FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will be the F1 2012 World Drivers Champion?

Fernando Alonso
26%
Mark Webber
6%
Lewis Hamilton
40%
Sebastian Vettel
20%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
3%
Romain Grosjean
3%
Jenson Button
3%
Other (please state in comment below)
No votes
0%
]conveniently avoiding the fact that Hamilton has had the major brunt of it this season.

If you are talking cockups then no doubt Hamilton has lost out big time.

Read my freaking posts in future thanks. That would be more convenient for us all.

Well, I figured you meant Hamilton cockups, not McLaren.

Take it easy, seems I struck a nerve with my posts and I do apologize. :wink:
You struck a nerve with your inability to read :hehe:

Or your inability to have clarity in your posts. :hehe:
voted lewis as figured he might need some support in this poll, but then i see hes storming it lol!

This must be an old poll, can i suggest a new one for the mid season break?

Personally i think Alonso is fave, then Vet/kimi, and hamilton and webber are the outsiders imo

Hope im wrong tho :)
Not quite sure why you see Webber and Hamilton as outsiders compared to Vettel and Kimi, there's only 8 points between them and out of the four of them Vettel is the one letting things get to him. The problem with any of them catching Alonso is that there's going to have to be one clear leader out of those four and while the Lotus is looking like it could fight for some wins I don't think they're capable of that just yet. So I kind of see it the other way round but I think it's going to be close between them making it difficult for any one of them to close up on Alonso.
I've yet to still vote on this. Alonso is going to be a tough catch, but not beyond the possible by any means. The thing is that he's not had a finish outside the points since Canada 2011. Not a single DNF since then and not a single race outside the points. Unless he has a DNF (or two) this year if things go as they have with alternating winners at every GP, then he's going to be tough to unseat from numero uno.
Err..I think Hamilton deserved it more in 2010, especially over Webber...who took him out in Melbourne and Singapore! Webber threw it away himself at the Korean GP!

Anyway....I think Alonso is WDC this year, barring a miracle where only Hamilton is capable of matching his consistency until the end. It remains to be seen if McLaren can match Ferrari's.
I'm not sure, we have to see if Ferrari's poor pace in Hungary was simply due to the nature of the circuit, and Ferrari still have a big development plan.
Alonso's consistency has been paying dividends, but I think most of the earlier season mistakes will now have been ironed out by the other contenders.
Err..I think Hamilton deserved it more in 2010, especially over Webber...who took him out in Melbourne and Singapore! Webber threw it away himself at the Korean GP!

Anyway....I think Alonso is WDC this year, barring a miracle where only Hamilton is capable of matching his consistency until the end. It remains to be seen if McLaren can match Ferrari's.

I don't remember much of Hamilton's performance in 2010,to be honest.But those times,as I saw the whole team was for Vettel and almost against Webber(when I said that then,some people didn't like it!) ,take the incidents in Turkey and Silverstone.Despite all those things going on inside RBR,he battled well IMO.He might have done some mistakes but if it wasn't for the team not favoritisming,he would have had more points.And wasn't taken to the pit first in Abu Dhabi.
Not quite sure why you see Webber and Hamilton as outsiders compared to Vettel and Kimi, there's only 8 points between them and out of the four of them Vettel is the one letting things get to him. The problem with any of them catching Alonso is that there's going to have to be one clear leader out of those four and while the Lotus is looking like it could fight for some wins I don't think they're capable of that just yet. So I kind of see it the other way round but I think it's going to be close between them making it difficult for any one of them to close up on Alonso.

Webber is outsider because he has seb as a teammate

Lewis is because of the points gap

IMHO :)

edit : and i think kimi has a great chance if the lotus can continue to develop at this rate last race i belive lotus had the fastest car
Not quite sure why you see Webber and Hamilton as outsiders compared to Vettel and Kimi

I couldn't agree more. Given the joke of an article we were talking about over in the Lewis thread it's pretty clear that for most, it's difficult to remove the bias, for or against someone and it often comes across as laughably illogical or irrational.

Right now the wave of enthusiasm for the Lotus camp is en vogue, yet the team has yet to win a race and half the time they fail to get a tire strategy right. We've seen a number of teams shoot to the top only to be overtaken within two GPs. The only reason Red Bull leads is because they're the only top team to have both drivers consistently score points. This GP season is still up in the air and even the Tifosi know not to begin celebrating.

See our F1 related articles too!