FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will Lewis Hamilton leave McLaren at the end of this season?

Yes, he'll leave McLaren
32%
No, he won't leave McLaren
32%
I don't know
20%
I don't care
16%
This is all hot air
No votes
0%
To be honest I think that this is fine where it is; in the polls section, I'll let it stand, although there isn't too much to say that hasn't already been said in the other thread!

But that said, here's my two cents worth! Reading everything that I have read concerning Lewis Hamilton on his choice of teams, I believe it's a done deal, McLaren wants to pay him substantially less than his existing salary while alledgedly Mercedes have offered him £45m over three years, plus another £15m in sponsorship deals over that time period, plus undisputed #1 status, which begs the question about Rosberg staying at Mercedes; I don't see the German being happy about being Hamilton's #2!
To be honest I think that this is fine where it is; in the polls section, I'll let it stand, although there isn't too much to say that hasn't already been said in the other thread!

But that said, here's my two cents worth! Reading everything that I have read concerning Lewis Hamilton on his choice of teams, I believe it's a done deal, McLaren wants to pay him substantially less than his existing salary while alledgedly Mercedes have offered him £45m over three years, plus another £15m in sponsorship deals over that time period, plus undisputed #1 status, which begs the question about Rosberg staying at Mercedes; I don't see the German being happy about being Hamilton's #2!

NR ≈ FM
which begs the question about Rosberg staying at Mercedes; I don't see the German being happy about being Hamilton's #2!

Ok.... So Paul DiResta as No.2....?

I don't see that making the German any happier :(
which begs the question about Rosberg staying at Mercedes; I don't see the German being happy about being Hamilton's #2!

Ok.... So Paul DiResta as No.2....?

I don't see that making the German any happier :(

I actually meant kick nico out and have Paul as Lewis's #2?
Reading everything that I have read concerning Lewis Hamilton on his choice of teams, I believe it's a done deal, McLaren wants to pay him substantially less than his existing salary while alledgedly Mercedes have offered him £45m over three years, plus another £15m in sponsorship deals over that time period, plus undisputed #1 status, which begs the question about Rosberg staying at Mercedes; I don't see the German being happy about being Hamilton's #2!

NR ≈ FM

Do you know something that we don't? Is Massa moving to Mercedes?
Only one person thinks he'll leave McLaren so far. Another interesting point of discussion. How many people who currently support Lewis / McLaren will follow Lewis to a new team if he were to leave?

I personally, will still remain a fan of McLaren. I tend to follow teams rather than drivers. So I won't be following Lewis.
Only one person thinks he'll leave McLaren so far. Another interesting point of discussion. How many people who currently support Lewis / McLaren will follow Lewis to a new team if he were to leave?

I personally, will still remain a fan of McLaren. I tend to follow teams rather than drivers. So I won't be following Lewis.

I think he will leave McLaren if he finds that the WDC is a lost one this year...basically giving it maybe another 3-4 races before making anything official.

And yes, I would support Lewis wherever he goes...although I have a soft spot for McLaren as a team (they've featured all my fav drivers so far) they have made some bonehead moves like kicking out DC for an erratic JPM, hiring Alonso (ugh that was horrible), and now Whitmarsh is no Ron Dennis who I still see as the real McLaren boss. Whitmarsh in my eyes is still the sidekick who is a stand in for RD, and a big softie surviving in a top team simply because the organization is so strong and transitioned so well after RDs departure and the fact that he's keeping an eye on it.

I would start to support Mclaren.

See our F1 related articles too!