....that said they were pretty keen to get hold of his set up data this year when Mr. Button was all at sea.

Button wasn't at sea, it was Button's mechanics, and engineers that weren't doing their job. :twisted:

Anyway, just to get this thread back online... has anyone noticed that no one seems to think they're a fan boy/girl? :hehe:
I didn't pick that option. I'm a Hamilton fanboy by default then i guess :blush:

Everything that is written on forums and news sites is pure speculation, we don't know what really happened behind closed doors at McLaren. I hear people taking about how Lewis won the only McLaren title in thirteen years, but when it's not going so well, it's McLaren's fault, it supposedly a team sport, you win as a team and lose as a team.

No one said Lewis did the work by himself. It's just the probability of this team winning WDCs is pretty crap, since the worrying thing for them is even if they DO manage to get their cars right, they still struggle to win championships due to various team f*ckups, strategy, reliability, whatever. Other teams normally win.

Everything that is written on forums and news sites is pure speculation, we don't know what really happened behind closed doors at McLaren. I hear people taking about how Lewis won the only McLaren title in thirteen years, but when it's not going so well, it's McLaren's fault, it supposedly a team sport, you win as a team and lose as a team.

I know you cant believe all you read, but generally there's no smoke without fire, as we've found out with Lewis' move to mercedes.
But the data incident was not speculation it was a direct quote from Lewis.

I arrived at work to find all the Mclaren engineers (except my own one ,Andy ) huddled around a table with Button and my data. they were looking at it in minute detail to see where Button was loosing out to me.
Lewis has a face on him sometimes, cant hide feelings, but he doesnt 'call' the team in public, doesnt whinge. So I think he was pretty pissed about this.
An therein lies the biggest disadvantage McLaren will have due to the loss of Lewis. They no longer have a yardstick as to which they can measure/improve Jenson. If this year wasn't a clear example of that, I don't know what is.

Either Heikki didn't have the right contract or he knew what was best for the team.
Late here, but I think the only winners in this deal are Perez and Mercedes.

I don't get why Lewis thinks Merc are capable of delivering a top car. They've been suffering with the same problems the last two years.

I also have to wonder if maybe McLaren will have an easier time with development and setups because their drivers, Button and Perez, will have fairly similar driving styles, as opposed to polar opposites (Hamilton and Button).

So then McLaren are a winner, too by your logic? Plus they saved a sh!tload of money by signing Perez (who probably brings even more money in).

No, I still wouldn't call them a "winner" at this point. I think that's just the silver lining from their point of view as I see it.

Perez has potential, though. Only time will tell.

No one said Lewis did the work by himself. It's just the probability of this team winning WDCs is pretty crap, since the worrying thing for them is even if they DO manage to get their cars right, they still struggle to win championships due to various team f*ckups, strategy, reliability, whatever. Other teams normally win.

Screwup's happen in all teams, the reason that McLaren are singled out more is because they have the highest profile driver in F1, Lewis Hamilton in one of their cars. It's more about perception than anything else I believe, I am willing to bet that Mercedes mistakes will be highlighted more next season. When I hear comments like "Lewis Hamilton has delivered the only title for McLaren in 13 years", that comes across as Lewis being the savour of McLaren and they'll never win anything without him. Lewis Himself has made mistakes in a solid car that possibly cost him championships as well. It''s six of one, half dozen of the other. as I said, win as a team, lose as a team, it can't be any other way!

Screwup's happen in all teams, the reason that McLaren are singled out more is because they have the highest profile driver in F1, Lewis Hamilton in one of their cars. It's more about perception than anything else I believe, I am willing to bet that Mercedes mistakes will be highlighted more next season. When I hear comments like "Lewis Hamilton has delivered the only title for McLaren in 13 years", that comes across as Lewis being the savour of McLaren and they'll never win anything without him. Lewis Himself has made mistakes in a solid car that possibly cost him championships as well. It''s six of one, half dozen of the other. as I said, win as a team, lose as a team, it can't be any other way!

Take it easy MOA, Lewis isn't God. :P

Jokes aside, out of the front running teams I've seen only McLaren make such laughable mistakes. I watch Ferrari and Redbull very closely during races and race weekends as well, since Lewis' biggest rivals drive for them and I have not seen the kind of screwups which McLaren have made time and time again.

Which season has Lewis had the best car and not won the WDC? I just remember him having a solid car in 2008 (Ferrari were as quick throughout) and won it, just. Even that was almost a screwup by McLaren thanks to loading up the car full of fuel by being so conservative that Lewis dropped back to a precarious position before the rain came. If you're talking about 2007, Lewis had a puncture in China (team forced him to stay out since "they were racing Alonso but never mind if we get a puncture!" lol) and in Brazil God knows what happened to the car during the first few laps! Haters say Lewis punched the limiter by accident, some people say it was electronics, Ron Dennis just called it an 'electronic glitch'.
Ferrari have made a error by giving Massa his most recent contract, it has been a bigger mistake than Mcalren as they have lost out to McLaren in the WCC since 2009, and probably will this year too.

At anyrate, Lewis went to Mercedes, not Ferrari or Redbull.
Take it easy MOA, Lewis isn't God. :P

Finally, the truth comes out! :P:hehe:

Jokes aside, out of the front running teams I've seen only McLaren make such laughable mistakes. I watch Ferrari and Redbull very closely during races and race weekends as well, since Lewis' biggest rivals drive for them and I have not seen the kind of screwups which McLaren have made time and time again.

Red Bull may not have made pitlane mistake but have had a lot of reliability issues with alternators and KERS failures.

Which season has Lewis had the best car and not won the WDC? I just remember him having a solid car in 2008 (Ferrari were as quick throughout) and won it, just. Even that was almost a screwup by McLaren thanks to loading up the car full of fuel by being so conservative that Lewis dropped back to a precarious position before the rain came. If you're talking about 2007, Lewis had a puncture in China (team forced him to stay out since "they were racing Alonso but never mind if we get a puncture!" lol) and in Brazil God knows what happened to the car during the first few laps! Haters say Lewis punched the limiter by accident, some people say it was electronics, Ron Dennis just called it an 'electronic glitch'.

I never said he had the best car; I said that he has had crashes on years where winning the title was a possibility, 2010 springs to mind, one race that springs to mind is Hamilton crashing into Webber in Singapore, which cost Hamilton a possible podium finish! If Hamilton had finished, say third, that'd be an extra 15 points, which would mean that he would have gone into the last race only nine points behind... actually just worked out the figures, so never mind, Vettel still would have won by one point... guess I was thinking about 2011's crashes and smashes!

See our F1 related articles too!