FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will Lewis Hamilton leave McLaren at the end of this season?

Yes, he'll leave McLaren
32%
No, he won't leave McLaren
32%
I don't know
20%
I don't care
16%
This is all hot air
No votes
0%
Guess who is away to join Mercedes as a non-executive chairman?

Niki Lauda! :thumbup:

Has this been confirmed?

It's expected to be confirmed shortly.

I thought the Lewis fans hated Niki, or he hated Lewis or something.

Niki doesn't hate Lewis, but has more than likely sent criticism in his direction in the past. But few drivers have got off lightly when it comes to Lauda! :hehe:

The LL's say that Niki Lauda hates him but it is simply not true going by his comments. Constructive criticism and advice does not equal hate in the real world.

Niki Lauda is famous for not mincing his words and in an age of PC madness and namby-pamby considerations of feelings and other such nonsence, he should be congratulated not vilified.

Has this been confirmed?

Niki doesn't hate Lewis, but has more than likely sent criticism in his direction in the past. But few drivers have got off lightly when it comes to Lauda! :hehe:

The LL's say that Niki Lauda hates him but it is simply not true going by his comments. Constructive criticism and advice does not equal hate in the real world.

Niki Lauda is famous for not mincing his words and in an age of PC madness and namby-pamby considerations of feelings and other such nonsence, he should be congratulated not vilified.

It has been mentioned that Lauda will be joining the Mercedes team though he hasnt confirmed this.
Last year he called lewis dangerous, whilst in the past he has defended Schumachers style of driving and admitted that in his own time he used to drive cars off the road when out of site of cameras. I dont like hypoctites. I'll reserve further judgement on him until I see if he actually is going to Mercedes and then how he works with Lewis.

Has this been confirmed?

It has been mentioned that Lauda will be joining the Mercedes team though he hasnt confirmed this.
Last year he called lewis dangerous, whilst in the past he has defended Schumachers style of driving and admitted that in his own time he used to drive cars off the road when out of site of cameras. I dont like hypoctites. I'll reserve further judgement on him until I see if he actually is going to Mercedes and then how he works with Lewis.

Thanks for repeating what I just said!

Niki Lauda is not a hypocrite. If you think about it you'll realise that different things were allowed during his time, same as different things were allowed during Schumachers heyday same as nothing is allowed thses days. Plus you have to consider that the cars are a hell of a lot faster now and are therefore more dangerous.
I think you'll find I posted the link with the lauda news way back, so if we're playing silly buggers thanks for repeating what i indicated a while back.

Saying Lewis is dangerous when he'd previously admitted he drove drivers off the road...at a much more dangerous time in F1, is hypocritical.
ou miss the point as you did the last time we had this discussion. You cannot compare the antics of the 70's to the antics of now in F1 or any sport. Rules have changed and what is considered acceptable is dramatically different. Basically what Niki Lauda said is what they used to do in his day is no longer considered acceptable. That doesn't make him a hypocrite!
Surely the cars are now the safest they've ever been, regardless of speed they have greater capability to safely deal with the extra force to the extent that it outweighs the cars being faster.
They died then. It was way more dangerous.
But was it? Surely the cars being a lot faster now means that F1 is more dangerous now? However, aside from this, times have changed and what was accetpable in the 70's is no longer acceptable today. that's what Niki Lauda was saying. Doesn't make him a hypocrite to say that. It's a statement of fact.
But was it? Surely the cars being a lot faster now means that F1 is more dangerous now? However, aside from this, times have changed and what was accetpable in the 70's is no longer acceptable today. that's what Niki Lauda was saying. Doesn't make him a hypocrite to say that. It's a statement of fact.

Between '52 and '94 there were 30+ deaths in F1. Since '94 there have been no deaths. And you argue NOW is more dangerous! :rolleyes:

You'd argue black is white. Its so dull and tiresome.

Between '52 and '94 there were 30+ deaths in F1. Since '94 there have been no deaths. And you argue NOW is more dangerous! :rolleyes:

Same could be said about you chief!

But do you not see my point? Faster surely is more dangerous.

As always, if you don't like it, don't read it. :wavey:

Same could be said about you chief!

As always, if you don't like it, don't read it. :wavey:

I wouldn't say so, it's not the speed per say, it's the force due to object impact, that is the real risk, and thanks to ever stricter crash testing, advanced barriers etc, that force is now being better managed so as to not injure people. Surely safety is defined in the risk of injury, which I'll roughly define for F1 as the risk of unacceptably high force on a person.

If the design of cars had stayed the same, and got faster, then yes you'd be right. But they havent. So you are wrong in your blinkered view of things.

See our F1 related articles too!