FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will be the F1 2012 World Drivers Champion?

Fernando Alonso
26%
Mark Webber
6%
Lewis Hamilton
40%
Sebastian Vettel
20%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
3%
Romain Grosjean
3%
Jenson Button
3%
Other (please state in comment below)
No votes
0%
Not quite sure why you see Webber and Hamilton as outsiders compared to Vettel and Kimi

I couldn't agree more. Given the joke of an article we were talking about over in the Lewis thread it's pretty clear that for most, it's difficult to remove the bias, for or against someone and it often comes across as laughably illogical or irrational.

Right now the wave of enthusiasm for the Lotus camp is en vogue, yet the team has yet to win a race and half the time they fail to get a tire strategy right. We've seen a number of teams shoot to the top only to be overtaken within two GPs. The only reason Red Bull leads is because they're the only top team to have both drivers consistently score points. This GP season is still up in the air and even the Tifosi know not to begin celebrating.

Dont get me wrong i like webber i would much prefer him to win than his gimp of a team-mate :P but i cant see him beating seb over the championship season, again just my oppinion hope he proves me wrong :)
The new McLaren comedian has let loose:

Jenson Button is unwilling to play second fiddle to Lewis Hamilton at McLaren this season as he has yet to write off his own title chances.

"I personally feel that until I can't win the championship there is a chance, you really do never know. But, I am also a team player and it is very important for the team to win the Constructors' Championship and that is one of our biggest aims this year.

"The last few races have been very good for the team, I got a second and Lewis got a win. I feel that the upgrades on the cars for those races have really, really helped us. I think it was great before this summer break having those results because coming back the team are going to feel really confident - particularly the mechanics and the guys doing the pit-stops who are doing a wonderful job. I think it will make a big, big difference when we come back and race in Spa."

It's tough for anyone apart from Alonso to win the WDC from here on in...but Mr Confidently NoGrip still thinks he has what it takes to wrest it away from Alonso. Of course, this stance would be just his last shred of defense against McLaren asking him to be what he is born to be - No.2.

See our F1 related articles too!