FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Raikkonen or Grosjean in 2012?

Raikkonen
83%
Grosjean
17%
By andrew
It's a Finnish thing, I'm sure. Mika Hakkinen was of a similar nature in terms of on-track performance. However, I think it is fair to say that Raikkonen seemed to loose interest and rarely came accross as happy in what must be the very staid environment of Ferrari and McLaren. Cut to WRC and it was a totally different Raikkonen who was regularly seen enjoying himself. Hopefully the environment of Renault/Lotus is more to Raikkonens' liking and we see some top-notch performances from him.
By scotty
Who rammed into the back of Adrian Sutil in Monaco? Who lost it in a heated battle at Spa and put it in the wall? Who put it in the wall at Singapore? You missed those.

All fair points but my own points definitely still stand that is undeniable! :wink:

Licking ice creams and slouching round the paddock in shorts while everyone else is focussed (red flag, Sepang '09) is another indicator of fading interest when all is not as good as it could be.

Yet the guy still won a race and got multiple podiums in a poor(ish) car that year, kinda contradictory to that theory, that is my point. He was already out of the race at Sepang then anyway so it's a moot point...
Maybe this has the potential to be a microcosm of the Rosberg/Schumacher situation in Mercedes.
I would just like to clarify, that in the process laying down of my opinion, I started to appear very critical of Raikkonen. When in fact, I hold him in the highest regard as a racer. I just think there are times when not all cylinders are go, which as scotty says, given his results, could actually be a compliment as well as detrimental. :)
By McLaren
I went for Grosjean ,always thought kimi was overated.He chucked titles away.I think they've signed two very inconsistant drivers for this season.So really anything could happen.
Both capable of good drives,it's just which one turns up with the right head on the most :D

See our F1 related articles too!