FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will Schumi stay onboard for 2013

Yes
64%
No
36%
By alexa220278
Hi guys, This question is doing my head in and i hope some of you guys can answer it for me? Ater Bernies comments on Sunday do you guys think Schumacher is leaving at the end of this year???? :(:(:(:(
By f1ea
Hi guys, This question is doing my head in and i hope some of you guys can answer it for me? Ater Bernies comments on Sunday do you guys think Schumacher is leaving at the end of this year???? :(:(:(:(

Maybe you can start a poll
By stonemonkey
Bernie likes to play games and he never got to where he is today by letting things slip by accident.
By Nin-Chin

Maybe you can start a poll

I will
By zurich_allan
I hope not. For the simple reason that it's been really bugging me the past couple of seasons that Mercedes just aren't getting the job done and giving him a decent car. I would love to have seen what he could do in a car with the relatively consistent speed of the Red Bull, McLaren or at times Ferrari where we know that the car is capable of winning (aside from the one oddly competitive race they had when Rosberg won). As it is, we just don't know how good (or not) he still is and so the question will go forever unanswered if he retires before that opportunity to race in a truly competitive car comes along. :(

A team such as Mercedes really should be doing better and are doing Schumacher a massive disservice by just not stepping up to the plate.
No, he isn't going anyway in that Mercedes I think, if they were looking to produce a good car next year than I think Schumacher will stay so as to have a chance at winning races again and showing his ability.

He's been incredibly magnanimous, I think he's just running down the clock. And Bernie is always right, though prone to lying.
Merged these 2 threads.

For me, i am really not sure either way. I personally would like to se another driver get the chance in the car like one of the Force India drivers, but do enjoy having Schumacher on the grid for old times sake.
I've said from the first year that a graceful "out" for him would be team ownership. Mercedes pulls out and you have Brawn Schumacher Mercedes GP.
I'm not really sure at all. I was never a huge fan of his, but it's sad to see that his career in F1 could potentially peter out like this. Imagine seeing him fighting at the front with Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonen and Button! :cloud9::cloud9:
I wouldn't be surprised if they were not on the grid next year in their current guise.

A sensible guess would be that they give it one last hairy arsed, balls out, take a deep breath and think of Germany, throw all caution to the wind, sod the consequences shot next year seeing as the engines reg's are not changing until 2014.

See our F1 related articles too!