Jenson Button
36%
Lewis Hamilton
47%
It's impossible to predict!
17%
By f1ea
Other than Mercedes.... Lewis is actually pretty tight on teams

Teams can be as tight as they want with drivers but he's got a nice gig with McLaren right now, they're able to give him a car that wins races (if not dominantly) year after year. What more can a driver ask for? Ferrari and Red Bull would jettison their number two's so fast your head would spin if there was a chance he's go drive for them.

Guess we'll see. Jenson and diresta would be a mclaren team i'd cheer for... For 2nd place.

You're so cute... you'd rather root for that pairing for second, than the current pairing for first. Why make things harder on yourself right?

Tight on teams IF he wants to leave Mclaren. But in fact, tight on teams might even mean, he should stay in Mclaren....

But you're right Button/dResta would only warrant 1 place in cheerhood... so that'd make it for 3rd.
By Revvenge
WB is right. Seb has had some mighty sulks and episodes this year. Some have bordered on ridiculous. Throwing the toys out of the pram in both Sepang and Hockenheim didn't put him in a good light at all. :nono:

If anything, Vettel has learned from Hamilton. :P

I always thought Alonso was the big sulker.
By vaptin
WB is right. Seb has had some mighty sulks and episodes this year. Some have bordered on ridiculous. Throwing the toys out of the pram in both Sepang and Hockenheim didn't put him in a good light at all. :nono:

He's changed quite a lot with Ferrari it seems from about the time he declared he'll win the championship in 2010, been taking everything stoically since then.
By racechick

He's changed quite a lot with Ferrari it seems from about the time he declared he'll win the championship in 2010, been taking everything stoically since then.

They've all done it, and some a lot more than others. But its fashionable to call out only Lewis for it.
By vaptin

They've all done it, and some a lot more than others. But its fashionable to call out only Lewis for it.

I will defend Alonso's honour, he's been very good recently on track and off it.
By racechick

I will defend Alonso's honour, he's been very good recently on track and off it.

Yes he has. And both he and Lewis always fight clean on it.
Ross Brawn: "Hello Lewis, fancy joining our Mercedes team? We took over the reigns from title-winning Brawn, and have subsequently underachieved consistently for three seasons. We've ruined the comeback of the most garlanded world champion ever, and we've done nothing to elevate the career of Nico Rosberg from the mediocre depths of his Williams days. We've never come close to beating McLaren, and to be honest, we don't look as if we will be doing so any time soon. We're a manufacturer team, and will no doubt be finished with F1 in the next few years. Come! Join us! And watch the rest of the paddock laugh at you".

:beans:
By racechick
Ros Brawn:
Hello Lewis. I have a little proposition to put to you. I'm looking for an outstanding driver to build a team around like I did at Benneton and Ferrari with Schumacher. I cant promise you immediate championships but if you're in it for the long term we'll give you the tools to do the job. You will be the face of Mercedes worldwide and your salary will reflect this. Mercedes will remain in F1 for at least the length of time you sign up for. In 2014 we will withdraw engines from all other front running F1 teams. We are already working on the implications of the reg changes. You wil have your own dedicated team of engineers.

There is another side to it Lew. It's sad how things have gone at Mclaren. But lewis has to look at the bigger picture.

Merely pointing it out, everyone can make.. I mean has already made up their own minds.
By f1ea
And i'll defend Lewis for a change.

Lewis rarely whines. He may not have a totally seemingly cool head like Jenson; but more often than not his comments get taken out of proportion because he is more careless about how he talks to the media. Doesnt mean the others arent probably thinking the same he is, they're just more mature in how they issue statements, and thats the problem; people will not be calling hin out for a whine... they ussualy call him for misteps, including driving mistakes.

Vettel can do a whine here and there, or jenson or whoever; but that is definitely less problematic than some of the other stuff has been called out for because of the context. So if Lewis handled himself better he wouldnt get so much crap for non-issues.... problem is, who cares about a driver whining?? and how much of this whining is just simply portrayed that way after editors do their headline magic?

But stuff like the Ali g joke... That should have been a total non-issue, but it gets blown out because in general, he should not be saying that. Or the twitter data, it shouldnt have been a big issue; but why would he do that? he just put himself in a bad position for something he could have dealt with in a different way.

Similar to Bernie in a way hehe... except he gets away with all 'cause the old man owns the darn thing.
By racechick
I agree with you f1ea ....for a change. :hehe:
Woah, let's just stop this latest 'blame McLaren for everything' episode - it wasn't all on the team, Hamilton didn't like the way the new wing felt which actually started the whole mess for him “This morning in practice three I had some instabilities with the new wing that we were trying".

I went back and read some posts in the good ol' Lewis v Jenson thread around early Sept 2012 twittergate and it's cute to see some of the disdain for Hamilton and his actions so many of our ex-contributors had.

Some of us where very vocal in the defense back then. But... Lewis and his fanboys, what do they know. :rolleyes:
By racechick
Oh that IS an interesting read WB! I had a grin on my face reading through some of that!!
By racechick
lew :yikes:

I know :rofl::rofl::rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!