60%
They'll end up on equal points
No votes
0%
Don't know
No votes
0%
By LewEngBridewell
It's getting closer at Grove. Maldonado with 29 points (this includes a win) and Senna on 24.

Which of these two lads will end up with the most points, come the end of the season?

VOTE. DISCUSS.
in the 10-6 points systems this wouldn't be nearly as close.

But Sir........... your prediction???? :D
By myownalias
I think Senna will narrowly beat Maldonado by claiming seventh to tenth place finishes while Maldonado runs in the top six before spinning, colliding or getting penalties for dodgy driving!
By LRW
I do think Maldonado has more talent and SHOULD score more - but i believe he will not change this season, and Senna will consistently pick up the few points here and there, and sweep past him...

(MOA just beat me to it)
By myownalias

But we haven't used this system for some time, come on old man, get with the times... ;)

(MOA just beat me to it)

I think that most will have this opinion, Maldonado is too much of a crash kid while Senna is reliable but not as fast!
By andrew

But we haven't used this system for some time, come on old man, get with the times... ;)

It was the best system though.

Sadly the cars are too reliable and an extended points system is what we now have to endure. :irked:
It basically boils down to whether he's got another podium finish in him this year? It takes a lot of 7 through 10th places to equal a podium finish. This is a 50/50 gamble in my opinion. Senna is just too far back in Qualifying and it's killing him.
By f1ea
Maldonado is faster. If he keeps the crashing to a minnimum, he should collect more pts than senna.
By zurich_allan
I don't agree that Maldonado is faster, although I'm not saying that he's not.... if that makes sense...

To explain. Senna beat Maldonado in GP2 fair and square, and actually would have beaten him by a much bigger margin if it weren't for him suffering from both bad luck and bad stewards decisions.

Maldonado has a lot of the time been fighting for positions a couple of places ahead of Senna, but then he's mosty been qualifying substantially higher. But this isn't as simple as it looks. With one exception - Monaco - Senna has had to sit out FP1 at every race this year, which is a lot of track time, set-up and strategy time etc. lost. As such, it's no surprise to me that come qualifying, Maldonado is a couple of places higher up.

By race time however, their pace is by and large equal, it's just that due to qualifying, they are often racing different people.

As I've said before, and will say again, if and when they are racing on even terms (i.e. Maldonado having had 15 hours more opportunity of track time than Senna this season already - that is the reality, and would make a difference!), then it's easier to make a fair comparison.

As a result of all of the above, I find it very difficult to make an easy decision one way or the other...
By racechick
Senna. Pretty much what Zurich_allan said. He never gets to drive on a Friday which is damaging his quali. By race day he's on it. Even with this disadvantage he's almost the same points as Maldonado.

See our F1 related articles too!