FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will be the F1 2012 World Drivers Champion?

Fernando Alonso
26%
Mark Webber
6%
Lewis Hamilton
40%
Sebastian Vettel
20%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
3%
Romain Grosjean
3%
Jenson Button
3%
Other (please state in comment below)
No votes
0%
Hamilton 5 votes ahead of wait for it.......ALONSO!! :eek::D

Alonso, 23 POINTS ahead of...... wait for it...............

Both his race wins were dominant huh, kinda tells the story of this seasons tyre lottery. The first guy to win two races hasn't even had pole. Alonso's been lucky so far!

Alonso has had some fortune. But that doesnt make the tyre issue a lottery, even the fact Ferrari screwed up Canada shows luck is somewhat relative... Just because the results have been "interesting" doesnt mean the other winning drivers were just lucky.

But, in any case, at least your agument makes much more sense than the "5 votes" to measure awesomeness :)

don't go cheering too much the other way though, it's one DNF away from making things relatively even again. Personally I hope this season comes down to the final race once again. It will help to erase the nightmare that was the 2011 season.
don't go cheering too much the other way though, it's one DNF away from making things relatively even again. Personally I hope this season comes down to the final race once again. It will help to erase the nightmare that was the 2011 season.

hehe no worries. I'm not even cheering yet. The "leading" post was only an answer to the "votes" comment.

Thing is... its way too even and unpredictable at the moment. If anything, i'd say Red Bull looks to be starting to pull ahead performance wise, so for anyone to challenge them it seems they're going to have to be pretty mistake-free AND lucky for the remainder of the season.
wow - people have actually seriously voted for Webber? :hehe:

YES!!
:headbang:

And I was the other!

:eek: You showed me your :boobies: AND voted for webber as WDC 2012??....

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I think I'm in love everybody :cloud9:

:hehe:

Everyone, seems we all need to buy a hat!!!

(G9, just don't give this one your credit cards)

YES!!

And I was the other!

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I'll only give her one :P
Alonso had been very very lucky this season, when he has been in the lead the cars behind him have, for the majority of the time, been slightly faster; they just never catch him because either the other car has something that goes wrong (pit stops, breakdowns, traffic etc.) And ferraris strategies are better, excluding canada, but their pit stops are just incredible, but that still doesn't prove why massa isn't a contender.
Alonso had been very very lucky this season, when he has been in the lead the cars behind him have, for the majority of the time, been slightly faster; they just never catch him because either the other car has something that goes wrong (pit stops, breakdowns, traffic etc.) And ferraris strategies are better, excluding canada, but their pit stops are just incredible, but that still doesn't prove why massa isn't a contender.

I truely believe massa is no longer a contender due to the big-fuck-off spring that went through his skull.

He seems to have lost his edge since then. And regardless of what he says, I think he has been psychologically scarred by the incident. (and i dont blame the bloke. I wouldnt want a spring shoved through my skull at circa 290kph.)

He seems to have lost his edge since then. And regardless of what he says, I think he has been psychologically scarred by the incident. (and i dont blame the bloke. I wouldnt want a spring shoved through my skull at circa 290kph.)

Well then he needs to man up, but surely being a highly intelligent f1 driver he knows the risks and should just push them to the back of his mind, like Webber in Valencia.

Well then he needs to man up, but surely being a highly intelligent f1 driver he knows the risks and should just push them to the back of his mind, like Webber in Valencia.

I think it's a sub-concious thing....

I think it's a sub-concious thing....

[youtube]aZyRkVzEwQ8[/youtube]

I don't know if there's more of this on youtube but they're talking about their crashes, Moss said that when he was recovering he thought he could still race but when he got back in the car he found he couldn't, Hammond has had problems ever since too.

YES!!

And I was the other!

I'll only give her one :P

:rofl:

I'll always be a Button fan & of course, I would love him to win the WDC again. Above all, I'm an F1 fan & I do think Webber has a championship in him, he's a great driver & very consistent. So far the season has been a corker & it will hopefully continue in that way, leaving us all gripped to the very end. 8-)
Lewis for me, though it's dependent on Mclaren uping their game, they've squandered too many points without which Lewis would have a substantial lead. Still he's the best driver out there and if anyone can pull it off its him.

YES!!

And I was the other!

.. Dont forget Bud too..... But he'll probably vote when no ones's watching :D
Lewis for me...

Really I'm shocked; I was sure you'd vote for Alonso! :hehe:

I don't believe Lewis would be far out in the lead; he maybe vying for the lead; I don't believe he would have been dominating even without the lost points!
I voted Vettel now. If I could be bothered to open this thread a couple of races ago it would have been Alonso who I'd vote for, and before that Button.

Never will I imagine Hamilton winning a title again. Sorry guys. I've changed a lot from being hammy08. He needs to convince me more than winning the championship come the last corner of the last lap of the last race.

Although, I will admit, rewatching the Spa 2008 race re-instilled some passion in me that Hamilton was so badly ripped off that year... But then Massa was unfortunate the race in Hungary is so vividly in mind of his engine blowing up on the second last lap...

Both of my new F1 buddies are tipping Hamilton to win the title this year, however...

See our F1 related articles too!