FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will be the F1 2012 World Drivers Champion?

Fernando Alonso
26%
Mark Webber
6%
Lewis Hamilton
40%
Sebastian Vettel
20%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
3%
Romain Grosjean
3%
Jenson Button
3%
Other (please state in comment below)
No votes
0%
Right folks, eight races into the season and we still have no idea who will be champion come November! :eek::D

Is anyone brave enough to hazard an early guess???? :twisted::twisted::twisted:
It's amazing when you think about it, but anyone in that list except for Button could win it and I don't think we'd be too surprised!
I voted Alonso purely cause i think he's by far the best and most consistent driver and he has a point cushion. But really it's dependent on how car performance changes, and that are much harder to predict. So this is more of an educated guess than a prediction.
I would like Alonso or Kimi to take it, as I like it when a driver not in the best car on the grid can stay out in front, and Alonso is so consistent that if anyone can, he can.

However I actually chose Hamilton on the list there as I think if (and it is a big if) McLaren can actually sort out their pit and setup issues then he's best placed to catch and overtake Alonso. If the team can do a good job for a few races then Hamilton can deliver the results that matter.

Similar for Vettel of course, but his car for some reason is nowhere near as bulletproof as it was last year in terms of either pace or reliability, it seems quite inconsistent.

So why did I go for Hamilton over Vettel? Well it's the car itself for Vettel that seems to be the issue from time to time, whereas more often than not it's the team errors for Hamilton. To me it's easier to overcome the team issues than those directly attributable to the car.

So for me, again not really a prediction but an educated guess.
Anyone got a dartboard and a blind fold I can borrow?

That's about as accurate as anyone can be.

That's what makes it all so intriguing! :yes:

Hamilton currently leads...
I picked webber :D I ain't no fair weather fan :twisted:

:hehe: You took that one to heart didn't you? I think Webber winning this year would not be a difficult off season around here in 2013.

For now, I'm reserving my vote as choosing a winner here would be almost as effecting as choosing a winner in our pool game and that hasn't gone very well for may of us so far this season.
I picked webber :D I ain't no fair weather fan :twisted:

:hehe: You took that one to heart didn't you? I think Webber winning this year would not be a difficult off season around here in 2013.

For now, I'm reserving my vote as choosing a winner here would be almost as effecting as choosing a winner in our pool game and that hasn't gone very well for may of us so far this season.

Indeed I did :P

I'm thinking I should write all the drivers names down on separate pieces of paper and draw them from a hat after I mix 'em up real good. Maybe I'll do better that way!! :rofl: I'm gonna reserve 4th place for webber every time though, cuz I think he's only had three results that weren't 4th place. The 7th in canada, the win in monaco, and 11th at catalunya! :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!