FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Can Mercedes be challenging for both titles come the end of the season?

I think Mercedes will take at least one of the titles
4%
They will win more races but not challenge for the titles
67%
I think they will fade away as the season goes on
15%
I don't see them being able to repeat this performance
15%
If Merc can stop screwing Schumacher to make Rosberg look good then they could be a contender. So much conspiracy this season. :hehe:

I'm sure whitmarsh had something to do with it too cuz, you know, both teams have the name 'mercedes' in it :rofl:

maybe he wants rosberg to replace lewis :yikes::yikes::yikes:

queue racechick!! :wink:

:whip::hehe:
I think either of the drivers could take a win, but the championships-no.
So 6 people called it... i wonder who voted that they'd win any titles! I said they'd get another race win, which i guess was close in Monaco but apart from that, nothing to show from them.

Yeah, all the convenient 'analysis' to help Schumi's reputation this year, couple of other drivers could be on 120-130 points right now if not for their bad luck.

LOL at this post though, like i'm a Schumi fanboy. :rolleyes::rofl:
Yeah...I don't think that comment was aimed at you per say, but I never thought he was doing an amazing job at any point during the year. Lots of bad luck yes, but he's not the only one....probably his best feat in his 3 year stint was equaling Rosberg this year in head to head qualifying.
I voted for "fade away...". Just as it did then, it still seems the tires continue to be their achilles heel, especially at warmer GP's. I just don't understand how they can still be struggling with that after two years of data. Seems to me that they should divert money they dump into gizmos like double DRS back into understanding and preserving tires.
I voted for "fade away...". Just as it did then, it still seems the tires continue to be their achilles heel, especially at warmer GP's. I just don't understand how they can still be struggling with that after two years of data. Seems to me that they should divert money they dump into gizmos like double DRS back into understanding and preserving tires.

Maybe they know the reason, but the fundamental issue of the chassis incorporating their DDRS has allowed them few options to rectify it.

Hamilton mentioned "every team gets lost in their development once in a while" when asked what he feels about Mercs crappy performances....he's had a talk with Brawn reg this for sure, and there's definitely a simple explanation to it.
Id love to see these guys fight for the top. having the big three fight this year the way they did was pretty exciting but if merc can break into this group as well as lotus (which i think they both can do, they had the car just not the development) will make for a hell of a year. to have 5 teams fight for the championship would be a great spectacle
Personally I just can't wait for Merc with Brawn and Lewis show how mistaken all the naysayers were...I was positive about them being challengers in 2014, but the more I think about it the more I feel they could give a real punch in those faces starting March 2013. Brawn managed to get a bankrupt team to a WDC, he's now claimed to have everything in place for them to make the impact and 2013 is the time to show what all the talk was about. Not necessarily Championships, but a few race wins at least.

See our F1 related articles too!